Author Topic: Don't identify yourself on this board! Hyde is lurking!  (Read 6992 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Don't identify yourself on this board! Hyde is lurking!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
On 2005-11-05 15:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-05 15:12:00, Lars wrote:

"I graduated in '90, only the Bath campus existed then.  I recall that they were in the planning stages for the Connecticut campus.

I have nothing to hide(no pun intended)...and nothing to fear."

I applaud your willingness to assert your opinions and expose Hyde.  Obviously, you have lots of people surrounding you who share your views and concerns.  This public dialogue is making a difference.  It's obvious that many people who know Hyde's warts are coming out of the woodwork.  Fortunately, this information is getting to people who are considering Hyde.  "

Not only is some of this getting out to parents who investigate Hyde on the "net" before enrolling, but maybe students and parents will feel more comfortable speaking out about the abuses they go on at Hyde.  It is time that the truth be known especially since Hyde is conning the local school systems into starting programs affiliated with Hyde.  NY is supposedly considering Hyde for a Charter School.  Scary!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »
On 2005-11-05 15:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"I graduated in '90, only the Bath campus existed then.  I recall that they were in the planning stages for the Connecticut campus.

I applaud your willingness to assert your opinions and expose Hyde.  Obviously, you have lots of people surrounding you who share your views and concerns.  This public dialogue is making a difference.  It's obvious that many people who know Hyde's warts are coming out of the woodwork.  Fortunately, this information is getting to people who are considering Hyde.  "

Not only is some of this getting out to parents who investigate Hyde on the "net" before enrolling, but maybe students and parents will feel more comfortable speaking out about the abuses they go on at Hyde.  It is time that the truth be known especially since Hyde is conning the local school systems into starting programs affiliated with Hyde.  NY is supposedly considering Hyde for a Charter School.  Scary!!"

Scary is right.  Perhaps it's time for people who know Hyde's destructive practices to contact all the school systems in which Hyde is starting programs.  Those school officials should be told about this and other websites that are exposing what actually happens at Hyde.  My guess is that most of these school officials have only been exposed to Hyde's slick PR materials and presentations -- the same ones that seduced many of us.  Does anyone have a list of the schools systems, addresses, etc.?

Offline Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
What could Hyde do legally?  Nothing, that's what.  Sue for defamation?  We're talking about an institution, not a person, and in any case, defamation has to involve false statements - not the truths being exposed on this board.  Don't fall for any legal fearmongerming crap.  They can't do a thing about the postings on this board legally.  Our statements are fully protected by the First Amendment.  Keep on telling the truth!  [ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2005-11-05 15:58 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
On 2005-11-05 15:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

Not only is some of this getting out to parents who investigate Hyde on the "net" before enrolling, but maybe students and parents will feel more comfortable speaking out about the abuses they go on at Hyde.  It is time that the truth be known especially since Hyde is conning the local school systems into starting programs affiliated with Hyde.  NY is supposedly considering Hyde for a Charter School.  Scary!!"

Scary is right.  Perhaps it's time for people who know Hyde's destructive practices to contact all the school systems in which Hyde is starting programs.  Those school officials should be told about this and other websites that are exposing what actually happens at Hyde.  My guess is that most of these school officials have only been exposed to Hyde's slick PR materials and presentations -- the same ones that seduced many of us.  Does anyone have a list of the schools systems, addresses, etc.?"

If you go to the internet and look up NYC, DC, school systems, you can write to them.  I believe Hyde still has a Charter School in Ct and they just opened one up in California.  You can find this out easily by looking up Hyde's PR on the net!  It is important that you get to the word out to the different school systems, BEFORE they negotiate a deal with Hyde!!  NYC is one of these that I don't believe has definitely decided.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
On 2005-11-05 16:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-05 15:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

"

Scary is right.  Perhaps it's time for people who know Hyde's destructive practices to contact all the school systems in which Hyde is starting programs.  Those school officials should be told about this and other websites that are exposing what actually happens at Hyde.  My guess is that most of these school officials have only been exposed to Hyde's slick PR materials and presentations -- the same ones that seduced many of us.  Does anyone have a list of the schools systems, addresses, etc.?"

If you go to the internet and look up NYC, DC, school systems, you can write to them.  I believe Hyde still has a Charter School in Ct and they just opened one up in California.  You can find this out easily by looking up Hyde's PR on the net!  It is important that you get to the word out to the different school systems, BEFORE they negotiate a deal with Hyde!!  NYC is one of these that I don't believe has definitely decided."

Thanks for the details.  Certainly we should be contacting these school officials to let them know how many Hyde horror stories are out there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2005, 05:46:00 PM »
Any smart person who has spent even a few weeks at Hyde and observed the behavior of staff/teachers knows that Hyde is a haven for recovered druggies/alcoholics - Many of the staff tell you this -

But as my child told me with friends last year - most "are still recovering" and are "drunk in the middle of the night when we search them out for help"

Tragic - that smart parents and caring parents can be so "spoofed" and "reigned in" - We were truly smart and caring and loving and TRUSTING - but Hyde eventually broke every rule that they PROFESS to uphold -

We stuck through the muck and horror of the FLC seminars/Family Weekend seminars - and were just FREAKED by the number of "Stepford Alumnae Parents" who literally parolled every area of campus - including the intimacy of the dorm life - to find "anyone" challenging their "cult" - Yes, I was totally intimated, totally terrified - why??? - Because I had hoped for the BEST for my son - I was told not to listen to him..........

But then I DID listen to him - and I felt anguish and pain.......

And as a PS - I was always criticised for not finding fault with someone in seminars - I was always sympathethic and understanding - for God's sake, we all have burdens to bear and to be each other's friend in a time of need is so necessary.
The response requested in seminars is to be "negative" - And if you don't have any response to a particular commentary, then you are TOTALLY screwed - and SO is your child!!

In one seminar, one father responded to me that my comments were great but that he didnt really feel that he KNEW me at all - You are NOT allowed to respond but I DID - and said very quickly, you have not earned my friendship and trust to allow me to give you personal info about me - The room shut up and the facilitator shut up - but guess what, then it was "time up" for me, and so we could move right on to the next soul.........

So people remain steaming because they can't do anything but put forth their comments, get a shit-load of abstract response......and then you move on to the next person.

What happened to "dialogue" - finding truth over harmony, etc. - you can't find ANY of these values if you are constantly being "shut down" and not able to dialogue.

Such a strange, strange place..........

Joe Gauld - we ask you to post your financials - complaints are being filed from everywhere - Be brave and face Truth and tell your drunken/uncertified staff to have the "COURAGE" to do the same.

Get your own website up and running - spend your millions earned from desperate parents and put it into an HONEST website to receive and give feedback

Yo - Joe - You CAN do it - think of it as your "purpose in life" and tag along all the familyl members on the payroll who can't jobs anywhere else, and YIKES - we MIGHT find "TRUTH OVER HARMONY" at its roots -

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
On 2005-11-16 14:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Any smart person who has spent even a few weeks at Hyde and observed the behavior of staff/teachers knows that Hyde is a haven for recovered druggies/alcoholics - Many of the staff tell you this -

But as my child told me with friends last year - most "are still recovering" and are "drunk in the middle of the night when we search them out for help"

Tragic - that smart parents and caring parents can be so "spoofed" and "reigned in" - We were truly smart and caring and loving and TRUSTING - but Hyde eventually broke every rule that they PROFESS to uphold -

We stuck through the muck and horror of the FLC seminars/Family Weekend seminars - and were just FREAKED by the number of "Stepford Alumnae Parents" who literally parolled every area of campus - including the intimacy of the dorm life - to find "anyone" challenging their "cult" - Yes, I was totally intimated, totally terrified - why??? - Because I had hoped for the BEST for my son - I was told not to listen to him..........

And as a PS - I was always criticised for not finding fault with someone in seminars - I was always sympathethic and understanding - for God's sake, we all have burdens to bear and to be each other's friend in a time of need is so necessary.

The response requested in seminars is to be "negative" - And if you don't have any response to a particular commentary, then you are TOTALLY screwed - and SO is your child!!

In one seminar, one father responded to me that my comments were great but that he didnt really feel that he KNEW me at all - You are NOT allowed to respond but I DID - and said very quickly, you have not earned my friendship and trust to allow me to give you personal info about me - The room shut up and the facilitator shut up - but guess what, then it was "time up" for me, and so we could move right on to the next soul.........

So people remain steaming because they can't do anything but put forth their comments, get a shit-load of abstract response......and then you move on to the next person.

What happened to "dialogue" - finding truth over harmony, etc. - you can't find ANY of these values if you are constantly being "shut down" and not able to dialogue.

Joe Gauld - we ask you to post your financials - complaints are being filed from everywhere - Be brave and face Truth and tell your drunken/uncertified staff to have the "COURAGE" to do the same.

Get your own website up and running - spend your millions earned from desperate parents and put it into an HONEST website to receive and give feedback

Yo - Joe - You CAN do it - think of it as your "purpose in life" and tag along all the familyl members on the payroll who can't jobs anywhere else, and YIKES - we MIGHT find "TRUTH OVER HARMONY" at its roots -

"

I'm amazed at the frequency with which people who post on this website refer to Hyde's Stepford Staff, Hyde's cult-ish qualities, Hyde's brainwashing and manipulation, Hyde's Kool-Aid that one dare not drink, Joe Gauld's arrogance, and on and on.  The litany doesn't stop.  And, diverse people with very diverse experiences come to these same conclusions.  

How is it possible for a school surrounded by so much intense anger and resentment to continue to function?  Does ANY of this penetrate the Hyde skin, or is the skin so thick and well-defended that Hyde staff don't take any of this in?

If I were in Hyde administrators' shoes, I'd be very, very worried about the cancerous publicity that is now spreading about the school.  Momentum is building; eventually this should have a major impact on Hyde.  It ought to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

"Any smart person who has spent even a few weeks at Hyde and observed the behavior of staff/teachers knows that Hyde is a haven for recovered druggies/alcoholics - Many of the staff tell you this -

"

You're absolutely right.  Hyde's seminars are beyond sick.  Parents and staff believe they have the right to comment on your life even though they know virtually nothing about you.  Parents and staff who struggle with their own recovery and mental health issues believe they have the wisdom to lecture you about your issues.  Parents and staff who barely have their act together believe they should have the authority to sermonize.  Parents and staff who have no training in psychotherapy believe they should guide other troubled lives.  Parents and staff whose own track records are shoddy believe they have the right to shut off dialogue.

Anyone who subjects themselves to this ought to take a big step back and reflect on this craziness.  Then they ought to consult with a well informed, thoughtful educational consultant and run from Hyde as fast as they can.  No educational consultant with any integrity would refer a family to Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »
On 2005-11-16 16:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

I'm amazed at the frequency with which people who post on this website refer to Hyde's Stepford Staff, Hyde's cult-ish qualities, Hyde's brainwashing and manipulation, Hyde's Kool-Aid that one dare not drink, Joe Gauld's arrogance, and on and on.  The litany doesn't stop.  And, diverse people with very diverse experiences come to these same conclusions.  

How is it possible for a school surrounded by so much intense anger and resentment to continue to function?  Does ANY of this penetrate the Hyde skin, or is the skin so thick and well-defended that Hyde staff don't take any of this in?

If I were in Hyde administrators' shoes, I'd be very, very worried about the cancerous publicity that is now spreading about the school.  Momentum is building; eventually this should have a major impact on Hyde.  It ought to.  "

I can assure you that the discussion on this website is having an impact.  At one time we considered Hyde for our child.  After reading many of these postings (and talking to a number of parents and educational consultants) we have eliminated Hyde as a possibility.  We can't imagine subjecting ourselves to this kind of atmosphere.  We've talked with many people about many different schools; Hyde is the only school that has triggered this amount of intense resentment and controversy.  That certainly has influenced us.    

Thank you for the information and warnings.  Hyde certainly does seem to be a very sick environment.

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
    • http://www.garyeskow.com
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 03:04:37 PM »
I'm a former Hyde parent and journalist.  The account of my time at Hyde, THE JEKYLL SIDE OF HYDE is on the ISAC site. I'd be happy to e mail it anyone interested.

I'm putting together a list of those who would like to be interviewed for an article I'm writing.  I can preserve anonymity if necessary, but would prefer comments to be on the record with attribution.

If you'd like to check out examples of my writing before contacting me you can visit my website.

GE
www.garyeskow.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hey mr. eskow...
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 01:38:39 AM »
Quote from: ""gary eskow""
I'm a former Hyde parent and journalist.  The account of my time at Hyde, THE JEKYLL SIDE OF HYDE is on the ISAC site. I'd be happy to e mail it anyone interested.

I'm putting together a list of those who would like to be interviewed for an article I'm writing.  I can preserve anonymity if necessary, but would prefer comments to be on the record with attribution.

If you'd like to check out examples of my writing before contacting me you can visit my website.

GE
www.garyeskow.com

hey mr. eskow. your son was a lieing fake senior who was a sad little boy that i caught beating off to porn too many times on 4 east. he kept a thing of lotion next to his bed and was one of the grimiest people i knew in my time at hyde. your son is a liar. and i hope you give an objective view of hyde, not just a biased one because your son got kicked out. yea, i was there. your son was a joke.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hey mr. eskow...
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 01:39:10 AM »

GE
www.garyeskow.com

hey mr. eskow. your son was a lieing fake senior who was a sad little boy that i caught beating off to porn too many times on 4 east. he kept a thing of lotion next to his bed and was one of the grimiest people i knew in my time at hyde. your son is a liar. and i hope you give an objective view of hyde, not just a biased one because your son got kicked out. yea, i was there. your son was a joke.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: hey mr. eskow...
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 02:41:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

GE
www.garyeskow.com

Hmmm... I've heard that it's actually a recommended activity for staving off prostrate cancer.  Seems to me the young lad is wise beyond his years.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: hey mr. eskow...
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 07:04:41 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

GE
www.garyeskow.com

Holy Jupmin Judus.  What were you the masterbation proctor?  How many time a week do you jerk off?  Is some one spying on you while you do it.

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
    • http://www.garyeskow.com
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »

---
It seems clear that you were trying to wound me.  Why?  Have you been taught that questioning people with power is wrong?  As to the material facts, let's take a look at your post.

1.  My son is over 6'2" tall- hardly a "little boy."
2.  I routinely sigh over his lack of concern for the way his room looks, but our son is fastidious with his personal grooming- particularly when there are young ladies present, as there are at Hyde!
3.  Accidentally discovering a roommate- were you his roommate, or did you enter the closed rooms of other students unannounced, and if so, for what purpose?- in the act of self satisfaction is embarrassing to both parties, I would presume.  Why would you put yourself in the position to have this moment repeated?   How do you feel about sex, and would such a discovery bring you pleasure? If so, don't be ashamed of yourself.
4. You "hope" I gave an objective view of Hyde.  How silly of you to even address the topic if you haven't read my paper!

I'm sure you have a lot to offer.  Keep working!  If your goal was to discredit the work I'm doing, however, you've missed the mark.