Author Topic: Dontcha just LLOOOVVE est?  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dontcha just LLOOOVVE est?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
It is currently necessary to use quantum mechanics to understand the behavior of systems at atomic length scales and smaller. For example, if Newtonian mechanics governed the workings of an atom, electrons would rapidly travel towards and collide with the nucleus. However, in the natural world the electrons normally remain in an unknown orbital path around the nucleus, defying classical electromagnetism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics

IIRC the chain of logic went something like this:

We think of cause and effect in Newtonian terms but Quantum physic tell us those models are incorrect.  Our learned presumptions of reality are based on a discredited model therefore WTF do we now about anything?  The uncertainty principle is used to show that the observation of events effects them. They pet Schroedinger's cat and further assert that the mind is a chemical process and "wow man we could just be a though in God's mind or each atom in you hand could be a universe with solar systems and wow have you ever REALLY looked at your hand?  Hey pass that back to me I want another toke" So then it is obvious this woman is really an ancient shaman and if we just close our eyes and click our heels three times and say "there is no place like home" we will wake up in bed in Kansas and there will be world peace no hunger or war, peace will guide the planets and love will steer the starts.

Some one left the cake out in the rain .... but that is another song.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 08:08:41 AM »
The sweet green icing was flowing down on my keyboard.  That line should be "love will steer the stars

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 08:12:29 AM »
I'm starting to see stars.
Are we still in the Age of Aquarius?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 08:24:35 AM »
Up up and away in my beautiful my, my beautiful balloooooon.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »
According to Physics Today Online, the film invokes quantum physics to promote pseudoscience.[15] The article also states "the movie illustrates the uncertainty principle with a bouncing basketball being in several places at once. There's nothing wrong with that. It's recognized as pedagogical exaggeration. But the movie gradually moves to quantum "insights" that lead a woman to toss away her antidepressant medication, to the quantum channeling of Ramtha, the 35,000-year-old Atlantis god, and on to even greater nonsense."

John Gorenfeld reports that three directors are devotees of Ramtha's School of Enlightenment and JZ Knight/Ramtha.[16]

The Guardian Unlimited published an article summarizing the reactions to the film by some British scientists. Richard Dawkins states that "the authors seem undecided whether their theme is quantum theory or consciousness. Both are indeed mysterious, and their genuine mystery needs none of the hype with which this film relentlessly and noisily belabours us", concluding that the film is "tosh". Professor Clive Greated writes that "thinking on neurology and addiction are covered in some detail but, unfortunately, early references in the film to quantum physics are not followed through, leading to a confused message". He also questions whether modern physics cannot be married with institutional religion as the film implies. Simon Singh called it pseudoscience, and said the suggestion "that if observing water changes its molecular structure, and if we are 90% water, then by observing ourselves we can change at a fundamental level via the laws of quantum physics" was "ridiculous balderdash." According to Dr Joao Migueijo, reader in theoretical physics at Imperial College, the film deliberately misquotes science. [17]

An article published by Australian Broadcasting Corporation reports that Associate Professor Zdenka Kuncik, Professor Peter Schofield and Professor Max Colthear have criticised the film's ideas that quantum mechanics means an observer can consciously affect reality, saying: "The observer effect of quantum physics isn't about people or reality. It comes from the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, and it's about the limitations of trying to measure the position and momentum of subatomic particles". They also maintain that quantum effects have little influence on everyday objects like stones, and only apply to sub-atomic particles[18]. The article also discusses Hagelin's experiment with Transcendental Meditation and the Washington D.C rate of violent crime; they note that "the number of murders actually went up". They also comment on the film's use of the ten percent myth.

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation and the Fortean times have both discussed the story of the Native American's "perceptual blindness" to European ships. Both agree that there is a real psychological phenomenon of perceptual blindness, but find the historical details of the account given in the film to be unconvincing. The Fortean Times concludes that the story originated with Captain Cook. [19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_B ... e_Know!%3F

....  and it took so long to bake it!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 06:30:52 PM »
Sirs and Others

I deeply resent my song MacArthur Park being used as an example of something that makes no sense.  It is a collage of images not a  hodge podge of illogical jumps try to make a statement on the subjective nature of reality.

Spring was never waiting for us, girl, it ran one step ahead as we followed in the dance,

Between the parted pages that were pressed,

A love hot fevered like a striped pair of pants,

MacArthur Park is melting in the dark, all the sweet, green icing flowing down.

Someone left the cake out in the rain,

I don't think I could take it, `cause it took so long to bake it,

And I'll never have that recipe again, oh no!

I still see the yellow cotton dress foaming like a wave upon the ground.

Around your knees, and the birds like tender babies in your hands,

And the old men playing checkers by the trees.

There will be another song for me, for I will sing it.

There would be another dream for me, someone will bring it.

Oh, I will drink the wine while it is warm,

And never let you catch me looking at the sun.

But after all the loves of my life, after all the loves, you'll still be the one.

I would take my life into my hands and I will use it,

I will win the worship in their eyes, and I will lose it.

I will have all the things that I desire, and my passions flow like rivers in the sky,

And after the loves of my life, after all the loves of my life,

You'll still gonna be the one.

MacArthur Park is melting in the dark, all the sweet, green icing flowing down,

Someone left the cake out in the rain,

I don't think I can take it, cause it took so long to bake it,

And I'll never have that recipe again, oh no, oh no!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 01:29:25 AM »
Okay, I found another version of that review by Paul... I was going to just update the previous entry with the new link, as this one gives us some time reference points, but then I noticed that this review is not exactly the same.  He's expanded some points, and taken others away (gone are the references to his family, as well as his empathy towards J.Z. Knight) and he goes a little deeper into some of his personal commitment to this path. Along similar veins, see career description at the very end.  And... he even briefly mentions the effect of est on the educational sphere, ha haa!

Note the time reference:  August 2006.  So he's actually been in London for -- at the very least -- well over a year.  This seems to not comport with the news a couple of months ago that he was "fired" by J.Z.  Perhaps he was working for both simultaneously for a while?  Lynne McTaggart used to be a frequent contributor to the Bleeping Herald, and is now apparently a bonafide regular columnist, who has something to pontificate about each and every issue.

So here 'tis!  From the August 2006 issue of the Bleeping Herald (Vol.2, issue #5):

In case you want to do a point by point comparison, the previous (-ly posted) version can be linked HERE.

====================================
[/url]
Documentary review by Pavel Mikoloski

Whatever happened to Werner Erhard?

In the 80's it was hard to avoid knowing about him. People attended his Erhard Seminars Training, known as "est," in legion in all of the major cities. It sometimes felt to people like me, living in New York City at the time, that these people were hard to get rid of – that they were hell-bent on recruitment and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Even those of us who were interested in transformation found it hard to avoid the "newly empowered." There was even a disparaging name for them. They were called "est-holes."

In her new documentary, Transformation: The Life & Legacy of Werner Erhard, which premiered in April at the Palm Beach International Film Festival, Producer/Director Robyn Symon does a wonderful job separating the myth from the man. A former staff Producer with PBS and a two time Emmy winner, Symon brings us up to date on this past cultural icon, now all but forgotten.

I was pleased to see that Symon does not shy away from the controversies which swirled around this man, and which resulted in his walking away from est and going underground in 1991. At the same time she also manages to honor the work of one of the key figures in the Human Potential Movement. Anyone who has an interest in the power of the mind and in personal transformation would do well to see this film, as it presents an unbiased look at a volatile and creative period in American Pop Cultural History, and elucidates the reasons for this innovative leader's departure from the American scene.

In the 70's and 80's Werner Erhard, pioneer of the multi-billion dollar personal growth industry was known for his boot-camp approach to "waking people up," getting them "off their bullshit," and into finding their true selves. In his seminars he raised his voice, confronted the myriads of people who were invested in their "stories," and produced change – change in the lives of the participants, change in relationships with their families, and change in businesses, corporations, and the educational sphere.

The documentary does no real examination of where he gained his knowledge (It is mentioned he had taken some courses in Scientology, and there are oblique references to the German philosopher, Heidegger and eastern mysticism) for the purpose of this film is not an exploration of the ideas which found their way into his courses, and later, into the American vernacular. Instead it is a look at the man himself, with all of his charisma and his blemishes, as well as the reasons he left the US in 1991.

A great deal of the film footage is from the est era - a time warp that brings you right back to the counter culture in its heyday, with its styles of dress and hairdos.

There is rare footage of actual est seminars, which at the time were controversial, and now seem somewhat quaint to those of us who have done so many transformational courses over the years.

In those days, Werner was characterized as a brash, always "on task" confident leader, with piercing blue eyes that caught you like a laser, and smooth skin that made him appear unflawed, knowing, and somewhat robotical in demeanor. It was impossible to find the humanity beneath the smooth glassy surface. That he was super-successful as a businessman was often noted with distrust in the press, and once the major media opened fire on him, he was an easy target for parody.

Symon chronicles his undoing, which centered around a 60 Minutes expose in which his character was pretty much relegated to the media catchall dustbin of another charismatic "Cult Leader." The connection is drawn from his early Church of Scientology connections and proceeds to the all-out attack by that organization upon the man who had changed his real name and left his family - even as his trainings espoused personal responsibility and integrity. I would love to have seen more on the trouble with the Church of Scientology and their attack on Erhard, as well as the real reasons for it, but, as neither Symon nor Erhard name names, that may be another story completely,

Symon interviews Erhard's family members, his peers, est seminar participants and some experts and fills in details most do not know. Much is revealed about this man's character, and we see that perhaps he had not ultimately strayed so far from his own philosophy after all. Her interviews with Erhard, now 70 years old, are his first since leaving the US 15 years ago just before the 60 Minutes expose. With a face that still looks younger than his years of pain - and its partner wisdom - have accrued, Erhard's reveals he is still involved with his passion for transformation on this planet; still involved in work which he continues to do under the radar of the media, which he distrusts. We see him working with people on both sides of the Irish Catholic and Protestant conflict in Northern Ireland, as well as the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Could this man have just possibly made his life about ensuring the ever-elusive dream of World Peace?

In the end, Symon's film left me wanting to know more about his personal relationships. There is no mention of anyone close to him in whatever country he now calls home, and he comes off a bit like a wandering monk, albeit an updated well-dressed and professional-looking one. Due to his past experiences, he probably wants to protect anyone close to him from the media glare. Yet it makes him seem like the proverbial island that no man ever really is.

This first documentary representation of Erhard's work is a crucial step in re-examining the work of an important pioneer. Thought of as a fad of the 70s & 80's, his work has emanated throughout much of western culture, into places as mainstream as Harvard Business School, and is still very much in the mainstream. Just the other night, I saw a comedy with Queen Latifah, where an est-origin buzz-word was used about "creating possibility."

That the filmmaking brothers Wachowski, responsible for the Matrix trilogy, were Landmark Graduates (the post-est incarnation of the company he left to his employees in 1991) has been well-documented. For myself, also a Landmark Graduate, I have gained greatly from this approach to personal transformation.

For me, Landmark was the impetus for developing a career where I could take all I knew in 20 years of metaphysical work and make it active in the world.

So Werner, wherever you are, my hat is off to you - and Symon, the same to you for bringing greater clarity to the public impression of a man who has made an indelible mark and lasting social legacy of personal and thereby social transformation.

For more about Transformation: The Life & Legacy of Werner Erhard go to: www.transformationfilm.com; to learn more about Landmark Education go to: http://www.landmarkeducation.com/

Pavel Mikoloski is the former marketing manager for What the BLEEP Do We Know!? and is currently working in London, England with Lynne McTaggart (author of The Field) as her marketing director.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 03:10:27 PM »
"There's a sucker born every minute...! You just happened to be comin' along at the right time!" -- Tom Waits.[/list]Est has training centers all over the United States in most major cities, and the organization even maintains one overseas for those foreigners who crave an injection of fast-food therapy. Since its inception in 1971, est has produced nearly 250,000 graduates, most of whom regularly extol the virtues of self-enlightenment. Est does not advertise. The organization instead relies on its graduates to proselytize the virtues of the four-day, two-weekend training by word-of-mouth. Est has been aided in this venture by numerous celebrities, including the likes of Valerie Harper and John Denver, who believe that the program has changed their lives.

Erhard claims that the success of the training has not made him or the est organization particularly wealthy, though its financial status belies this. Est operates under tax-exempt laws, as a group based in the British Isles, and charges $350 for its 50 to 70 hour indoctrination. Since the organization trains approximately 250 people during each session, est stands to pocket $87,500 each time it opens its rented hotel doors. Certainly, Erhard is not a poor man.

There is reason to believe, according to several people who have infiltrated the est organization in California, that Erhard rules his self-help group like a dictator. Controls are placed on all those foolish enough to surround him as he acts the parental disciplinarian to his multitudes. Those at the heart of the est corps are required to turn in "Notes to Werner" at specified times during the week, outlining exactly what they have done recently. If anyone in the crew (on-call 24 hours a day) decides he does not want to be disturbed, he must pay a $5.00 fine. Esties are also charged $100.00 every time they work more than six days a week for Werner, something the organization claims is a major problem.

No mere propagandist could command such loyalty with simple celluloid and projector. Somehow, there is wizardry in the air.
    "The training is a precisely articulated series of manipulations carefully designed to produce the desired effects. One of the effects is dependency, a dependency that approaches infantilization. The trainer tells you when to talk, when to eat, when to drink, when to applaud, when to sit and when to stand.

The authoritarianism of the training is a beginners course in the totalitarianism you will be subject to if you join the est organization. According to [Jesse] Kornbluth [New Times, March 1976], staff members report their sexual activities to Erhard as though he were an investigator from the Board of Health, trying to limit the spread of VD."
    -- Dr. Sheridan Fenwick, psychologist, Getting It: The Psychology of est, 1976.[/list]The major objection raised by those who have found the training offensive is that the organization relies so heavily on coercion. Trainees are gathered into groups of 250 so that the West Coast voodoo may work its "magic" -- it is harder to object to curious goings-on in a crowded hall, harder yet to escape the pressure of the euphoric cooperation of some of the more enthusiastic. Trainers urge conformity by roundly praising the toothy exuberance of the most obviously happy.

Other objections are raised by those concerned with est's quasi-psychological leanings. Though the organization claims it does not incorporate psychological techniques into each four-day session, there is reason to suspect those in the upper echelon may not be telling the entire truth. Since the goal of the training is to "change" or "transform," as stated in the est Credo, and in so doing to jog the trainee through the gamut of emotion, insisting that est is not psychotherapy is like following Columbus on a flat tour of the world. You may want to believe that the seas will tumble off the edge, but it simply isn't true.

Est has been repeatedly sued by graduates claiming that their psyche has been threatened, that harmony has been irreverently and irrevocably damaged by the mind-control methods employed in the training. Still the est wizards wield the sometimes awesome power of the amateur psychologist, emerging as veritable witch-doctors of mental hygiene.
      "An estie asked me, 'What is standing between you and the training?' Common sense, I though to myself as I ran, completely turned off, for the nearest exit." -- B.H. Krispien, Penthouse Magazine, September 1976.[/list]I began est training on August 30, at Thomas Circle's International Inn. Common sense had not kept me away, though after spending 13 hours with the positive-thinking set, I wished that it had.

I arrived at the Inn at 9:15, nearly 45 minutes after the training was scheduled to begin, expecting bleary-eyed paper pushers to abuse me with punctual est dogma or yawning annoyance. I did not expect the fierce welcome with which I was greeted.

Before being admitted to the training room, a spartan lecture hall of straight-backed chairs and fluorescent chandeliers, all trainees are required to complete the est training questionnaire. Trainees are asked about their physical and psychological health, though a disclaimer at the top of the form proclaims that est is not psychotherapy.

"We just want to make sure that everyone in therapy has alerted their therapist that they're doing est," explained one of the trainers. Closer to the truth, perhaps, is the fact that the est organization wishes to weed out those participants considered even mildly unstable. The best way to beat lawsuits is to avoid them.

Est training rooms are strange things. Guarded by potential est thugs on either side, tardy trainees are admitted only after a note announcing their delayed arrival has been passed through the space between two closed doors. Even then, admission is only guaranteed after a lengthy interrogation, during which the guilty party must renounce his mistaken ways - trainees are required to "acknowledge the fact that you are late," "recreate the agreement to be on time," and promise not to yawn while being spoken to.

The lucky trainee will compromise his position, agreeing to anything the thin-lipped trainer may suggest; the unlucky fellow will engage the trainer in a philosophical discussion, from which honorable extraction is difficult if not downright impossible. Remember: the trainee cannot possibly win. Winning is guaranteed only to those who have graduated from est.
        "... questionable financial arrangement, 15 page security memos, the hiring of private detectives to 'interview' people who've talked with reporters. An internal memo from a staff member to the president of the est psychologists and psychiatrists who have been publicly critical of est ... It may well be satisfaction and aliveness that such activities are intended to serve; it clearly is not candor or freedom." -- Dr. Sheridan Fenwick.[/list]Freedom is the least of est's concerns. Before the actual training can begin, trainees must pledge to uphold a series of "groundrules," limitations imposed by the trainers to ensure that the training "works." Trainees are instructed to avoid drugs not prescribed by a physician (including alcohol); transcendental meditation or other forms of "consciousness altering;" busywork, note-taking, smoking or eating inside the training room; tardiness; or snacking during bathroom breaks. All trainees must agree to eat only during the assigned meal break, which usually occurs close to midnight, and to urinate only during assigned bathroom breaks, of which there are few.

During my training, the rules were read by a neo-Victorian, gravely-voiced woman named Jane, who scurried back and forth across the wooden stage like a caged animal. Impressive as she was in her domination - she seemed to get an almost orgasmic thrill confronting an annoyed male trainee - she was most impressive when she hurled insults at the stunned crowd. "YOU'RE ALL ASSHOLES!" she screamed. "YOUR LIVES DON'T WORK! YOUR LIVES ARE SHIT!!!!!"

The first two hours of the training were composed of similar insults, as the trainers, Jane and an olive-skinned balding fellow named Dave, attempted to bully the audience into submission. Confused trainees questioning the validity of the groundrules were informed that the reason they didn't understand was because they were assholes - and would in fact be assholes until the training was completed. "The rules are not rational," intoned Dave. "They do not make sense! But you still have to follow them..." Those refusing to follow the rules were asked to leave - one fellow, a reporter who objected to the no note-taking rule, did actually leave, but was talked back into the room by swarming est volunteers. There was never any mention of refunds.

The next several hours were spent discussing the trainees' role in est. Jane and Dave, both wearing cumbersome remote microphones, scuttled like cockroaches through the crowd as they took turns delineating the difference between "Knowing" and "Not Knowing."

"What you must do to fully experience est," said Jane, "is to know that you don't know anything! Only then will you be able to throw away your belief systems and start to experience life!"

One of Erhard's major contentions is that we fail to enjoy life because we don't actually experience it, that our belief get in the way of our happiness. The trainers use the metaphor of a silver box, in which we treasure our most exciting sexual adventure. Every time we have another experience, we hold out the one in the box to see if it was as good.

Est also contends that we "fail to experience people." Jane and Dave both agreed that we were all assholes because we "merely jam people into your belief systems, and don't experience them!"

The basic problem with this sort of "I'm o.k. you're o.k." West Coast mentality is that it is itself a belief system. It is the same kind of paradoxical mumbo-jumbo that at one time caused Erhard to exclaim, "boredom is a very high state."
          "Obviously this - the yelling, the insults, the temperature changes and the crowding - was designed to get us to a point of sheer vexation; it was like a brainwashing technique in which the victim is rendered so exhausted, frustrated and helpless that he is ready to embrace any ideology, heresy or commercial whatever." -- B.H. Krispien.[/list]Perhaps the other participants were more vexing than the training itself. Predominantly young, white and Jewish, the most offensive trainees were the ones too eager to please - those who tattled on their neighbors for talking, chewing gum or wearing watches, all verboten by the est hierarchy.

The most determined brown nosing of the day occurred during a process called "sharing." Willing trainees were asked to relate any experience relevant to the est training, though often the sharing involved nothing more than mere braggadocio. Talkative trainees giggled trite tales of colloquial stupidity as they told of the niggling activities of their lives. All tales were met with the same exuberant applause, as the trainers urged us to "acknowledge" the courage of fellow trainees.

Jane explained that there were three people we had to experience on the rocky road to enlightenment: the person we pretended to be; the person we feared we were; and the person we really were. The first persona was discarded during sharing, as mustacioed gentlemen were cowed into weak-kneed submission by a vociferous Jane. Persona number two was to be explored on the following night. And we were not to discover our true identity, tucked somewhere safely between yesterday's cherry pie and last week's faux pas, until night four, when the moon would be full and werewolves would circle around a ring of fire.
            "A few minutes into the process I began to hear moans and whimpering on all sides of me, then crying, laughing, screaming, shrieking and sounds of people puking their guts out. It is very surreal, very frightening, like suddenly finding yourself in the middle of an insane asylum." -- Dan Greenburg.

"I felt I was the only normal in the place. I sat up and saw hundreds of people writhing and flailing the air. I was in a snake pit and I wanted out... Suddenly, a man shouted from across the room, 'Somebody get these fucking nuts off my beach!'" -- B.H. Krispien.[/list]We began the trip into the depths of our psyche after the evening bathroom break. The first journey lasted but 20 minutes, the latter one nearly an hour and a half, as we mentally explored first one part of our body, than another, in a perverse ritual designed to get us "in touch" with our feelings.

The first journey was fairly innocuous, a far cry from the preposterous canterings of earlier hours. We were required to sit straight up in our chairs, hands flat on our knees and eyes closed. Jane, both dominatrix and conductress, guided us on our mental voyage with the skill of a stewardess, helping many of the befuddled trainees through their psychological turbulence with her kind words.

"TAKE OFF THE SUPPRESS BUTTON," she yelled, "DON'T BE ASSHOLES! LET YOUR EMOTIONS GO!!!!! EXPERIENCE WHAT'S HAPPENING!" A furtive glance around the room proved that several of us, annoyed, and dreadfully hungry, would have liked a shotgun to help us "experience" our festering anger.

The psychological journey, called a "process" in est lingo, began at our feet. "Experience a point in your ankle," growled Jane. "Thaaaank you. Now experience another point in your ankle. Thaaaaank you."

This continued until we had reached our waist, at which time we began our descent. A few muffled sobs or an occasional nervous cough were heard during the process, as people dredged up forgotten emotions or incidents from the past, but the lunatics had yet to emerge.

It was during the second process, a lengthier version of process one, that insanity rose to the surface. As Jane guided us on another voyage from ankle to calf, to thigh, to waist, people began to weep uncontrollably, sobbing like banshees or homeless buzzards. An occasional maniacal laugh punctuated the oppression but could not break through the misery hanging like a shroud over the rented room.

As the process continued, framed by an embryonic tape of a California surf, est flunkies distributed air-sickness bags to those whose guild came forcefully bubbling to the surface. Suddenly, the room reverberated with the sounds of hysteria, as we sprinted through the world of neglected emotion. I glanced cautiously at the wailing women behind me, certain that I was to be covered with whatever did not reach the vomit bags.

The denouement came as abruptly as the cries had begun. Those it was a unique request, one laced with subtle hints of infantile eroticization, there was precious little time for mental preparation when Jane asked us to "experience a point in your rectum." Setting my sights on the tightly guarded exit, I overruled even the slightest compliance and impatiently awaited the dinner break. After Dave had mounted the stage to run down the list of fast food enterprises located near Thomas Circle, an urban industrial center renowned for its other hit-and-run entrepreneurial ventures, I pocketed my name tag and ducked through the crowd of therapeutic junkies.

I did not return.

The next day, I was awakened by an est volunteer, who demanded to know why I had resigned from the training. Informing her that est was run by neo-Nazis, fascists and perverse oddballs, I became involved in a lengthy discussion of est's merits, which terminated only after she became noisily belligerent.

"You mean you left because of boredom?" she whined. "Do you find that when you're screwing someone, you just get up and leave?" No, I admitted, curiously pondering the queer correlation between est and sex. I have honestly never been that bored.
              "The more I envision the goose-stepping corps at the center of the est organization, the more virtue I see in anarchy. The last person who made the trains run on time participated in the creation of a nightmare. The only way to stop a nightmare is to wake up." -- Dr. Sheridan Fenwick.[/list]The est organization claims that those who have not completed the training - the assholes, the cowards or the mindless - shall remain voiceless, insignificant beings, content to try and drive through life's barriers rather than around them. If that is actually the case, then I shall remain secure in my role as an offensive driver, wheeling my Mack truck through the skinny entrances to businesses or bars. Psychotherapy will come in small doses, 12 ounces at a time, and mental masturbation will lead only to the discovery of tainted paltriness. If any of my friends wish to join hands with the est forces, I shall kill them, assured that death is the proper alternative to mellowness. And if Werner Erhard should ever cross my path, I will make no attempt to step on the brakes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
              « Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 06:24:32 AM »
              A love hot fevered like a striped pair of pants

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
              Re: Dontcha just LLOOOVVE est?
              « Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 08:38:51 PM »
              Family Weekend, anyone?:

During my training, the rules were read by a neo-Victorian, gravely-voiced woman named Jane, who scurried back and forth across the wooden stage like a caged animal. Impressive as she was in her domination - she seemed to get an almost orgasmic thrill confronting an annoyed male trainee - she was most impressive when she hurled insults at the stunned crowd. "YOU'RE ALL ASSHOLES!" she screamed. "YOUR LIVES DON'T WORK! YOUR LIVES ARE SHIT!!!!!"