Author Topic: Beelzebub  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Powerful Attitude

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« on: April 07, 2003, 12:41:00 AM »
I am not quite clear as well with what is going on around here. I have seen evidence of people working for the same cause but have turned on each other. All have believable and tragic stories. This verse is not meant to ?confront? anybody, but I will just say this; I have been trying to relay the idea that we cannot stand if we are divided.  How can we work for the same cause and become enemies?  Easy, we are not the same, we are not one, and it means someone is playing a great game of deceit. I thought of a verse as I have watched these forums.  ? A household divided against itself will not stand ?.  I looked up the verse tonight and it speaks a lot louder than I remembered, so here it is.  It speaks great Truth.

This is when Jesus was accused of casting demons out in the name of Beeelzebub (prince of demons) Matthew 12:22-36

?25 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, ?Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.  26 If satan drives out satan, he is divided against himself.  How then can his kingdom stand?  27 And if I drive out demons by Beezlebub, by whom do your people drive them out?  So then, they will be your judges.  28 But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has come upon you.?

P.A.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t. Petersburg 1985-86, Dallas 86-87

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »
ISAC has made many attempts at working together, only to find lies and personal attacks posted on this board a few hours later. Our goals are to expose abusive treatment centers and assist people who have already been harmed by them. It's not about power and ego. It's about the kids still sitting in group.

Shelby
[email protected]

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
Beelzebub
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 01:48:00 AM »
Is it possible that there is a conspiracy going on?  A sabotage effort conducted by an insider, possibly working for those who run the existing programs?

David

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »
I wish that was the case David. But since many of the attacks on ISAC are of a personal nature, it's clear to us that they could only be coming from former friends.

Shelby
[email protected]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Beelzebub
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »

People everywhere enjoy believing things that they know are not true. It spares them the ordeal of thinking for themselves and taking responsibility for what they know.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000051WYJ/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> BROOKS ATKINSON (1894-1984), Once Around The Sun, 1951.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »
Listen, Shelby, Bill, Everybody!

The kids still sitting in group do not have net access. Even if they did, they don't give a flyin' run at a rollin' doughnut what one anonymous, faceless person thinks about another anonymous faceless person.

Will you please just quit making something out of nothing. Please. I'm asking. As a.... well, not an enemy anyway. Please. Just get over yourself.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The people who ran straight had the best of intentions. I hope they reached their destination.

Anonymity Anonymous

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 01:05:00 PM »
As I read this board, it has occured to me that I have not seen any "slamming" or accusations under the name of Safetynet.   I seems that the only anger and personal attacks I have seen is under the name of ISAC.   I have just found this board in my looking for straight related sites.  Based on what I have seen, I would not ask anyone for help.  I'd just go see my psychologist.

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 01:14:00 PM »
We're not stuck on ourselves Ginger. You've actually met me and know that isn't my style. I'm surprised and really hurt that Mike and Leigh, who used to be friends of ours, would ban together and resort to outright lies and personal attacks just to make SafetyNet look better. We all worked together at one point and instead of letting some of us go off on our own, they'd rather try to destroy what we're working for. I know you're friends with Mike and don't support us either, but even you can't tell me that's right.

Shelby

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »
Shelby, you're trippin'. I'm sorry, but I don't see any point in trying to dance around it or be anything but fank and direct about it. You'd only imagine some dark conspiracy anyway, so what would be the point.

There is no conspiracy. Mike and Leigh have not been badmouthing you at all. Not a bit. I rarely ever even speak with them. I base my observations about you solely on what I have seen you (YOU) post in these forums. Quit trying to cast blame already. Nobody is attacking you, for Christ's sake!

You guys are self destructing all on your own and. And whether you want to believe it or not, not one soul that I know of is happy to see it. It's frightening, disturbing, hurtful, no fun, not the least bit satisfying for anyone.

Finally, in answer to you and to our new Anon poster (two posts back... and welcome, by the way. Sure wish you'd happened along at a better time, but welcome all the same) I was trying to be polite and gentle about this before and you either disagreed with me (which is cool) or didn't take my meaning. So, since I'm being accused of all sorts of dark motives and actions anyway, I may as well state this planely as well. If you're going to hate me, hate me for what I am, right?

I think it's just incredibly stupid for any of us to promise mental health assistance to anyone! Talk about the blind leading the blind! Never mind the (understandable) suspicious and paranoid nature of the people who you are promising to help if they call you up and tell you all about how they're suicidal or strung out or whatever the hell the crisis may be. Do you think it hasn't crossed some people's minds that the main number for ISAC is a local call to the Church of Scientology headquarters?

Do you really think anyone involved here is qualified or capable of helping someone who's on the edge? How in the world could you make such a promise? What were you guys thinking??? What incredible sack!

Anon, there are some pretty cool people who frequently post here and we all have some kind of perspective on the Program that you may or may not find useful. You may even hook up with old friends or new ones that you come to know and trust and all that. Your odds are probably a bit better here than at most sports bars, but maybe not.

But I definitely agree with you on this one. This is not a psychologist's office. We are not mental health professionals, we're more like mental health case studies when you get right down to it. We're damned good programers and website hosting providers (Sysadmin and I) This is a website, that's all it is, that's all it was ever intended to be. Your healthy skepticism is very refreshing to see.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
--Albert Einstein

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 08:23:00 PM »
Do you really think anyone involved here is qualified or capable of helping someone who's on the edge? How in the world could you make such a promise? What were you guys thinking??? What incredible sack!

You know, there is a general rule out there in the outside world that says that if you can't figure it out yourself, find someone who can. By offering assistance to people who ask for it and being able to provide some help with respect to their given situations, we have helped people. Why is this such a problem and why do you insult that? Maybe we are not veteran psychologists and psychiatrists, but we know where to find them. I doubt very seriously if anyone is trying to hurt anyone that asks for help at 3:45AM on Sunday, do you think? I am really curious how you can consider that to be an "incredible sack". All over the country there are people seeking help from the treatment they received in these straight and the like programs. Please stop bashing people who are actually helping them.
Thank you,
MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »
The 24 hour hot-line is not real.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 10:17:00 PM »
If you want people to find qualified help if/when they think they need it, just give them the number direct. What's the point in having them call you first?

Can you say malpractice? Practicing without a license? You're not a doctor. You don't even play one on TV.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 12:22:00 AM »
A quick piece of advice:  ISAC must distance itself from being a hotline now.  Offer to listen, and to refer to professional help, like keeping a hotsheet of good intervention numbers handy, but absolutely stay away from trying to be what you are not.
I have a license which says I can practice as a Psych nurse, but I would NEVER risk loosing EVERYTHING to do so outside of a work environment with protocols built over years of experience.
For people without legit credentials, earned by learning how interventions are handled, someone could get fined, sued to shit, or lead to a death.
Almost happened to Abush76 just a month ago.  He tried to call ISAC's hotline.
Be smart Chris, Marty and friends.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Beelzebub
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2003, 01:01:00 AM »
There is no need for a conspiracy when wounded people attack their peers for fun.