Author Topic: What happened to compassion and empathy?  (Read 9713 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What happened to compassion and empathy?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 08:28:56 PM »
Quote from: ""AtomicAnt""
When Bush was elected (both times) a large number of Americans moved to Canada. I did not like that because that meant fewer votes against him in this country.

If you leave, they win. Shoud you obey the conservative conservative mantra of, "Love it or leave it."

This is my country! I'm not going to let these neo-con idiots drive me out of it. I will do everything in my power to drive them out [of office].

Right on & god bless ya, Ant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »
Quote from: ""AtomicAnt""
When Bush was elected (both times) a large number of Americans moved to Canada. I did not like that because that meant fewer votes against him in this country.

LOL  ::bwahaha2:: well i am glad to see this phenomenon is international. Everytime Howard wins I threaten to fuck off to france! With Australians it is often just talk tho because we are so isolated. I wholly agree with you Ant that more people need to vote. In a country without compulsory voting, bushes enemies need all the help they can get! Niles do you Drink Sierra Nevada beer? I love that stuff. Knocks Bud and Millers on its ass!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 08:38:26 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
do you Drink Sierra Nevada beer? I love that stuff. Knocks Bud and Millers on its ass!

Knocks ME on MY ass too! ::puke::

(I'm not saying it's not good beer.)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 08:37:13 AM »
SNPA isn't even high in alcohol...

oh, I see, you get good stuff and you guzzle it.  :lol:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
SNPA isn't even high in alcohol...

oh, I see, you get good stuff and you guzzle it.  :lol:

Not really, but I mixed several beers with weed and it sure took its toll on my stomach that night. It wasn't really my idea to partake of both quite so vigorously, but i had some and was sharing as payback for the brew...

PS- what the hell is an LGAT?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »
Hops on their own make me happy... Sierra Nevada and most west coast beer has a ton of it. Did I mention they're antioxidants?  :lol:

LGAT = large group awareness training...

WWASPS seminars, STRAIGHT Raps, CEDU propheets, "Challenge Day", Tony Robbins's bullshit.... etc.

GOOGLE is your friend  :wink:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »
No doubt.

There are also better places.

I think I just gotta find the right state IN the USA... heh.
Oz girl is rihgt, don't think europe is any better cos really, it's probably worse, prevention is not better than cure here, it's the other way round, it's all about 'lock them little bastards up' that's the mentality, we don't do therapy in the way you do infact it's almost impossible to get unless you have money to burn on a private therapist (and they are extortionate knowing the NHS won't provide) as a mum of a child who has been diagnosed for over a year with a disability, i stil cannot get therapy for him, they are just into chucking the pills down their throats and hoping they'll grow out of it, the other half of the country doesn't even believe the disability is real, try dealing with that! ( I am talking police, schools, GP's etc)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 04:08:47 AM »
Hey, exhausted.

Have you seen that top gear episode where they go to Florida and drive to NO with beat up old cars?

Yanno, and got assaulted in Alabama and saw how fucked up NO still is?

Its quite nice having an outside opinion on how much this area SUCKS.

I suppose its a good thing the USA is basically an old empire... every place is so culturally remote from the rest its kind of crazy. I think I should hit up the west coast or something... Florida ain't for me. The only good part of it is Sebring racetrack and no emissions laws... but I can't even get enough work hours to do anything with a car anyway!

I'll settle on some parts of the USA are better than others, but I'm in a shitty part of it  :cry2: this sucks.

P.S. has anyone told those Alabamian bumble-fucks that its 2006? (of the time of the filming that is)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 05:34:06 AM »
Go to new york Niles. Fantastic city.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 09:34:47 AM »
While you are thinking about leaving Niles I'm going through the process of moving to America.
Now is not the time for good people to give up and leave.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 09:36:58 AM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
No doubt.

There are also better places.

I think I just gotta find the right state IN the USA... heh.
Oz girl is rihgt, don't think europe is any better cos really, it's probably worse, prevention is not better than cure here, it's the other way round, it's all about 'lock them little bastards up' that's the mentality, we don't do therapy in the way you do infact it's almost impossible to get unless you have money to burn on a private therapist (and they are extortionate knowing the NHS won't provide) as a mum of a child who has been diagnosed for over a year with a disability, i stil cannot get therapy for him, they are just into chucking the pills down their throats and hoping they'll grow out of it, the other half of the country doesn't even believe the disability is real, try dealing with that! ( I am talking police, schools, GP's etc)

I think it is safe to say that our experience of the country is radically different.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 11:25:34 PM »
Niles,
You surprised me by moving to Florida. That is one fucked up State. They are one reason the USA cannot sign the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Florida still allows a sentence of life without the possibility of parole and they have over 2200 kids locked up in adult prisons. Those are both show stoppers for the UN Convention.

Did anyone catch the news about the UNICEF study? They ranked the USA number 20 out of 21 industrial nations when looking at which countries it was best to be a child in. I downloaded the entire 52 page study in pdf format (Google UNICEF). Some of the metrics are questionable in my opinion, but it is interesting stuff.

Niles, don't go to New York. I lived there for 16 years. It's no good for car buffs. Way too expensive and too crowded. While I can't believe the poverty I see here in SC, I like it better. No car inspection here, either.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 11:27:44 PM »
Oops! Forgot to mention. The reason the UNICEF study belongs in the empathy thread; the USA ranks the worst in family and peer relationships.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 12:08:34 AM »
YA THINK?

I see even dysfunctional families and find myself longing for that kind of bond. A normal family is totally alien to me.

And yeah, FLORIDA SUCKS. I moved from NC mostly becuase my family was leaving and becuase I didn't want to run into a few enemies of mine... some disowned family members of mine, let's just say.

At any rate this country is so fucked up socially its going to be a clusterfuck in a few decades. It was a real epiphany when I realized... I have no culture and the concept of one is a new thing to me.

So WHY should I not bug out again?  :rofl:

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 03:43:44 AM »
So just dont drive a car boys. Use the outstanding public transport system. Of course new York is crowded and dirty. Full of huddled  masses yearning to be free. This is what makes it so fun!!!!!!

+ its people are not anywhere near as rude as everyone seems to think. Frankly i was a little disappointed on this socre. When i went there as a poor ans somewhat naive young backpacker from a provincial city, i was almost looking forward to some big city attitude. All i got was nice 50 year old jewish ladies with thick brooklyn accents telling me i should be careful because it is a dangerous city. i began to wonder if Judge Judy would Mug me.

Also though obscenely expensive, the beauty is you can have fun just walking around or people watching. You can do stuff on the cheap it just takes some effort. Find out when the free evenings and days at museums are.

Really Niles dont listen to Ant on this. New york is worth having to reside in a flat roughtly the side of a shower cubicle, paying 20 bucks for a coffee and being shoved on the peak hour subway because it makes you feel alive. Go there for a bit while you are still young.