Author Topic: ACRONYM SOUP, or how to run everyone off...  (Read 25240 times)

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
ACRONYM SOUP, or how to run everyone off...
« on: April 07, 2003, 10:57:00 PM »
SAFETYNET=Such A Futile Effort Yet No Evident Transitions

ISAC's=Intrepid Straightlings Arrogantly Controlling Speech

FART= Furious Assholes Really Traumatized,

SPERM= Straightlings Pissed; Eating Raw Meat

or my fav...NEWTON=Naughty Evil Women;Turn-on Nightly.  Can ya picture V. Miller in a bustierre? Sorta like Burt Reynolds in that movie...

Well, this place has gone bonkers again and it only took 2 months.  
Last time it was a lawyer who was in the Seed.  He did not have a message of love for ISAC.  He told them the truth about statutes of limitations, etc.  OH MY, that was not popular at all. Being that I was in the thick of the argument, I decided to hammer point with counterpoint. I picked the "WRONG" side of the arguement according to some.  I was called names. You are against US if you tell us we are wrong.  You are program.  SAY WHAT??? Fuelaw was told he was not a lawyer!! I was called a DFAF agent or some such shit.
The attacks now are similar. Personal.  Ugly. LOUD. Just not against me.
Lovers of COMPLIANCE welcome you until you tell them something they dont like.  Then you are a troll.
I rag the occasional overt moron , or religous fanatic of whatever stripe now or then, but this shit between some decent people has gone too far.  
Less than a year ago, people were logging in with real names and discussing the merits of cultivation and distribution of KIND BUDS on the board!!!!
Now we hear talk of DEA rattiness.  Restraining orders.  Stolen documents.  People who share a common bond shredding each other, JUST LIKE Gandy Bl, Austell Rd, Backlick, or whatever Straight you were in.
I sure as hell would watch my mouth if I was new and reading this stuff.
No wonder anon wrote what he did today.  Read it:

"As I read this board, it has occured to me that I have not seen any "slamming" or accusations under the name of Safetynet. I seems that the only anger and personal attacks I have seen is under the name of ISAC. I have just found this board in my looking for straight related sites. Based on what I have seen, I would not ask anyone for help. I'd just go see my psychologist."

People who are organizing should have unified postions on things.  Personal attacks have no place being mentioned ANYWHERE near the organization's good name.  It takes away the point of organizing.  Slash and burn posts under anon names leads to lack of trust.  I don't give my money to anons.Hell, I only give money to people I like.  After 2 years of Miller Newton's version of  Straight I am a little funny about trust, ya know.
I have been cornered and bitten publicly by people who didn't like what I say, and I see it again with new players.  
People are saying SEE YA.
Is that what organization was supposed to do?
Bill Hadley
St Pete & Atlanta
12/80-12/82
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »
Bill, have you ever given me your e-mail? Because, you know, I'd like to get all the Miller Newton stories that I can get. How about you share your experience in the program with me for my book? I like to think I have an open mind. Interviewees have told me that people who were abused in the program deserved it and all I did was listen. So no matter what you say, I won't argue with you. (Of course if you criticize me, you know - I'm prone to defend myself!)  :lol: Anyway - e-mail me: [email protected]

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »
...Arrives in Atlanta:
After Atlanta spun off from St pete in late 1981, Many of us held the opinion that they were some lucky folks to not have to deal with the Newtons.  Ah, should they be so lucky.  
Fast forward 6 months or so.  I have been sent from Fl to ATL for playing run from school, run from home a few too many times.  Misbehaving in group, but quietly doing so in the Atlanta way.  The rap is ongoing and the bitch leading it almost falls off her stool when a man with a grey beard and red face from wildly high blood pressure starts screaming at the back of the group at EVERYBODY.  He went flat the freak off axis for about 5 minutes...on the staff too!!
For me it was like being at home with that wild nutcase uncle every family has. "Well I'll be dipped in shit and kicked by a billygoat, ITS MY FAVORITE CONTROL FREAK". I thought This may be interesting. For those poor Atlanta kids who had joined since the move,and never met the legend from St Pete, it was like simultaneously hitting the Raid AND the lights on a roachy kitchen.  Oh baby, I had not heard anyone scream like that the entire time I was at Austell road.  Soft spoken Atlanta girl was confronting a guy too weakly, and by god, Miller's gonna show ya Po Folk's eating hicks how it's done.
I chuckled.  Got stood up too.  I guess he had to for old times sake.
That was so Virgil Miller Newton; to walk in,say nothing and quietly just walk to the back of group, and interupt whatever, screaming.  Didn't even raise his hand to respect the kid staff sometimes.
Bill H
Bill H
12/80-12/82

Offline Powerful Attitude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 12:55:00 AM »
On 2003-04-07 19:57:00, Tampa survivor wrote:

"
I rag the occasional overt moron , or religous fanatic of whatever stripe now or then, but this shit between some decent people has gone too far.

Survivor I thought you were going to meet me in a separate post. I understand some of your ideas considering some of the stuff going around. But you have made two comments that I am willed to respond.  First question though, are you directing these towards specific people, or is this the real you? It is o.k for you to deny Christ, that is your choice. So be it. So shall it be written. But when you drag others into the denial and publicly announce it, you lack knowledge. Let them speak when it comes to their faith. Thanks. It is offensive to attack someone's beleifs, such as me attacking your direction. Surely you would respond in defense! Not today though because I liked what I saw. It sounds to me you've tried to make a difference, and it has been a tough battle. We all need to rest sometimes. It helps cleanse the spirit, it helps to see things clearer.

Helps to see who are your enemies and who are your Brothers.
t. Petersburg 1985-86, Dallas 86-87

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 09:39:00 AM »
I think I remember Newton being in ATL once. I thought "what an ass" and was grateful to see him go. I think most of OUR staff was also. I've said it to others, but for straight ATL was incredibly laid back and not quite so abusive. Perhaps why they lasted longest. Both a curse and a blessing I guess.

You know what I really hate about Christians? It is the egotistical way in which they pronounce that if you don't believe in God my way you are going ot burn! Not only burn, but you are a Godless heathen and should be pitied for your lack of knowledge and understanding. Christ did not do this to people. I have studied, I mean really studied most of the popular religions and have come to the conclusion that they are all correct. It is kind of like ice cream, there may be 31 flavors, but they are all ice cream and most of them are quite tasty. To say some one is doomed because they believe in God differently is taking God's job. Another thing, having a child I know I would never do anything to cause harm to him. If we are God's children, how could He willfully harm us? I choose not to believe is this kind of God as I consider this to be the definition of evil. To willfully cause harm to another. Hmmm, a God in Miller Newtons image.....

I have found one thing that really helps with touchy issues. If I talk about myself and my beliefs people have a tough time taking issue to them. I am only talking about myself. (I know, I know, It cme from straight. It is about the only thing from there that works in the real world.)

Lastly, I am every bit as guilty as Bill for stating my opinion. I do so somtime knowing it will be unpopular. It is still my opinion. It took me a really long time after straight to believe that my own belief structure had merit. It took me much effort to discard a lot of the straight moralistic nonsense and replace them. These were some really fearful times. When I step on a land mine, it has amazed and humbled me to see people come to my defense. Even some of the lurkers. I am entitled to my opinion as are others, I am also entitled to disagree with your opinion as you are mine. I can state why I disagree as can you. I cannot call you names bacause you differ, other can call me names, but in so doing I count your arguements a failure and declare myself the winner. Personal attacks are just that, they prove no point and make no case. They only redirect energy to phony issues and waste time.

CL

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »
It is kind of like ice cream, there may be 31 flavors, but they are all ice cream and most of them are quite tasty. To say some one is doomed because they believe in God differently is taking God's job.

Thank you!

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 07:07:00 PM »
I was asked 2 questions about who I was directing my above comments to.  Hmm, read my 3oo+ posts stored on the hard drive at fornits and figure that one out yourself.  What ya see is what you get baby..
...and POEWERFUL Attitude, I guess the frenzy of your religous talking got you going well enough to forget to ask the SECOND one.
In the name of Jesus,
Jihad!!
Bill H
12/80-12/82

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 08:33:00 PM »

On 2003-04-08 16:07:00, Tampa survivor wrote:

"I was asked 2 questions about who I was directing my above comments to.  Hmm, read my 3oo+ posts stored on the hard drive at fornits and figure that one out yourself.  What ya see is what you get baby..

...and POEWERFUL Attitude, I guess the frenzy of your religous talking got you going well enough to forget to ask the SECOND one.

Well Survivor,
If you looked closely you would have realized I didn't say, "Respond to". I said, "I am willed to respond". But I did make one type-o. It should have said "First "A" question".  Now that we got that resolved don't you feel stupid ranting like the devil's advocate.  I think you were the one on the frenzy that you didn't read what I wrote twice, or you are blind. Post all you want about being an Anti-Christ I believe it speaks load enough. I don't feel I even need to respond.  

Oh Clay,
Have all the 31 flavors you want no wonder you're so confused. The real reason why you hate so much is because you hear the Word talking about you. Yes. He is the only one who can see right into your soul. Other than that you can tell everyone that you are an Anti as well. I will just sit back and laugh. You have said enough for both of us. Thanks

P.A.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 09:38:00 PM »
I am so glad you have peace in your heart and freedom for your soul.  It just sounds so weird to see the words you write not matching the harmonious freedom Jesus CAN bestow upon people who live by HIS teachings.  
I will pray for you tonight.
Bill
PS hey Clay, lets smoke one and eat some Ben & Jerry's!!!
Bill H
12/80-12/82

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »
They killed Christ and his Apostle's because of their righteousness.  Is this the Harmonious Freedom you are mentioning? I don't now who you pray to since you don't worship Christ, that is kind of eerie. No thanks. But I will pray for us in Jesus Christ's name.

Maybe, next time TAMPA.

P.A.

You're such a rebel.Yah.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2003, 12:27:00 AM »
On 2003-04-08 19:03:00, Powerful Attitude wrote:
"I don't now who you pray to since you don't worship Christ, that is kind of eerie. No thanks. But I will pray for us in Jesus Christ's name."

So, you speak for Jesus. BTW, I though that GOD said that we should not forsake him and woship others. Since Christ is the son of God and not God himself, are you forsaking God for Christs sake?

In the name of Jesus,
Jihad!! ::armed::

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2003, 01:27:00 AM »
That is a great question and yes, you are correct.  However, I did write IN the name of Jesus Christ, not to Him directly.  Jesus Christ is a signant to Our Father.  When people talk of God, unless they say Jesus Christ, you know not what God they speak of.  So when we say, in the name of Jesus Christ, it gives thanks and glory to Our Father.

And whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.  C
olossians 3:17

I speak OF Jesus.  I AM BY NO MEANS His intrepreter.  I enjoy His Truth and wisdom, that He is willing to give to all of us.  He has opened my eyes and given a different direction for me and my family.

He does not speak His word to destroy people or when The Word is spoken, it is not meant to damage anyone.  It is just The Truth.  The book of Proverbs is an excellent display of wisdom, knowledge, truth and power.  The goal is to be more and more Christ-like.

I still have good times with old friends, and I  can't be perfect.

P.A.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2003, 09:12:00 AM »
PA, you are Such a good Christian! I can't recall in all of Jesus ministries where he ever told someone they were wrong. Except maybe where he opened the can of whoop-ass on the rabbi's selling stuff in the temple. All He would do would be to tell a story and maybe write some things in the dirt or perhaps go have dinner at your house.

I would like to point out that by throwing your morals and beliefs and then couching them in terms of Christ's word, yes you are acting as His intrepter. With you so convinced of your own righteousness I am skeptical that you have room for any God other than yourself. I think you do nothing "in the name of Lord Jesus." I think you do what you do in your own name and for your own agrandizement. Thus PRIDE. Look at me, I am so good, so deserving of salvation!

Grace. It in only through Grace that one is "saved." Do you know what Grace is? I have heard it defined this way. Grace- Receiving a gift undeserved and without merit.

Lastly, who the heck says I am confused? I have some concrete beliefs about God and about "salvation." These are my beliefs and are quite private. I have no need spew them forth and beat others over the head with them. I have no need for public displays so others can say, "look how righteous Clay is!" If you want to hear my beliefs, look at the way I live my life. See what I do. It's like that old joke:

How can you tell when an addict is lying?
His lips are moving.

PA, I don't believe you and I think you are at the least dishonest in your Righteousness. I generally don't have time for people who play games and intentionally mess with peoples heads. I no longer have time for you. I hope you really do have such a "wonderful" relationship with your Higher Power; it sounds to me like that is all you have.

Clay

PS E. G. O. = Edging God Out

Offline chinrse23

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2003, 09:47:00 AM »
ClayL i agree with you--my beliefs are private too. I dont feel like i have to spout them off to anyone either.

Offline wayeast

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »
Bill,

I remember that time in Atlanta. GEEZ, the guy just about made me jump out of my skin.  I had no idea who the man was, or even that he was there, and the next thing I knew this RED-faced bastard was yelling from the back of the room, "that's BULLS**T!" and starting a rant.  I have never seen someone's face so red. Even though I was cooperating, I found that I wanted to charge the guy and pummel him.  

I've thought since then that he just really got off on being angry.  There was no other explanation for his behavior.