Author Topic: Trial Tidbits on Sue Scheff and WWASP  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Trial Tidbits on Sue Scheff and WWASP
« on: January 16, 2007, 06:27:46 AM »
Sue Scheff had some fraud scheme going with someone named Diane Lucchetti. Sue Scheff would claim that she sold parents on WWASP but let Diane take the money from Teen Help. Then Sue would claim Diane sold parents on WWASP and that Sue was entitled to the referral fees -- which were thousands of dollars.

It was a scam and boy oh boy oh boy is Sue-Sue good at scams. A professional con artist.

Trial of Sue Scheff page 201:

Q. Ms. Scheff, in August of 2001, Teen Help . . . stopped paying you referral fees because of the subterfuge you had goind with Diane Lucchetti; isn?t that correct?
A. That is a completely false statement?.
Q. You never collected a fee after July of 2001?
A. I will explain why the fees came in.

Our dear Ms. Scheff goes on to explain on page 202 of the trial transcript:

A. Narvin Lichfield was offering to pay me what Lynn Prezfeld (misspelled Crestfield) gets down in Miami. Down in Miami, Lynn Prezfeld is the leading recruiter for WWASP?.
Dear Missy Scheff goes on to say that in the spring of that year (2001) she heard of the abuse at WWASP yet she continued to refer to WWASP until their marketing company Teen Help refused to pay her for the little insider scam Scheff set up with another person by the name of Diane Lucchetti.

Well there ya have it. Thank you Sue Scheff for all these trials you are having because it just gets clearer and clearer the kind of dark wicked evil snake you are.

And don?t think we won?t be taken a close look at your transcripts in the Carey Bock case. You are a witch IN OUR OPINION.

Page 203 trial transcript of Sue Scheff with the Q being the lawyer and the A being our dear Missy Sue-Sue Scheff.

Q. And at the bottom (of the PURE web site) it says, ?All PURE approved transporters have a high level of education with degrees in mental health.? That was an untrue statement?
A. No, that was a true statement, sir.
Q. Let?s go to the next page, please (of the PURE web site). And this paragraph right here (indicating) indicates that one of your approved transporters was Lorraine Colpitts form Safe and Sound Transportation in Maine, right?
A. That is correct. That is her company??..
Q. Now, I would like to go down to the paragraph that says from the late 80?s, that is the paragraph talking about this Ms. Colpitts; isn?t it?
A. Yes.
Q. It says, ?Although Lorraine did not obtain a formal degree in mental health, she has taken many relevant courses? and it goen on to say, ?she has several years experience as a school bus driver.? That is what it says?
A. That is working with children??
Q. That is fine. You answered my question.

Oh yea, that is a degree in mental health and working with children to a scam artist like Sue Scheff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:44:11 AM »
Don't you have your own forum now for this stuff?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »
In the WWASP vs PURE transcript, Sue Scheff is being questioned about her referring children to Red Rock Canyon Ranch.  Scheff's testimony seems to offer insight into Ms. Scheff's support of an abusive facility, rather than concern for a child who died in this program:
Page 187 of the trial transcript:
Q:  You knew there had been a death in 2002 at Red Rock Canyon?

A: That death at Red Rock Canyon Ranch, sir?  Yes, there was a death of a  young girl that fell off a cliff---she did not die at the school.  I personally, I personally investigated it.

Q:  How did you personally investigate it?

A:  I spoke with the school, most importantly.....I talked to students that were with Katie when she slipped and fell off the cliff.  They said there was absolutely no negligence. Absolutely none.

Q:  Students used that term?

A.  I paraphrased it from what the kids had told me.

Q.  You actually don't believe a program can ever recover from having a child die at a program, do you?

A.  And Red Rock proved that. By May of that year after Katie had died--first of all, Katie died at the hospital, she didn't die at the school.

Scheff makes this statement about this young girl dying at the hospital as if it actually matters that the girl was transported to the hospital, and died at the hospital, rather than 'THE SCHOOL."
Scheff continues to try and justify her support of Red Rock Canyon Ranch, and her referrals to this  facility..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »
In the WWASP vs PURE transcript:
Sue Scheff is questioned about referrals to Cedar Mountain Academy, and her relationship with Bernie Farrow, the Director.

NOTE:  Bernie Farrow was hired as a COUNSELOR at Whitmore Academy..
Bernice Farrow was fired at Cedar Mountain Academy for "credential" violations.
At Whitmore--Farrow was represented as a PhD; but he only holds a license as a "Substance Abuse Counselor."

Transcript:  Pages 172 - 177

Q:  It says, "Our dynamic network is small; yet with proven, qualified programs/schools with longevity of success."  That wasn't true, was it?

A: I believed it to be true.

Q:  Cedar Mountain was a brand new school, just trying to fill their beds and had not a proven qualifed program with longevity and success?

A:  Cedar Mountain had been around a while, but had recently hired Dr. Bernie Farrow who had been working with children many many years.

Q:  Did you understand Dr. Bernie Farrow had never worked in a residential treatment program before he went to Cedar Mountain Academy?

A:  I understand Dr. Bernie Farrow worked with children. He was a psychologist for many years.

Q:  Did you think that Cedar Mountain Academy was one of the most qualified, proven, successful program?

A: I absolutely did at the time because of Dr. Bernie Farrow.

Q: Have you had occasion to read or look at the deposition of Arlene Farrow in this case?

A:  No I haven't.

Q: So, you don 't know that when Arlene and Bernie Farrow were working at Cedar Mountain Academy, that according to her the kids weren't properly fed, you didn't know that?

A.  Do you want me to answer that?

Q:  You didn't know that?

A:  Yes, I did know there there were some problems, as well as some kids were smoking on campus, and they were trying to rectify these problems.  And when Bernie and Arlene stepped in to try and make some changes, Bernie got fired by Jody Tuttle.

Q:  Did you know while he was operating the program that children were using drugs and having sex in the dormitories?...........

Further on page 379:  Sue Scheff appears to be "confused" about Bernie Farrow's credentials.

Q:  Bernie Farrow is not an M.D.?

A:  He is a PhD, a doctor.  At the time I thought he was a doctor M.D.  That is just a mistake that I made.  Since he is Dr. Bernie Farrow.

Q:  That was a mistake you made about the DIRECTOR of a program you were referring to?

A:  Yes, I thought that doctor---I just assumed doctor was M.D. even though I knew it was a PhD.

Q:  That is one of those programs in your approved, network...?

NOTE:  Bernie Farrow holds a license as a "substance abuse counselor.".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:25:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
In the WWASP vs PURE transcript, Sue Scheff is being questioned about her referring children to Red Rock Canyon Ranch.  Scheff's testimony seems to offer insight into Ms. Scheff's support of an abusive facility, rather than concern for a child who died in this program:
Page 187 of the trial transcript:
Q:  You knew there had been a death in 2002 at Red Rock Canyon?

A: That death at Red Rock Canyon Ranch, sir?  Yes, there was a death of a  young girl that fell off a cliff---she did not die at the school.  I personally, I personally investigated it.

Q:  How did you personally investigate it?

A:  I spoke with the school, most importantly.....I talked to students that were with Katie when she slipped and fell off the cliff.  They said there was absolutely no negligence. Absolutely none.

Q:  Students used that term?

A.  I paraphrased it from what the kids had told me.

Q.  You actually don't believe a program can ever recover from having a child die at a program, do you?

A.  And Red Rock proved that. By May of that year after Katie had died--first of all, Katie died at the hospital, she didn't die at the school.

Scheff makes this statement about this young girl dying at the hospital as if it actually matters that the girl was transported to the hospital, and died at the hospital, rather than 'THE SCHOOL."
Scheff continues to try and justify her support of Red Rock Canyon Ranch, and her referrals to this  facility..

Katie Lank was severally hurt while participating in an UNSUPERVISED HIKE on Christmas Day.  She fell down a deep crevice and had to be extravated and air lifted to a hospital in Las Vegas where she died shortly thereafter of injuries sustained in this fall.  

The area where the children were hiking (and Katie fell) has since been declared OFF BOUNDS by Utah Licensing officials.  Also, it should be noted that as in the case of other wilderness therapy deaths, the program was not properly trained in first response.  It took some time for an emergency medical/rescue team to arrive after the program called for help.

The parents sued for negligence and wrongful death.  The suit was settled out of court, I believe.

The program is no longer in operation.

Note: The admissions director for Red Rock Ranch was Gayle Palmer DeGraff.  The same woman who started a program called Summit Quest in 1990 where Michelle Sutton died from the effects of water deprivation (dehydration).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
Also noted in the WWASP vs PURE transcripts:
Sue Scheff has/had a long-term friendship, working relationship with this Gayle Palmer DeGraff.
Figures!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »
///And don?t think we won?t be taken a close look at your transcripts in the Carey Bock case. You are a witch IN OUR OPINION. ///

I have understood that there are no transcripts in this case. It seems in Florida, in a civil action, it is the plaintiffs choice to hire a court reporter or not; and in this case, none was hired; so there is no transcript.

If this is incorrect many of us would be interested in learning how to obtain a copy of what ever there is.

So - "Sylvester", if you have any info that contradicts this, please do tell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 01:57:53 PM »
///And don?t think we won?t be taken a close look at your transcripts in the Carey Bock case. You are a witch IN OUR OPINION. ///

I have understood that there are no transcripts in this case. It seems in Florida, in a civil action, it is the plaintiffs choice to hire a court reporter or not; and in this case, none was hired; so there is no transcript.

If this is incorrect many of us would be interested in learning how to obtain a copy of what ever there is.

So - "Sylvester", if you have any info that contradicts this, please do tell.

All the judge's rulings are a matter of court record and as such, available to the public.

Also, the judgement which was filed with the court is probably available for public viewing (for a fee).

Check with the County Clerk's office in Broward County.  No need to rely on hearsay or rumor.

Official Website:

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/

Phone Directory:

http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/cler ... lelist.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 03:31:42 PM »
///All the judge's rulings are a matter of court record and as such, available to the public.

Also, the judgement which was filed with the court is probably available for public viewing (for a fee).///

Sure nuff; but none of this is nearly as interesting or informative as a transcript of the testimony would be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 06:46:32 PM »
///All the judge's rulings are a matter of court record and as such, available to the public.

Also, the judgement which was filed with the court is probably available for public viewing (for a fee).///

Sure nuff; but none of this is nearly as interesting or informative as a transcript of the testimony would be.

Have you tried calling the county clerk and asking if there IS a transcript available?  The court case number is posted somewhere. Just ask em' straight up - are there or are there not transcripts available for this case which garnered national attention?  Speaking of which, wonder if the media or any legal beagles checked into this issue?  It seems they lost interest quite some time ago.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »
We did check and there is no trial transcript for some reason but there are deposition transcripts.  We are getting them.

Didn't Sue Scheff do a video of some of the WWASP dogs?  When Sue-Sue gets her titties twisted in another lawsuit why can't a video be done of her?

Anyone know any reason why not?  It would be fun to put a video of Sue Scheff on Google.

HeeHaww!  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 09:44:12 AM »
Also noted in the WWASP vs PURE transcripts:
Sue Scheff has/had a long-term friendship, working relationship with this Gayle Palmer DeGraff.
Figures!

Background on Gayle Palmer DeGraff who used to work for Steve Cartisano (Challenger) before starting Summit Quest in 1990 ...

Excerpt:  

Michelle collapsed in the late afternoon, after hiking over a mountain. Summit Quest had no radios powerful enough to reach the camp base. Instead, the group set signal fires, and Michelle lay dead for at least 18 hours before a passing aircraft finally spotted the group. The Suttons settled a civil suit against Summit Quest out of court in 1992, but no criminal charges have ever been filed.

State officials refused to renew Palmer's license to operate after Michelle's death. But she simply moved across the border and reopened Summit Quest in Nevada, where authorities soon withdrew a group of teens from her program, citing inadequate medical and psychological care. Palmer violated a juvenile court order by placing the kids back in her program and hid them from state investigators -- an action that led an angry district court judge in Nevada to prohibit Summit Quest from operating in the state.

But Palmer was apparently undaunted. In July 1994, she surfaced yet again in southern Utah, operating a similar program without a license. Utah officials might never have known Palmer was back in business if a 14-year-old girl hadn't wandered into an archaeological dig near Zion National Park, saying she'd run away from a wilderness therapy program. Investigations indicated that the girl was in fact enrolled in Palmer's program, but state authorities could not find the other hikers.

http://healthresources.caremark.com/topic/sutton

Anybody know where Gayle Palmer DeGraff is working these days?

:roll: