Author Topic: End Institutionalized Abuse Against Children Act of 2005  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
End Institutionalized Abuse Against Children Act of 2005
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:27:34 PM »
"The bill was killed in committee by Republicans fearing "regulation" of any private businesses"
Would you want the government regulating your business? Tell the whole story here not just the part you want to see.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »
I definately dont want the government in "my  business". Unless I decide to open a treatment center,its  none of their business. However,if someone decides to open a care facility.They should be
monitered.Look at what the sicko's in Maine have done to you and I,as a direct result of no monitering. They got away with their crimes as a result of this.Are you saying they and others should not be regulated?
Selling plumbing supplies or whatever is  different than caring for children. At least thats how I see it.

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »
Yes programs should be regulated and yes they definately should be regulated. However this should be a separate bill and not open the door to governmental regulation of all private business. As far as Maine is concerned I've lived here only 7 years and what I've seen is it is one of the most over regulated states in the country. The real problem in Maine is that there is so much beauracratic bullshit going on that the left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing and thats how the more fucked up programs survive. It's hard to believe that Maine is the second highest taxed state in the nation yet it has no oversight in how public monies are spent on these shit holes.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:39:23 AM »
I dont know what makes you think Maine is so overregulated. As you know, money controls politics and the money is out to "protect" busisness's from being regulated with the enthusiasm that you wish went into "protecting" from  torture. With campain donations (bribes) lobbying (bribes) pacs and "independant "public interest groups (bribes) moneyied interests keep their interests safe from ovesight

In the end, public money or no what keeps the torure of children going is the complete lack of regulation and will to enforce legislation. These people need to be policed. In fact.. these people just need to be sent back to the shadows. What right does anyone ever to kidnap another human being?

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:02:15 AM »
"I dont know what makes you think Maine is so overregulated".
Why not just take a look at a little entity known as Dept. of Professional and Financial Regulation. Now you might think with a name like that it monitors programs such as Elan for example. Not a chance. Nope for that you may have to take a peek at DHHS (Dept. of Health and Human Services), OSA (Office of Substance Abuse) and of course let's not forget the Dept. of Education, after all Elan does profess itself to be a school. Now amongst these four separate entities who do you suppose would be the watchdog over Elan? Your guess is as good as mine. As far as money being plundered around the state let's not for a moment forget who controls the purse strings, yep you guessed it, the Democrats.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:55:45 PM »
This may or may not be a politically based problem.I would be ignorant to comment on that w/out knowlege. But whether republican or democrat.The state agency which in fact oversee's such places as Elan has been on the take for a number of years.Do you really believe that either political party would allow such abuses to go on for as many years.
$$$$ is the real issue... Who has taken it,and who currently is on the take,that allows what they do to continue.Criminals,by nature change their ways according to whether or not they will get caught.Not by which political party is in charge.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 05:42:26 AM »
exactly, Its all about $$$. And its naive to fear that $$$ will not be able to protect itself from "overregulation". Afterall, regulation- like minimum wage,  sexual harrasment, health care laws etc- all take total absolute power and maximum profit away monied interests. They will fight to prevent that ...and they will be very sucessful at it. Worrying about  the most powerful and wealthy individuals in the world seems at least unesesary & it alsot seems like you are being mainpulated by propoganda intended to do just that. ( I know ,i used to be like that until I realized that I was worrying about the interests of the wealthiest and most powerful....and their claims thet what is in the best interest for them, is the best interest of everyone is not something I buy into)

They can handly the govt becasue for the most part they BUY The govt Look how easy it was to shoot this law down just becasue there is a CHANCE it MAYin the FUTURE  lead to POSSIBLEY USEFUL or NOT USEFUL regulation. That  was a greater threat to these congress people than DEFINITE CURRENT child torutr!. I think one of these dangers is a greater immediate threat!
Imagine the chutzpah of allowing child torture to becasue of some far out , easily amendable possibility like that? Let the busisnesses take care of that possibilty when the time comes. Look, they started a multi million $ effort to stop a law that would have forced them to allow increased "emergency breaks" for pregnant woman after a couple of them miscarried after they they needed to sit down and werent allowed to. How many billion $ efforts have been pressed against the legistlature from former prisoners of Elan? Can you donate 500,000 to 4 of your local congress people to pass anti elan laws- well business's can. Think about it

Buisnesses can protect themselves! children cant.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 09:40:37 AM »
Thats seems like quite a reach.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 12:21:03 AM »
what?  The idea that big buisness -extradonarily well-educated, extradinarily-wealthy, extradinarily-powerful people who appoint or ARE  the actual officials in regulatory comitees, who personally supply almost all funds for govt officials to live on can protect themselves from being explioted... while the children of elan cannot is a "reach"? If only that were true my freind, if only that were true.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 08:32:47 AM »
I dont claim to be a Harvard Physicist. But i cant see a senator Dem
or Rep accepting a child abused in their state. I prob just dont have all the info,as you seem too.In addition,its been stated here that Elan does not carry on their old traditions of abuse anymore,though i find that very hard to believe. Maybe they are not knockin kids around like they used too. But my belief is that leopards dont change their spots.
After all,these are people that have been doing this kind of thing for 3 decades
Have a good day

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 12:52:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I dont claim to be a Harvard Physicist. But i cant see a senator Dem
or Rep accepting a child abused in their state. I prob just dont have all the info,as you seem too.In addition,its been stated here that Elan does not carry on their old traditions of abuse anymore,though i find that very hard to believe. Maybe they are not knockin kids around like they used too. But my belief is that leopards dont change their spots.
After all,these are people that have been doing this kind of thing for 3 decades
Have a good day

Well, you can believe the "SCHOOL" won't call it "child abuse!"  There's lots of other more sanitized ways to put it, e.g., "behavior modification" in the name of "therapy" or what have you?  And you're right, leopards don't change their spots.  Maybe they are trying for Elan-Lite these days, but's it still Elan.  And it's still fucked up.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 03:16:24 PM »
Well, you can believe the "SCHOOL" won't call it "child abuse!" There's lots of other more sanitized ways to put it, e.g., "behavior modification" in the name of "therapy" or what have you? And you're right, leopards don't change their spots. Maybe they are trying for Elan-Lite these days, but's it still Elan. And it's still fucked up.

Little question in my mind.
Thats what has me baffled. This is not new news to anyone ...
How is it they continue to have children in their charge. Who is on the take. Surely with all the bad press everywhere. Police agencies as well as State agencies are well advised of their antics.Again they still go on.
I guess if you are wealthy,the "in" thing to do still,is drop off your children and make someone else deal with em.