Author Topic: Cedu  (Read 6808 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Cedu
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:37:22 PM »
I am a former ceduite, and contrary to what the person said about me a few posts back (and i appreciate you using my full name for all the world to see) i have not diappeared. i am not terrible. ia m actually a very well and healty human being with a beautiful 5 year old son. sure i had a hard time when i was there, and when i ran away, and when i got kicked out and after id left.... but you know what??? i am fine. i overdaosed 3 times, got in hella trouble, but thru it all, at least i knew there were other options. i knew that there was a different kind of life that i could live.  i do not hate it (altho im sure i did when i was there). i am not f***** up because of it. i dont think it was a cult (but who am i talk, right? im LDS) but i am actually grateful to have had the opportunity to find out who i am, things about me that i never wouldve known, like that hey...I CAN CLIMB A FRICKEN MOUTAIN!!!! who wouldve thought? i am not all pro-cedu, but some of us had no other way out of the mess that we had gotten ourselves into before cedu. and for me, it was the ONLY way that wouldve worked. and i know this was a good place for Kim too, even tho she did have her own path in life and made some undesireable choices....WHO WAS MY BEST FRIEND, whom by the way is dead and I DONT APPRECIATE YOU USING HER FULL NAME ON THIS SITE. but i just think that CEDU was for certain kind of people with certain personalities, and not for others. but it was an experiece, and like any other life experience, you may or may not like it. but you had it. so stop whining and complaining about how you were made some kind of a victim and get off your lazy butt and do something about your life. its not anyone elses fault that you got yourself sent there. no one beat you up there or molested you or hurt you. it was a safe place. and by the way, a lot of the theorys there were based on actually psychological principals and exercises developed by great doctors thru time. so dont blame cedu. and it also sounds to me like your main problem is learning how to move on..let go....maybe a possible case of OCD?????maybe you need some anger management.....and some therapy to work on your hostility and inability to take any responsibility for yourself. maybe you need to figure out why you feel like such a victim of everything and everyone else-except yourself.
forgiveness dude.
look it up.
God Bless yyou sir, and i pray that you may find Peace within yourself and with your experience there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Cedu
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:19 PM »
Well, thanks for the pep-talk, there, maynard.

I could go into the same old song and dance argument like all of us have done on this site at one point or another about the whole "get over it" shpeal, and argue on a point-by-point basis about how detrimental the program is, its history, etc., but I have a more important question for you...

but i just think that CEDU was for certain kind of people with certain personalities, and not for others.

Would you mind elaborating on this? It's a very curious statement.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 09:55:29 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Cedu
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:51:35 PM »
Quote from: ""superwoman""
. and by the way, a lot of the theorys there were based on actually psychological principals and exercises developed by great doctors thru time. .

Wrong.  Start here to see that CEDU is a direct descendant of Synanon, a documented, dangerous cult.

http://fornits.com/wwf/search.php?mode=results

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
borrowed post
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »
Being in an environment that used abusive verbal barrage as a tool to promote "emotional growth", that included emotional ambushes, a re-write of my personal history through staff coersion, a prolonged hijack of independent thought, and extensive , destructive exploitation of my feelings, fears, vulnerabilties, and personal truth had one big impact when I got out. Don't trust anyone or get close to anyone again in any real, meaningful way, because they will exploit you, "misunderstand" you to their benefit, or try and control you in some way. Another was that I looked at every situation polemically. Thus, sub consciously, I was judging people on the outside by whether they were "in agreement." I didn't know I was doing it at the time. But it made it impossible to accept anyone by CEDU's standards, which were contrived and unrealistic.

I also saw my emotions so exploited, that at the end of my stay, I deadened access to them, so I wouldn't have to display them and the possibility of them being violated. In fact, sensitive person I am, I became numb. Even during CEDU, I found the emotional process so inauthentic that I could not cry. I really, really tried, because it seemed so important that I cried and screamed my way to salvation... Prior to that, I used to cry at AT&T commercials.

Last, I had some real issues that needed to be addressed. None of them were ever addressed at CEDU because one, self esteem was destroyed there, and two, they weren't equipped to deal with emotional growth on any level at all. Three, they weren't even dealing with what was real. They wrote a script for me, badgered me until I adopted it, but most of their perspective of my history was completely false. Even the truth, like, that I had slept with one boyfriend and was raped was reconstituted in such a way that I was treated like a slut by the staff. I'd never even been promiscuous. In fact, when I got out of there, my whole sexual perspective was seriously skewed.

Basically, I left CEDU with soem of the same issues, plus more...

The fact that they lied to and manipulated my parents, lied to and manipulated me, had my parents lie to me for the first time, and crossed major ethical therapeutic boundaries contributed a deep mistrust of authority, that extended to the therapeutic community at times when I needed to reach out for help.

My trust and respect for my parents was further disrupted when I saw how deftly they were manipulated, choosing to believe CEDU over me, when my problem had never been lying...In fact, I could have learned to hone that skill better to facilitate easier transactions at CEDU. The kids who did best there knew it was a con, and knew how to play the game.

Finally, living in an isolated environment, where you see the truth terrifically distorted, watch staff members lie, manipulate, and distort reality, see students adopt an attitude toward echother similar to Hitler youth in the sense of being conditioned to rat bully, spy on, and abuse their peers, affected me in ways I can't even articulate. Not to mention, that speaking your personal truth was stamped out to oblivion to the extent you didn't even know yourself anymore.

It's been a long, long time since I've posted and I feel I've, for the most part, assimilated and made peace with it, on some level, but given the opportunity, wanted to "testify" about the realiy of this experience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CEDU ITE?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 12:04:08 PM »
DID YOU GRADUATE- SELF PROCLAIMED CEDU- ITE?
IF NOT, WHEN DID YOU SPLIT?
WHAT WAS YOUR LAST PROFEET?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: CEDU ITE?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 12:07:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
DID YOU GRADUATE- SELF PROCLAIMED CEDU- ITE?
IF NOT, WHEN DID YOU SPLIT?
WHAT WAS YOUR LAST PROFEET?

Which post are you referring to and WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re Ceduite
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »
a cedu ite is someone who went to cedu. dork.
you cant be a self proclaimed ceduite. you just are someone who went to cedu.
and my name is not maynard. and i did not graduate. i split in 1992 a few weeks before i was supposed to graudate. i went thru everything, all the propheets and workshops.
 and yes WHY ARE YOU YELLING??????

andby the way, nice of you to defend, but i wasnt talking to you
=)

and to answer someone elses question......i think that my personality was the kind that benefited from being there because ofthe process i went thru inside myslef as a result of being taken out of the extremely self destructive environment that i was in. i think someone with a different personality, maybe like yours, someone who likes their life the way it was/is, whatever that may be, well then i dont think its for them. but for someone who wanted to change and just didnt know how, it was good.

the definition of a cult is a group of people whoall follow the same belief system or all have the same beilief in a single thing. so anyone who believes in Jesus is in a cult. and so is anyone who watches LOST religiously. and so is anyone who loves the movie THE IRON GIANT....OR ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS ANY BELIEF SYSTEM OR ANY ONE THING AT ALL.......
everthing is a cult. so then yes, CEDU was a cult.
so? who cares?
WTF?
Geton with it. now you have all created here a CULT...
a CULT of people who hate and spend their whole life trying to destroy something that DOESNT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!!!!!
=)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i cant help but wonder
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 04:40:59 PM »
if i am discussing this with people who i once knew and loved......(and presumably still would of course)
hmm.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Which peer group were you in Superwoman?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 05:15:46 PM »
Superwoman-
 Which peer group were you in? (ie who was in the group- I don't remember actual peer group names except mine....)
I'm fairly certain I know you- did you go to the high school in running springs? were you in flour 5 when you split (oh that ill-fated dorm)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
i dunno
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 05:30:45 PM »
i dont remeber the names of things..but i think i was in the white dorm when i ran away. i dont know what peer group i was in. (for being "brainwashed" i sure dont remember a lot of stuff about the place)
=)
do we know eachother????
curious.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
IN ADDITION....
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
yes, i did go to running springs. and my peer group combined with another one, so there were a lot of us.....
:)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Re Ceduite
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 05:39:55 PM »
a cedu ite is someone who went to cedu. dork.

Kiss my ass dickhead.  Duh. I know what a cedu-ite is.  I was wondering which post you were referring to.  The quote feature is good for that.

you cant be a self proclaimed ceduite. you just are someone who went to cedu.
and my name is not maynard. and i did not graduate. i split in 1992 a few weeks before i was supposed to graudate. i went thru everything, all the propheets and workshops.
 and yes WHY ARE YOU YELLING??????

andby the way, nice of you to defend, but i wasnt talking to you
=)

We didn't know WHO you were talking to, that's why we asked.  Touchy, touchy.  Damn.

and to answer someone elses question......i think that my personality was the kind that benefited from being there because ofthe process i went thru inside myslef as a result of being taken out of the extremely self destructive environment that i was in. i think someone with a different personality, maybe like yours, someone who likes their life the way it was/is, whatever that may be, well then i dont think its for them. but for someone who wanted to change and just didnt know how, it was good.

::fuckoff::  ::both::  ::fuckoff::  ::both::

the definition of a cult is a group of people whoall follow the same belief system or all have the same beilief in a single thing. so anyone who believes in Jesus is in a cult. and so is anyone who watches LOST religiously. and so is anyone who loves the movie THE IRON GIANT....OR ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS ANY BELIEF SYSTEM OR ANY ONE THING AT ALL.......
everthing is a cult. so then yes, CEDU was a cult.

Definition of cult:

http://www.ex-cult.org/bite.html

Read up.  You'll find it enlightening.

so? who cares?
WTF?
Geton with it. now you have all created here a CULT...
a CULT of people who hate and spend their whole life trying to destroy something that DOESNT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!!!!!
=)

Ah, but the decendants do.  We're here to keep other kids from having to go through the same bullshit that we did.

DUH[/b] :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline victoria

• View Profile
check your pm
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 05:49:16 PM »
Superwoman- I tried to PM you but can't find your username. email me at [email protected] (that's 2 v's, not a w!)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
please
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 05:54:54 PM »
i am not a dickhead and i really dont appreciate being called one. i am not one. and i am sorry for calling you a dork. but can we have a civillaized discussion without becoming ape like and carnivorous?
and as for the comment about the quote feature, well i just found this site last night while googling my name and so i am not sure how to do this. (nor am i very computer savvy)
so i am sorry for not doing it "right".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: please
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »
i am not a dickhead and i really dont appreciate being called one. i am not one. and i am sorry for calling you a dork. but can we have a civillaized discussion without becoming ape like and carnivorous?

Yes, you're the one yelling and calling people dorks.