Author Topic: blownawaytheidahoway  (Read 25977 times)

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 12:19:21 PM »
True but For us folk that graduated RMA by 90' who lived through the "HERE FOREVER" era having RMA shut down even for a day is a major victory.

It was a milestone event for former students to help us put that experience in better perspective and put it behind us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 12:34:19 PM »
I don't understand! I don't understand!
I thought these cedu clones were shut down?
There are raps on the old cattle creek route 1 site north of Bonners Ferry this week?
Is that right?
It must fucking end. The raps were the torture. the trick to catch the king. the one thing that made the brainwashing happen. GOD MAKE IT STOP. I thought it was over. are you sure auntie em?

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 04:00:41 PM »
:( Oh, Guest, it is my profound hope that I am dead wrong, but the evidence says otherwise. Because no family members other than her parents have been allowed any communication whatsoever with our niece since she was sent there in early 2006, it is not possible to know for sure.

But here is the evidence I have that raps are still being used.
1. The BCA web site gives the students' Daily Schedule:
http://https://www.bouldercreekacademy.net/campus/dailyschedule.pdf

And this from the BCA web page describing campus life (bold added to copy below by me):
Each student's daily schedule varies as they progress through the school. Wake-up time is approximately 6:30 a.m., and dorm responsibilities are handled by each of the students. Breakfast is followed by a morning meeting called "First Light," which includes philosophical discussions, exploration of current and past issues, leadership sponsored activities, personal goal setting, and play. "First Light" is a time for all of the students to gather, share information, and spend time getting to know more about each other.

At Boulder Creek Academy, morning activities may include academic classes and service commitments such as working in the wood corral, landscaping, gardening and woodworking. Students have the opportunity to participate in each of these areas, which increases their "hands-on" experience and enhances their group interaction skills.

Lunch is followed by afternoon classes, meetings or activities. Group discussions, Raps, are held three afternoons per week, and elective classes are available on the other two weekdays. Outdoor recreational activities such as volleyball, basketball, soccer, softball, snow shoeing, wilderness trip preparation, and running can also be a part of the individual students' daily schedule. Dorm time begins at 4 p.m. and dinner is served at 5 p.m.

2. Staff members currently in executive positions at the school are the same people who were in charge before the bankruptcy in 2005: Johnson, Wilson, Tompkins, and Timms. See http://https://www.bouldercreekacademy.net/about/leaders.shtml

3. Complete isolation from family--this is the same modus operandi as has been practiced there for years, according to former students here on Fornits. Oh, and no axe murderers in our family that I know of--just normal, loving folk who want to see their relative.

4. Her parents continually use language like "she's manipulative and lies all the time." "Completing the program" is paramount to them.

And near as I can tell "completing the program" is about time served, not therapeutic goals achieved.

AuntieEm

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 04:08:23 PM »
And, yes, according to you all, this is what I've heard called the "Cow Creek" campus. It is Route 1 Bonners Ferry.

From time to time I see raps written out as "RAPS."  Is it an acronym?

Took me a while to make the link between CEDU and Charles E Dederich University, which is persuasive evidence of the continuing connection to the Synanon cult.

I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Guest. I agree this must end.

AuntieEm

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »
I can't remember Rap being an acronym.

I think it derived from the 60's slang term Rap. As in "hey man, we were at the dead show with these cool cats and we ended up rapping about world peace for hours. It was real deep man".

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 09:55:11 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
There are raps on the old cattle creek route 1 site north of Bonners Ferry this week?
Is that right?

Yes. Probably in one of these fine facilities located in beautiful, rural Idaho.

P.S. Wednesday is a rap day.

I can't remember Rap being an acronym.

I think it derived from the 60's slang term Rap. As in "hey man, we were at the dead show with these cool cats and we ended up rapping about world peace for hours. It was real deep man".

Yes, rap was a slang term popular in the 60s for "talk". "Hey man, what's up? Wanna rap for a while?" This is where the program term rap came from. I'm willing to bet the farm that CEDU was the first facility to use that term.

I believe it is also derived from its parent word "rapport".

Offline Psianide

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 11:21:43 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
Is that right?

Yes. Probably in one of Dont forget these facilities
quot;Anyone who doesn\'t understand how a book of lies can be useful won\'t like this one either\" -Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 03:00:18 PM »
"Her parents continually use language like "she's manipulative and lies all the time." "Completing the program" is paramount to them.

And near as I can tell "completing the program" is about time served, not therapeutic goals achieved."

AuntieEm, I think your neice is lucky to have you. And you know, knowledge is power. Have you tried asking her parents to read through the posts in this forum? Just tell them that it can give them another perspective.

I was at RMA from 1990 to 1993, and while I did get some benefit, there was also a lot that went on that was just wrong. There's a reason they shut down (and it wasn't simply because they went bankrupt).

I didn't know until recently that the school was running again. It's Friday, I remember what this day was like. Knots in the pit of your stomach and just praying to be as invisible as possible. Wow. I feel for those kids.

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 05:12:32 PM »
There is almost no communication between her parents and family members on either side. Our punishment, if you will, for raising concerns and asking questions about BCA's "treatment" was that the trickle of info we were getting dried up completely. Yes, I often think I should try one more time to put the facts in front of him, but her father has already made it clear he rejects our view. We need other options.

AuntieEm

Offline stina

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »
Tell him to call me up. I'll tell him the good AND the bad from what I remember.

I'm sorry that it's created a rift in your family. Something similar happened with my family, and it became a source of misused power, this witholding of information and communication. I was only partly joking about telling him to call me, I think anyone of us would help if there was a way that we could. The offer's out there.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2007, 02:31:38 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
True but For us folk that graduated RMA by 90' who lived through the "HERE FOREVER" era having RMA shut down even for a day is a major victory.

It was a milestone event for former students to help us put that experience in better perspective and put it behind us.

That ginormous poster haunts me. It was like it was strategically placed to taunt us every time we'd come up those damn stairs.

Heeeerrrrrrreeeeee   ....   FOOOOOORRRRRRREEEVVEEERRRRRRRRR

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

It was, yeah.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 02:35:35 PM »
Ok, it doesn't really haunt me. But damn, that thing was huge.

Offline stina

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""

That ginormous poster haunts me. It was like it was strategically placed to taunt us every time we'd come up those damn stairs.

Heeeerrrrrrreeeeee   ....   FOOOOOORRRRRRREEEVVEEERRRRRRRRR

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

It was, yeah.

I don't know where they got this voice from nowhere person ...guess I wasn't logged in when I wrote it. oops.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2007, 02:41:58 PM »
I don't know if you're not logging in correctly or not but I did read in another forum that there may be someone 'hacking' the fornits site and pulling pranks similar to what you are experiencing.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2007, 02:42:11 PM »