Author Topic: CHILL THE FUCK OUT! CALL IN DAYS OR WHATEVER!  (Read 2452 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
CHILL THE FUCK OUT! CALL IN DAYS OR WHATEVER!
« on: April 07, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »
Hey Allen,  Sorry to hear about your recent visit.
I can understand the situation perfectly though.  This past Vernal Equinox was a doozy on my head as well.  For the last two weeks of March, all I wanted to do was sleep, and then BAM! all of the sudden I could no longer sleep at night.  I managed to sleep from 4pm to 9pm last night, and I have been up ever since, and I am on medication even.  I don't think about it anymore, I just go with it, like a salmon going upstream, or a bear coming out of hibernation.  One good thing about it all is this..........when you are really starting to tweak, it is almost always near high tide, so if you love to fish, you always know the best time to grab your pole and tacklebox!
take care, and I really enjoy your posts - Bob
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »
Man - I shouldn't have to keep defending myself. I DID NOT steal any papers. I didn't respond to that because it's ridiculous. Even now, I could explain, but I'm not going to. I have no papers that belong to those two. NONE. BTW - I OWN a photocopier. I have no papers, stole no papers. I am not a freaking thief. My life is full of getting in trouble from being TOO HONEST. It is ridiculous and INSANE to accuse me of such nonsense. In the same vein - I ALWAYS had to take Biology and the Sciences TWICE in college. I hate science. I have no knowledge of science. That said, I cannot manufacture drugs as I don't know about that stuff! Plus - I would lose my home! Only an idiot would do that and yet, people believed it! So there, that's it. That's all. That's the last time I'm freaking defending myself about these rumors. Give me a break! Just because a MEAN PERSON says bad things about someone - that DOES NOT make it true! This isn't group - so why does it FEEL like group?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 11:30:00 AM »
I'm sorry to read this. I've read some of your writing. It's deep. Too deep for meto pay due attention to right now. It's a little scary. And I'm sorry as hell to know that you probably won't be hanging around and writing more any time soon.

I hope you understand my position, though. As admin, I can't pick sides in any row. Ya' know? I can't go around deciding who to ban or what to delete because then it wouldn't be an open discussion. It would just be whatever I thought was good. Besides that, it would be about a full time job just trying to keep people from hacking around whatever barriers we might put up. And the whole thing would suck even more.

So I hope everyone understands that there's no threat or coercion behind my opinions for or against anyone. M-khay? Everyone clear on that? Ok. Cause I agree completely with Abush here. This is just exactly the sort of thing that I thought would happen if a bunch of Program people got together. Some of ya'll have become the dragon that you set out to slay.

I know that not everyone will join up with the angry mob. And I hope ya'll know that, just because some folks don't feel like saying something and getting reamed for it doesn't mean they agree with the angry mob.

And, btw, I don't think Leigh stole any papers. I think Leigh borrowed some papers, got busy with life and didn't get around to getting them back to the Dynamic Duo quickly enough to suit them. And I hope that ya'll will give her whatever help she needs to complete her book. I understand that Maia Szalavitz, author of this great article for Slate, is writing a book as well.  
http://cannabisnews.com/news/15/thread15129.shtml

There's an up side to all of this other than what friendships and emotional help people might find in these forums. More and more lately, we're getting requests from kids and concerned family members for documentation to show TOUGHLOVE inductees that they have put their kids in the wrong hands. I think that's the best way we've got to save some kids. And it doesn't require any organization or control or coercion of any kind. Just rampant talking out in group. :wink:

Guard with jealous attention the public Liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that Jewel. Unfortunately, Nothing will Preserve it but downright Force. Whenever you Give Up that Force, you are ruined.....The Great Object is that every man be armed.....Everyone who is able may have a gun.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1888952229/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>- Patrick Henry

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 11:33:00 AM »
Hello Leigh, I found out who you are and am no longer confused.  Sorry if I came off "cheeky"
with you.  I had mistaken you for someone else.
I think things will get a whole lot better from
here on out.  Ask the pickleman to show you the
latest sticker when you get a chance.  You have my support, and will laugh your ass off when you
see what I really thought was going on behind the scenes. (That's right folks, the 85 Day Jerk is being nice to Leigh, funny how learning the truth changes things is'nt it?)
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »
ISAC spoke with A. Bush today and asked him what if anything ISAC could have done to handle things better.

A.Bush did not realize that his orginal phone call was NOT handled by ISAC and that after ISAC did take the call that they handled it professionally and with deep care and concern for both him and his wife.

Abush has offered to help ISAC as he can , and his wife has also volunteered to help ISAC in their efforts. They were both very appreciative of ISAC calling them to discuss the situation.

Abush gave ISAC permission to clarify this situation on the boards and to clarify that ISAC was not the ones that did not return his call. All call into ISAC concerning him were promptly returned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 01:10:00 PM »
"I have been searching for a woman who is vain, one sided, opinionated, and who hides behind the shirt-tails of Jesus. I stood outside in the hot sun at Billy Sunshines tent revival and lawn mower swap meet all day Saturday, staring at the sky and wait'n fer the ansuh and here it has been all along!!!! Don't worry Leigh, I clean up real good, and I've had a recent tetanus shot even."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Not nice to say.

Offline pepper53190

• View Profile
    • http://queenjennifer.com
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 03:42:00 PM »
"Can?t you all remember lessons that you learned in that god-awful place? How to share your thoughts and feelings? How to relate? No, it is clear you do not. You instead learned how to confront and hate."

Um.....They can't remember.  They are too busy remembering all the bad things.

(I know....I'm asking for it, but it's my thought so nah nah nah :razz: )

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 03:59:00 PM »
Whats the big difference between ISAC and SAFETY Net?  I had at one point thought that some people were with both organizations.  Did I read correctly that the ISAC does NOT want to attend the conference?  If so why not?  If they ever held it here in the Cincinnati area, I'd be there in a heartbeat and I'm not what some would call a big activist. Some clarification please  :???: .  Thanks

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »
I wish it were that simple. Have you ever been raped? Whether you're laying still and waiting for it to be over, or fighting with all your might. It's still rape. I've tried both. The scars it leaves are deep. Even if you try to ignore them, they're still there. For some, there was no good.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »
On 2003-04-07 13:03:00, Anonymous wrote:
"I wish it were that simple. Have you ever been raped? Whether you're laying still and waiting for it to be over, or fighting with all your might. It's still rape. I've tried both. The scars it leaves are deep. Even if you try to ignore them, they're still there. For some, there was no good. "
This was in responce to pepper's post.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »
Don't blame the players, blame the game !
 :smokin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/faq.php#terms (located under the FAQ link to the left.

Terms of use  
This forum is offered as a resource to facilitate the shareing of information and viewpoints related to the topics designated by individual forum moderators and to coordinate and network efforts relating to them.

All of the responsibility for content, legal, moral or otherwise, rests with the respective authors of the words posted herein. Use of this forum (either by posting messages or just by reading them) implies your acceptance of this policy.

This is an open and unmoderated forum intended to help give you a louder voice to share your story and to make contact with others to share important news and information. It is your wisdom and your vision that will make this dialog meaningful.

This means that, unlike the policies of organizations like Straight, WWASP, Elan, etc., everyone and anyone, even people currently involved in what might be an abusive cult, is welcome to participate in this forum. I (the tech responsible for maintaining this site) am willing to wager that the tactics used by coercive cults will fall flat outside of a controled environment. I do, however, delet older messages for the sake of conserving disk space. If you want to save them, do so on your own hard drive or offer to pay my costs and I may agree to set up an archive for you.

Though I can't (and wouldn't want to) control every word posted here, I and the moderators of individual forums reserve the right to delete posts and/or ban users at our sole discretion with wanton disregard for anyone else's opinion of the propriety of such decisions. As a user of this free forum, you are a guest just as long as you make yourself welcome. We do ask that you follow these few basic guidelines.

Please refrain from personal attacks and really offensive language.

Bearing in mind that one man's poetry is another man's obscenity, and that censorship is probably the worst form of obscenity, I leave this to your best judgment. There is really no one 'in charge' of this discussion, and I will not intervene on anyone's behalf nor take responsibility for any reprecussions, legal or otherwise, that arise from anyone's words but my own.

Please do not use the board to post commercial messages
It's okay to include your organization/Web page in your signature (in fact, we hope you will because it lends context to your words!)
It's okay to announce a site, newsletter, event etc. that may be of legitimate interest to the folks who frequent this forum. But please don't just drop in with a message that boils down to "Hey everyone, buy my stuff!!!" and not engage in the discussion. That's just plain rude!

Blame the players or pay me to host these forums and you can make the rules.

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die
-- Malachy McCourt

Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
I forgive you, 85-day. Thank you for apologizing.  :smile: And I apologize for my smart-butt response to you too.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2003, 09:45:00 PM »
Kumba-ya my lord.....
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82