Author Topic: What happened to compassion and empathy?  (Read 9683 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
What happened to compassion and empathy?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 12:12:21 AM »
I'd live in a suburb...  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2007, 12:15:52 AM »
The East Bay or Peninsula it is, then.  :D

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
The East Bay or Peninsula it is, then.  :D

My God, most people would rather gnaw their genitals off than live in Peninsula Village.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2007, 03:02:03 PM »
Hey Ant, my best friend lives in Charlotte now. He and his boyfriend have a nice 4 bedroom, which is great for his son. His commute right now is terrible, because he is teaching at a high school about an hour away. He's looking for a closer gig at the moment.

In NJ, an hour is average. It took me an hour to drive my 15 mile commute.

I live in SC. I commute to Charlotte. The whole area is very much a boom town. New developments and shopping centers are popping up everywhere.

They need to build schools at such a pace. I read where 50,000 kids are attending classes in trailers because of the lack of schools in the Charlotte-Meckinburg school district.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »
NC in general is having schools set up like that... population growth that was not planned or accounted for and all.

Guess what the demographics of those new kids are?  :roll:

It's so bad FL won't accept NC drivers liscenses...

And do NOT get me started on the "magnet program".
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2007, 05:53:44 AM »

You mean for public schools?

I went to an Arts magnet school in Dallas before I got shipped off to CEDU, and I loved it. Maybe they are different in NC.

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2007, 09:27:28 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Ah well that is the beauty my friend. I apologize to all who are sick of ther NY advert I will stop soon
but the other beauty of NY for those not a fan of PT is its geographical compactness. You can walk everywhere. I lost a lot of weight there because i walked a lot and i couldnt afford food. Nobody really even needs to be trapped in a hunk of metal. Trust me Sinatra was right about NY

"New York's all right if you like saxophones."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2007, 11:30:48 AM »

You mean for public schools?

I went to an Arts magnet school in Dallas before I got shipped off to CEDU, and I loved it. Maybe they are different in NC.

Magnet program = take shitty inner city schools, and build a new wing for all the brilliant little geniuses in the school system, new library, lab with computers, bla bla bla... for the geniuses of course.

The school on the whole looks better but the neighborhood kids don't improve at all.

That's bullshit, 100%.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »
Providing better facilities for the 'brilliant' kids is bullshit? Or did I miss something? It seems to me, we would want to support high achieving kids as being in the best interest of the country.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2007, 01:44:57 PM »
Why send the brilliant kids to a shitty school to make the shitty school look better, without actually spending any effort on the neighborhood kids?

Its underhanded man! Why can't we go to a new school or at least one that is on par anyway? Why send us to the shittiest one to make the shitty one look better by spreading us on top of the problem there?

The neighborhood kids didn't get anything out of it, but the school didnt look like a shitty inner-city one anymore, because me and the other braniacs were being showed off while the warehoused kids were kept out of the limelight, basically.

I'm sorry but I don't like being turd polish for the wake county public school system...

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
I don't know how on topic this is, but I'll chime in anyway. A lot of schools get grant $$ for maintaining high test scores. This tends to have adverse effects on some of the kids... If you can't perform within the school's parameters, you're fucked. Let's say a 1st grader doesn't do well with timed tests or has bad motor skills.. they are fucked, to make a long story short.

The whole thing is a bit disgusting to me; I experienced this as a parent of a bright kid who was an 'abrasive wheel.'

Fuck the goddam public school system anyway -- it was set up to create obedient and productive workers....just ask Cassandra, lol.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2007, 01:39:40 AM »
Yuh think?

My role was test-taker... I got the psychological beating-up from my "peers" for a long time. I remember in 4th grade the teacher actually yelling at the little shits to shut up and dressing them down while I tried to collect myself, then shooing me out before she screamed at them.

Sadly, not every teacher I had would do his/her job so well. In 5th grade I actually made the teacher CRY becuase I chewed her out for not doing her damn job! The principal and my parents were on a first name basis... heh. Thats what got me in the "alternative school" for a few months. Good thing I was such a good little boy, huh  :roll: else I might have ended up restrained or locked in that 'time out room'.

It got better in high school when I literally scared everyone into coerced civility, if that's worth anything.

Offline Ganja

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2007, 08:06:47 AM »
I pointed out a grading error to my first (and only) college English professor. I had an A on the paper anyway, so I didn't bitch too much about it.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 01:33:31 AM »
Ant your son sounds like the luckiest boy ever. I would love to be able to have a family in a city like New York!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 08:56:18 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
Why send the brilliant kids to a shitty school to make the shitty school look better, without actually spending any effort on the neighborhood kids?

Its underhanded man! Why can't we go to a new school or at least one that is on par anyway? Why send us to the shittiest one to make the shitty one look better by spreading us on top of the problem there?

The neighborhood kids didn't get anything out of it, but the school didnt look like a shitty inner-city one anymore, because me and the other braniacs were being showed off while the warehoused kids were kept out of the limelight, basically.

I'm sorry but I don't like being turd polish for the wake county public school system...

Apparently, I did, in fact, miss something.