Author Topic: Hidden Lake Academy  (Read 7954 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
Yikes.

Exactly!! So at least we agree the car needs work !! 6 months ago you wouldn?t agree the car needed fixing?..I take back an early statement that people haven?t grown?. I agree with you we need to do our homework before getting help for our kids.

Cindy at no point did I ever make such a claim, nor did I ever insinuate anything remotely similar to what you are claiming. Either retract your statement and acknowledge your mistake or be prepared to back your statement up.

My analogy would, yes, a majority of posters, here on Fornits use to suggest that doing nothing was the best course of action for kids who were in trouble.

Provide the basis for this claim. I want actual numbers and statements proving that the majority of posters believe the best course of action for kids in trouble is to do nothing.

Sue the pants off the bastards !! and expose them, I agree !! But lets not keep the car in the driveway with a cover over it, lets get it fixed. Let us do better research and have someone else look at it.

And again how do you feel this statement is in any way different from what many of us are trying to do here?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
That is some scarry bullshit...

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »
Quote from: ""FLCLcowdude""
That is some scarry bullshit...

I agree!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 09:07:44 PM »
Oh Cindy is just full of it. He likes to make idiotic comments and then when he can't back them up he either pretends he never made them to begin with, or he pretends someone else made them.

He is good for a laugh. Cindy I'm out for a bit, post some babbeling response for me to have a good laugh at when I get back, and of course shoot down.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 09:09:35 PM »
TheWho, The problem is this most program parents have not exhausted every other resource available to them. There is no easy fix for a troubled kid and any one promising such a fix is a con man at best and an idealistic fanatic most of the time.
Understand this a child should only be institutionalized when in immediate crisis, not locked a way to get "fixed". Family counseling with individual therapy is the best option, using a temporary institutionalization only in times of immediate crisis and only for a short period and not therapy.
If that sounds less attractive to parents then shady programs it simply means their lazy and unwilling to put in the necessary work in helping their family overcome a family issue
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »
TheWho, The problem is this most program parents have not exhausted every other resource available to them.

The parents that I have met exhausted all options before even considering anything outside the home.  I would doubt many see this as a first option, although I am sure there are some that would use this as an early option.

There is no easy fix for a troubled kid

I agree and I would define an easy fix as one that could be resolved in short time.

and any one promising such a fix is a con man at best and an idealistic fanatic most of the time.

I agree 100%

Understand this a child should only be institutionalized when in immediate crisis, not locked a way to get "fixed". Family counseling with individual therapy is the best option, using a temporary institutionalization only in times of immediate crisis and only for a short period and not therapy.

Agreed

If that sounds less attractive to parents then shady programs it simply means their lazy and unwilling to put in the necessary work in helping their family overcome a family issue

Agreed, wow fornits has come a long way.  I apologize.  When I left in July to travel I was hard pressed to find anyone who would even agree (in theory) that it would be beneficial to having a child helped outside of the home under any circumstance.  Seems discussion has expanded.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2007, 09:44:20 PM »
Cindy you made some claims, are you going to back them or just do your usual song and dance routine?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »
Oh Cindy is just full of it. He likes to make idiotic comments and then when he can't back them up he either pretends he never made them to begin with, or he pretends someone else made them.

He is good for a laugh. Cindy I'm out for a bit, post some babbeling response for me to have a good laugh at when I get back, and of course shoot down.

Oh, Relax.....you get so ruffled when i log in. Just say what you believe in and try to help someone.  It doesnt matter who wins the argument, it matters that you care about what you are doing and you truly believe in your position and are amking a positive difference in someones life.  Nobody is going to fault you for that.  Dont be evil or spiteful, just be yourself.

I just stopped in, not sure when I will be back.  If it makes people think more highly of you, you can tell them that you chased me away (or shamed me), I'll back you up.
TheWho

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Hidden Lake Academy
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 10:17:55 PM »
(Yawn) Golly I never saw that one coming Cindy can't back up his claims.