Author Topic: From One Cult To Another...  (Read 31466 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
From One Cult To Another...
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 07:42:40 PM »
Was Hyde aware that Paul and Vanda are involved in this cult?  Hyde just gave Vanda a Diploma this year.  Is Hyde endorsing this cult?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 08:28:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Was Hyde aware that Paul and Vanda are involved in this cult?  Hyde just gave Vanda a Diploma this year.  Is Hyde endorsing this cult?

I'm not sure.  Perhaps they consider it relatively harmless, perhaps they no longer consider it their concern.  From what I have been able to find out, Paul has been involved in it for at least 6 or 7 years, quite probably longer.  Vanda I am not sure of, I am guessing less time, but I could be out in left field.  It's my impression that Paul does tend to go back to Hyde for at least the major reunions, so I imagine he has talked to some former classmates about it.  Any of you out there to lend more insight or confirmation?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 12:48:07 AM »
From an essay about an anti-war demonstration appearing on Vanda's website; color emphasis my adddition...
http://www.vanda.us/
I joined in a morning camp orientation.  I introduced myself and got a big welcome.  I told the circle of 30 or so newcomers I represented a whole bunch of amazing folks from the Pacific Northwest...
Is this supposed to mean the Ramtha community?
I remembered sitting in a restaurant in Fremont with my friend Anurag who leads transformational courses.  "You can't stop war any more than you could have stopped fire.  People stopped using fire when electricity came along.  People stopped using vinyl records when CD's came along,  The new technology renders war obsolete."  To Anurag, The work done at Landmark Education is that technology.  I agree with him.
So Landmark Education is supposed to end all war?
And again later:
That night I slept on a really comfortable air mattress in Pallas's tent.  Pallas had done a lot of work "creating possibilities" at Landmark Education, like me, so there was instant rapport.  She created the possibility of being dazzling with her appearance and I created the possibility of being carefree in my work before we went to bed...
Very sad, very depressing... Well, someone else brought up the similarity between Amway and the family seminars on another thread, and Amway and Landmark share many similarities...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 01:44:27 AM »
More from the same essay from http://www.vanda.us/
I found myself sobbing, not just crying, but sobbing.  I could let it rip here.  I hadn't been in touch with that sheer pain inside me about the state of our civilization, when such a brainwashing occurs that can break the strongest human bond that exists, between a mother and her child.  And for what cause?  So that the administration and it's corporate bedfellows can perpetrate themselves.  So that Halliburton and Bechtel can get even wealthier.

It's really an experience to have a video camera in your face when you're crying.  I uttered a few words to the woman behind the camera:  "These are our babies; women, wake up!  No More War!  These are our babies!"  I sobbed.  SHE started crying.

Later she told me how moving that was for her and that she is producing a documentary about the vigil.  We had shared an intense moment and I felt an affinity with her.  I joked as I signed the release form:  "I'm an actress and I can turn it on and off whenever I want for the camera."  I was sorta fishing to see if her sense of humor stretched that far.  It didn't.

Sorry, but my sense of humor doesn't stretch that far either.  Maybe it is because I have witnessed and experienced and have felt very much betrayed by that same faucet being turned on and off.  To sob on my shoulder saying one thing, and to then go around and publicly state the opposite... I guess not much has changed.

If you read the rest of the essay (5p long, PDF download), it is filled with glib and oh-so-smart denunciations of middle America mainstream Texas culture.  I suppose on some level one could find it funny, but doesn't she have anything more relevant or substantial to focus on?  Maybe I'm just not hip enough, or cool enough, to be sufficiently amused.

I dunno, maybe it is here that I should be older and wiser.  Maybe I should find it in my heart to forgive and forget.  After all, she is a victim, too...  But I can't help but think that this is one cold cold chick here...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 02:50:02 AM »
Ursus revertitur ad vomitum suum.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 03:59:26 AM »
Sicut avis ad alia transvolans et passer quolibet vadens sic maledictum frustra prolatum in quempiam superveniet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 04:19:55 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Sicut avis ad alia transvolans et passer quolibet vadens sic maledictum frustra prolatum in quempiam superveniet.

Proverbs 26:2 (Internet check). Don't see the relevance of the quotation. But those were interesting times, when a word (verbum) was a thing (res). In the beginning was the Word. A curse was a thing to be feared. Sorry to digress.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 06:04:31 AM »
From an essay about an anti-war demonstration appearing on Vanda's website; color emphasis my adddition...
http://www.vanda.us/
I joined in a morning camp orientation.  I introduced myself and got a big welcome.  I told the circle of 30 or so newcomers I represented a whole bunch of amazing folks from the Pacific Northwest...
Is this supposed to mean the Ramtha community?
I remembered sitting in a restaurant in Fremont with my friend Anurag who leads transformational courses.  "You can't stop war any more than you could have stopped fire.  People stopped using fire when electricity came along.  People stopped using vinyl records when CD's came along,  The new technology renders war obsolete."  To Anurag, The work done at Landmark Education is that technology.  I agree with him.
So Landmark Education is supposed to end all war?
And again later:
That night I slept on a really comfortable air mattress in Pallas's tent.  Pallas had done a lot of work "creating possibilities" at Landmark Education, like me, so there was instant rapport.  She created the possibility of being dazzling with her appearance and I created the possibility of being carefree in my work before we went to bed...
Very sad, very depressing... Well, someone else brought up the similarity between Amway and the family seminars on another thread, and Amway and Landmark share many similarities...

Am I correct that this woman Vanda is a former student at Hyde and recently received her "diploma" there?  If so, this goes to show you how messed up Hyde is.  What is the criteria for getting a Hyde Diploma?  It certainly is not having character, morals and values.

The more I read the more I realize how f--ked up Hyde is.  I cannot understand how any legitimate Educational Consultant could recommend this Cult to any parent!  This site has proved to me that Hyde has been flawed since the beginning and although certain things have changed, (no more dog collars) the basis is the same!  I think it is great that the word is getting out and I encourage all of you to talk to Gary Eskow who instead of just coming on this board and venting, (nothing wrong with that) is doing something more to change the abuses applied at boarding schools like Hyde.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 06:19:17 AM »
Am I correct that this woman Vanda is a former student at Hyde and recently received her "diploma" there?  If so, this goes to show you how messed up Hyde is.  What is the criteria for getting a Hyde Diploma?  It certainly is not having character, morals and values.

The criteria for receiving a Hyde diploma are:

1) You must crave Hyde's approval, even, as in Vanda's case, thirty years later.

2) You must allow Hyde to exploit the event for promotional purposes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 07:58:23 AM »
Ursus revertitur ad vomitum suum.

Damn! Latin scholars on board.  Ursus is a bear not a dog.  Bears do eat thier vomit in the fall getting ready for hybernation.

Vanda really worked the crowd well when she got her diploma.  She really is a real actor.   But this should not devolve into a discussion of personalities.  

The statement that:

1) you must crave Hyde's approval
2) you mast submit to being a PR whore

is true,  but they do a sniff test before they will give you the vellum.  I know one guy, whom I will not name, who really wanted one but was refused.  Might have something to do with the fact that he was at an hyde event and was offering to share his percocets.  So I am wondering.  Did Vanda pass the sniff test?  Or did hyde not know.   I have a hard time seeing involvment in the Ramtha scene as character indicatator.  People have a need to believe, even if that belief is that there is nothing to believe.  And belief is powerful. I have seen it work in my life.  IMHO Ramtha has a slight fishy odor not unlike the Peoples Temple. Funny, when you are middle aged you can really groove to musak.  I knew the earth had shifted the day I was tapping my foot in the cereal aisle of Star Market to Jimi Hendrix  "stone free to do what I please"  As long as I get my oat bran.   I was putting on my ski boots and the GD song "Estimated Prophet" came on over the lodge musak.  That was the same day that this stuff about Ramtha appeared on this thread.  Those of you that did not worship in the cult of Jerry may not be familiar with that song.  here is a link: http://arts.ucsc.edu/Gdead/AGDL/estimate.html  I subscribe to the Jugnian notion of interconnection. The collective was giving me clues on what to make of it.
So was If God is you why do you need a housewife guru to channel a caveman shaman? Given a choice I would rather hang with the percocet guy.  At least it is clear where he is coming from.  

"My time comming voices say  ......"

BTW Sid was excommunicated in the spring of 1976.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 08:03:56 AM »
http://arts.ucsc.edu/Gdead/AGDL/estimate.html  was written the same year Knight first channeled.  cooincident?  meaningful?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 09:10:16 AM »
The full quote, which the troll did not leave, as it would not have made much sense, is Proverbs 26:11:  'Sicut canis qui revertitur ad vomitum suum sic inprudens qui iterat stultitiam suam'.  Translation:  As a dog that returneth to his vomit, so is the fool that repeateth his folly.

My reply, 'Sicut avis ad alia transvolans et passer quolibet vadens sic maledictum frustra prolatum in quempiam superveniet', came from Proverbs 26:2, and translates to:  As a bird flying to other places, and a sparrow going here or there: so a curse uttered without cause shall come upon a man.  Meaning... a curse uttered without cause shall do no harm to the person that is cursed, but will return upon him that curseth, as whithersoever a bird flies, it returns to its own nest.

Thanks to all who noticed.   :lol:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 09:20:44 AM »
Given a choice I would rather hang with the percocet guy. At least it is clear where he is coming from.

Yes, certainly a hell of a lot more honest, and a hell of a lot less complicated...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 11:32:04 AM »
Given a choice I would rather hang with the percocet guy. At least it is clear where he is coming from.
Yes, certainly a hell of a lot more honest, and a hell of a lot less complicated...

Hey you guys, lets step up to the plate.  Let's try to make a difference by contacting Gary Eskow and letting him tell some or part of our stories in an anonymous way for the paper he wants to write.  He has more courage than any of us and for that reason I feel it is my duty as a human being to help bring the truth to light..

We all need to have some of Gary's courage rather than hiding anonymously on this board.  Let's get out of our comfort zone and make a difference in this world for the sake of other kids and families who might make a mistake by sending their kids to Hyde

I have spoken to Gary and am trying to get him old Hyde papers in order to help him write his story.  He needs more people to contact him.  What do you have to lose?  I find him to be a professional in everyway and to respect my wishes and privacy. My name is not going to be associated with the story although Hyde will figure out who it is, but who cares?  We are all in the same boat. No one wants the public to google Hyde and have our name come up. This will not happen with the way Gary is writing the story. Hyde are a bunch of cowards and I don't want to go through life being a coward also when I could have made a difference.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »
The full quote, which the troll did not leave, as it would not have made much sense, is Proverbs 26:11:  'Sicut canis qui revertitur ad vomitum suum sic inprudens qui iterat stultitiam suam'.  Translation:  As a dog that returneth to his vomit, so is the fool that repeateth his folly.

My reply, 'Sicut avis ad alia transvolans et passer quolibet vadens sic maledictum frustra prolatum in quempiam superveniet', came from Proverbs 26:2, and translates to:  As a bird flying to other places, and a sparrow going here or there: so a curse uttered without cause shall come upon a man.  Meaning... a curse uttered You are on record as saying that you've been out of the loop for thirty years trying to work out the trauma Hyde inflicted on you. without cause shall do no harm to the person that is cursed, but will return upon him that curseth, as whithersoever a bird flies, it returns to its own nest.

Thanks to all who noticed.   :lol:

Ursus,

What my adapted Proverb 26:11 means is that you returning to an unpleasant event that occurred over thirty years ago between you and Vanda seems to me like "a dog (in this case bear) returning to its vomit." It's high time that that unpleasant event were out of your system. Moreover, your allegation that she is a false friend is none of our concern. It does not pertain to cults. It is unmistakably personal vendetta.

I've reached an age where I have begun researching my past. The Internet makes that possible. I am glad that I discovered this site and had the opportunity to analyze what are arguably the two strangest years of my life. On the other hand, while I am not discounting the painful experiences of others, I do not feel that my experience left any lasting damage. So when you, Ursus, go on record as saying that you are STILL recovering from your Hyde experience, I am bowled over. What could possibly have been so bad? At first, I admit, I thought that you were pathologically vulnerable. Now I'm beginning to wonder if you are not also pathologically vindictive. Forgive me for being so frank, but the explanation was in order.

I still don't understand the relevance of your proverb. Did you really think I was cursing you?

Mike