Author Topic: Restraints at Aspen  (Read 8389 times)

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 08:55:03 PM »
her arms were already behind her back, had we seen the beginning of the takedown-- perhaps starting in a standing position, of course there would have been weight shifting.  however, speaking from experience, its easy to knock a kid off balance.  I've had to perform repeated restraints on kids of all sizes and strengths, including having to use the corner of a room to my advantage to hold a child in.

That takedown wasnt staged and thats how most takedowns tend to occur.. the victims of takedowns think they can make it end quicker if they just fall forward or make their bodies go limp.  What they showed was pretty accurate for a facility like aspen or 3 springs to experience.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »
Shows how "BAD" these kids are.

Someone trying to fight back is going to act differently...
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 10:44:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Err - does anyone else notice that at the start of the video everyone is perfectly posed with no movement, and suddenly there's a "takedown" - but with no change in balance or significant weight shift?  The "victim" simply falls forward?
In a takedown someone of that size who's showing resistance, there would be a LOT of weight shift on the part of the staff members, and some kind of twisting movement of the supposed victim.   But in this, all the movement is forward, and with no effort.
Sorry, but that one looks completely staged.

No. What I notice is that the clip starts at the point in which they've already taken her down to her knees, on the way to the floor. Someone on their knees with both arms held behind their back is not going to be moving much at all. What I also notice is that the woman to her right has her arm, not only behind her, but lifted about 8" and is twisting her wrist away from her body.

Takedowns/restraints are not reserved for violent kids who pose a threat to safety. It's a show of force to establish who's in control. Just like the wrist bending technique.  

Get your partner to put you in a hold like that tonight so you can experience it first hand. Have him pull straight up while twisting your wrist. Don't leave out any steps.

Then search your soul to ferret out the reason you can watch this kind of 'treatment' and make light of it. Stop being naive. Did you read the thread which links to comments from the producer/programs? This series of "documentaries" were intended to educate, to show how Amurkins deal with difficult kids. Hope your kid survives program.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 02:04:10 AM »
What I noticed was the SOP demeanor of the staff in both scenes. Same sort of thing in the Martin Lee Anderson video. That's just one of those things I can never miss, having been flat out astounded to find myself in that same state of mind once.

We really get a lot more of our ethical judgment from the responses of the people around us than from actually thinking and reasoning everything through. It's an absolutely necessary evolutionary mechanism. Interpersonal communication runs at lightening speed. If we had to think about every little thing before we responded, we'd never survive.

Quote from: ""Oz girl""
You mean they put this on TV as part of Brat Camp and people the US Britian and Europe watched it and were ok with it? There was no outcry? What the fuck is wrong with the world!!!!!!

Works pretty good on tv addled viewers, too. Given the right set up and reenforcement w/ familiar  logos and branding, comfortably predictable formats and all, damned near anything can come to seem normal, or at least acceptable. Hell, look at Jerry Springer or the evening news.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 02:28:52 AM »
But the difference between Springer etc is that it is pure theatre. Adult trailer trash go on springer for a laugh and the world goes along with it. It is the cerebal eq to fast food or a 1 night stand.

This is actual footage of a kid being brutalized!!! It was also if nothing else an unfair fight. Kid didnt stand a chance!  For those who live in the UK or Europe what was the social reaction to this. Were people disgusted? Was it seen as normal? How widely watched is this show? is it on the same level as survivour or Idol etc?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 06:59:13 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""

This is actual footage of a kid being brutalized!!! It was also if nothing else an unfair fight. Kid didnt stand a chance!  For those who live in the UK or Europe what was the social reaction to this. Were people disgusted? Was it seen as normal? How widely watched is this show? is it on the same level as survivour or Idol etc?

Oz girl, some days I wonder if there's any good left in the world. Everyday I work this issue it seems like the answer is closer to no then yes, however I have come across people who give me hope that not everyone is insane.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
 After the show she could not adjust to the real world, so she begged her mother to lock her up. Her mother took a loan in her house so she could be locked up at Excel academy. She will properly be released sometime late in 2007. Her major problem is that she liked girls instead of boys, which is quite shameful in some circles in England. So the shame of being "wrong" caused her to act out.  

I think you may be mixing her up with another child
I didn?t see where this was said?  See below, this is what was written about Georgie......
Quote from Brat Camp:
Georgie was the biggest rebel when she first arrived at Camp, but by the end of her time there, she'd totally changed. Her Mum Anne says: 'Before, she was completely inconsiderate. She didn't care what anyone felt or thought. She used to be blank and out of it and now she is alive. There is a sparkle in her eyes and fire in her belly. She is a completely different girl now and I believe it's a long-term change.'
Georgie is now in Texas, attending another residential programme, where she is hoping to build on the changes she made while in Utah. Her Mum sold her house to help fund the course, and Aspen got her a part scholarship.

I think what is not generally understood is that for most kids ?Wilderness Camp? is just the first step and is not designed to be the end all for all kids (many parents make the same assumption, I am not just pointing at people here).  The kids learn to adjust to a new steady diet, routine, cleanse their system and stabilize them etc.  Many kids move on to a TBS of some sort of other treatment program after wilderness.  Many times the next step isn?t known until after it is seen how they respond to Wilderness.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »
Yes treatment for being treated, the endless conveyor belt of child turned commodity continues.....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 02:42:09 AM »
Biggledy-BUMP!

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 03:16:25 PM »
The restraint video has been removed at YouTube. Is it posted anywhere else?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Cafety
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 01:57:13 AM »
Search on Aspen Achievement.

TwentyTwenty has realized that it was too close to child abuse (It was actually broadcasted in realitionship with Brat camp 3. The mother did not care just as long that she wont see her daughter for some time. The girl likes other girls and that kind of sexual orientation is somewhat shameful in certain circles.)

Someone could sent it to Liveleak instead.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Update on Georgie
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 05:10:12 PM »
Just an update on Georgie--she ran away from Excel Academy with another staff member.  The whole situation is extremely sad.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 08:08:05 PM »
How did you come across this information?

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Restraints at Aspen
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 06:27:05 PM »
Flippy-BUMP!