Poll

Do you think that Ross Sanner should be teaching high school students?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
7 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closes: May 22, 2044, 05:51:18 AM

Author Topic: Hyde Bath teacher looking at 15 years  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde Bath teacher looking at 15 years
« on: March 13, 2007, 01:25:39 AM »
Ross Sanner Hyde Bath Alumni and current teacher at Hyde School in Bath Maine was on trial in court for charges of breaking and entering and assault. The case was dropped and he was cleared of the charges. Now he is currently teaching at Hyde School in Bath Maine.

As an alumnus he was not prepared for life.
Struggling with an anger problem that almost landed him in prison he is perfectly fit to tell others how to live their lives.
He has also been noted in several school meetings as one of the most intimidating and disrespectful faculty members.
He has not yet shown any effort to make a change in his attitude.

I am a current student at Hyde in Bath and see Ross very frequently. I am remaining anonymous for my safety and to avoid being held accountable for "treason"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 09:18:12 AM »
o sir...please tell the whole story unless you haven't heard it from Ross. His lawyer told him what to leave out and what not. He could have gotten off completely due to the circumstances. But he told the truth instead. He went up there and (paraphrasing) "I messed up. I have a problem. I'm owning up to it." so please have your facts straight. and sir, man up to use your real name. you're a current student who "doesn't give a fuck" online. how are you out there at hyde? must be hard to live two lives. and don't give me the "i don't want hyde to read it and get me in trouble." that just means you're the Big Man when you get away with it, but a scared little child who just got caught stealing from the cookie jar when people can see you.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »
Quote from: ""bill procida""
o sir...please tell the whole story unless you haven't heard it from Ross. His lawyer told him what to leave out and what not. He could have gotten off completely due to the circumstances. But he told the truth instead. He went up there and (paraphrasing) "I messed up. I have a problem. I'm owning up to it." so please have your facts straight. and sir, man up to use your real name. you're a current student who "doesn't give a fuck" online. how are you out there at hyde? must be hard to live two lives. and don't give me the "i don't want hyde to read it and get me in trouble." that just means you're the Big Man when you get away with it, but a scared little child who just got caught stealing from the cookie jar when people can see you.

So, what IS the whole truth, the so-called "straight facts?"  I have yet to learn it here, from anyone.

And as to the issue of preferred anonymity, that has been addressed here since perhaps Kingdom-come.  People have their reasons, and you have to respect that.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Hyde Bath teacher looking at 15 years
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 06:56:38 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Ross Sanner Hyde Bath Alumni and current teacher at Hyde School in Bath Maine was on trial in court for charges of breaking and entering and assault. The case was dropped and he was cleared of the charges. Now he is currently teaching at Hyde School in Bath Maine.

Struggling with an anger problem that almost landed him in prison he is perfectly fit to tell others how to live their lives.
He has also been noted in several school meetings as one of the most intimidating and disrespectful faculty members.

I am a current student at Hyde in Bath and see Ross very frequently. I am remaining anonymous for my safety and to avoid being held accountable for "treason"

I am not familiar with the incident(s) involving Ross Sanner.  Would you please provide details: When did this happen? Who was involved?  How did Hyde deal with this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 09:00:03 AM »
Quote from: ""bill procida""

You are really something Bill Procida.  Does it make you feel like more of a man to bully somebody?  So what if he does not want to get the wrath of Hyde by posting his name publicly You and I both know what would happen if he did.  Hyde would call this guy in, would tell him he has an attitude problem and would put him on 2-4, (a punishment for those of you who dont know) and basically his ass would be grass.

Personally I don't post my name for a very good reason.  One never knows what life has in store for you and when you post your name to something on the internet, it is there for life!!  My future career is important to me and I don't want potential employers seeing that I went to a school for troubled teens.  One day Bill, you might not be happy that when "googling" Bill Procida, this website comes up with your posts.  Then again, maybe it won't bother you as it looks like you are a trust fund baby who won't have a care, but some of us aren't in that position.

No offense meant Bill, just being honest

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 09:24:06 AM »

I am not familiar with the incident(s) involving Ross Sanner.  Would you please provide details: When did this happen? Who was involved?  How did Hyde deal with this?

From reading this it seems as though the criminal problems of this man Ross Sanner is not the point.  The point being that once again Hyde hires faculty who are ill prepared to help kids with "character education."  

I have to shake my head each time I hear of another inept faculty member at Hyde, which there are many.  Hydes concept of Character Education is good, but they just can't get it right with the way they try to implement it!  You can't hire former students and others who have no credentials pay them peanuts and then expect them to be able to help kids who lack motivation, have emotional problems, are dealing with abuse issues, etc. What worries me is the turnover in faculty at Hyde.  I only recognize a handful of faculty on the list who were there when I was, which was only two years ago.  Boarding schools do have turnover, but not the kind of turnover as there is at Hyde.

Hyde isn't going to work in the long term.  I see some kids at Hyde who learn to adapt and adhere while at Hyde, but the minute they leave the confines of Hyde it is back to their old ways.

This is why although it is impressive that Bill Procida is able to speak wisely right now, his future might not be as bright as he believes.  As you see from some of these posts, sometimes it takes years to come to terms with what happens to a person at Hyde.  Many times the outcome is not good.  Let's here from you in ten years Bill.

And by the way Bill, you stated something in one of your previous posts about Hyde not caring about this board and not looking at it often.  You couldn't be more wrong and you are naive to think otherwise.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 01:41:48 PM »
An emphasis on character seems to be the rage of late, as far as the field of education goes, but Hyde was not the first nor the best to attempt to capitalize on it.  And in Hyde's case, "character" really seems to be interpreted more along the lines of "compliance with he who has the most spittle" (not to mention the personal propensity to project it).

Human nature is human nature, and you can't rework a person through thought coercion and behavior modification and expect it to last.  People revert, and most do, right back to where they were before they went to Hyde.  Often they are worse off, as issues and problems present at the time reemerge.  Sometimes a coming-of-age type of "problem" is not so benign when you are no longer at an age where you would ordinarily experience it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »

From reading this it seems as though the criminal problems of this man Ross Sanner is not the point.  The point being that once again Hyde hires faculty who are ill prepared to help kids with "character education."  

I have to shake my head each time I hear of another inept faculty member at Hyde, which there are many.  Hydes concept of Character Education is good, but they just can't get it right with the way they try to implement it!  You can't hire former students and others who have no credentials pay them peanuts and then expect them to be able to help kids who lack motivation, have emotional problems, are dealing with abuse issues, etc. What worries me is the turnover in faculty at Hyde.  I only recognize a handful of faculty on the list who were there when I was, which was only two years ago.  Boarding schools do have turnover, but not the kind of turnover as there is at Hyde.

Hyde isn't going to work in the long term.  I see some kids at Hyde who learn to adapt and adhere while at Hyde, but the minute they leave the confines of Hyde it is back to their old ways.

This is why although it is impressive that Bill Procida is able to speak wisely right now, his future might not be as bright as he believes.  As you see from some of these posts, sometimes it takes years to come to terms with what happens to a person at Hyde.  Many times the outcome is not good.  Let's here from you in ten years Bill.

And by the way Bill, you stated something in one of your previous posts about Hyde not caring about this board and not looking at it often.  You couldn't be more wrong and you are naive to think otherwise.

I'd say there are two compelling issues here.  First, another Hyde teacher reportedly has engaged in bad behavior.  Add him to the list.

Second, Hyde has an incredible knack for hiring ill prepared, unskilled faculty and staff who either behave badly or have poor judgment.  How is it that this school survives when it has such a lousy track record?  The pockets of incompetence at Hyde are incredible.  The occasional good news that comes out of Hyde is poisoned by the stunning amount of unethical, incompetent goings-on there.  Yup, Hyde sure does model character education, doesn't it?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »
It's not just that Hyde has an "incredible knack for hiring ill prepared, unskilled faculty and staff who either behave badly or have poor judgment," but also how they react to these incidents and what actions they do or do not take!

Are these faculty truly held accountable for their actions?
Are reparations made to the appropriate parties?
Does the school behave in a transparent and approachable manner?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
It's not just that Hyde has an "incredible knack for hiring ill prepared, unskilled faculty and staff who either behave badly or have poor judgment," but also how they react to these incidents and what actions they do or do not take!

You can get remarried in Bath and live in Hyde housing in Woodstock if you misbehave enough.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 09:03:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""

What's especially troubling at Hyde is that they seem to repeat their mistakes over and over again.  I find it incredibly sad that for decades now Hyde "alumni" (I use quotation marks because most people who start at Hyde seem to leave before graduation) have reported a string of bad incidents, abuses, incompetent faculty, and misguided judgment.  One of the things I've noticed about Hyde is that there's lots of turnover among young staff and the Hyde "lifers" seem to get rearranged each year like chairs on the Titanic.  Hyde staff seem to exchange positions, moving from one office or department to another.  Hyde has produced a 'closed system' where fresh perspectives seem to leave soon after they arrive and the lifers feed and perpetuate each other's grossly distorted views.  No wonder nothing significant at Hyde seems to change.  I have a feeling they have no idea how out of step they are with the new and much more creative, innovative and effective schools for this kind of student body.  The world seems to have passed by Joe Gauld and company.  Hyde is archaic, narrow minded, and increasingly irrelevant, mocked, scorned, and ignored.