Author Topic: Yo! Where's the tattoo thread ??  (Read 8761 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yo! Where's the tattoo thread ??
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 05:01:18 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I worked at a restaurant down on west broadway for a few years, across the street from the YMCA building and on my breaks I'd walk down and stare at that ship while having a cig... it's beautiful.

no way... you worked right near the emerald plaza hotel then, yes?  I worked there for about a year until they moved out to del mar. it was nice cuz i live downtown so I was able to walk to work everyday.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 05:17:19 AM »
i delievered many of meals to emerald plaza, those elevetators in the open were fun. made weekly bank deliveries to the bank in the back.. loved the green lights at night too.  one of the busboys told us when he delivered food to the owners suite he saw the guy installing the shower and that it was right up against the glass.. crazy. i lived near sdsu at the time working there.. then lemon grove.. then allied gardens.. then mission valley.. then oceanside. then solana beach. now im back in oceanside where ive been for the past several years. its getting nicer and all that. but solana beach was way cool. pretensious.. like they gave you shit for smoking cigs on the beach and shit like that but beautiful. rent was too high though. i always noticed a lot of airline pilots stayed at emerald plaza, they were always coming and going.

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 05:32:26 AM »
i delievered many of meals to emerald plaza, those elevetators in the open were fun. made weekly bank deliveries to the bank in the back.. loved the green lights at night too.  one of the busboys told us when he delivered food to the owners suite he saw the guy installing the shower and that it was right up against the glass.. crazy. i lived near sdsu at the time working there.. then lemon grove.. then allied gardens.. then mission valley.. then oceanside. then solana beach. now im back in oceanside where ive been for the past several years. its getting nicer and all that. but solana beach was way cool. pretensious.. like they gave you shit for smoking cigs on the beach and shit like that but beautiful. rent was too high though. i always noticed a lot of airline pilots stayed at emerald plaza, they were always coming and going.

hahaha that's great.  the pirate didn't like the ole plaza that much. i mentioned it looked like a pencil holder and i guess that was enough to turn him off, that and the green lights. lol But i like it! I had the pleasure of meeting mr. shapery who designed it and got to check out his pimp ass penthouse.  got some incredible photos from up there. what a view.

i live in the gaslamp now. believe it or not i've been here for 4 years and just went to OB for the first time while pirate was in town. haha shame on me. i'm hooked though i'll be going back there a lot. when my lease is up next year i'll probably move to the beach that's the only other place i'd be willing to live really and i'm about through with downtown.

lol i have some friends that live in solana beach. agreed not the same scene as OB but beautiful.  although i'd have to pick OB over solana as far as where i'd live, just cuz it's so chill. Are you still in cali at least? I moved from the east and seriously don't see myself leaving this state unless it's to move out of this country.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 05:45:53 AM »
Are you still in cali at least?

yeah been in oceanside now for the past several yaers.. trying to escape my family i guess but not leaving the area .my mom lives in a condo a block from the stadium.. so right near you. my dad lives in a condo on the beach across the estuary in ib. i grew up in sd so ob and that i mostly remembers from my teenage days tweeking on the beech & smoking up with random crazy fucks.. parking in the dark alleys up at mb or point loma overlooking downtown smokng up, trying to stay in my lane. so to me sd has negatives and positives cuz i lived here forever i dont have that same attitude that the transplants do.. if you know what i mean. too many dark memories... but everyone I know is here so Ill probably be a lifer.  ::bandit::

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 05:58:35 AM »
yeah been in oceanside now for the past several yaers.. trying to escape my family i guess but not leaving the area .my mom lives in a condo a block from the stadium.. so right near you. my dad lives in a condo on the beach across the estuary in ib. i grew up in sd so ob and that i mostly remembers from my teenage days tweeking on the beech & smoking up with random crazy fucks.. parking in the dark alleys up at mb or point loma overlooking downtown smokng up, trying to stay in my lane. so to me sd has negatives and positives cuz i lived here forever i dont have that same attitude that the transplants do.. if you know what i mean. too many dark memories... but everyone I know is here so Ill probably be a lifer.  ::bandit::

wow i can see the stadium from my loft, small world. im about 4 blocks away.  well if you're ever downtown and wanna grab a beer (or water, coffee, whatever lol) at the Tivoli or somethin, holler!

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »
Hey! San Diego kid!  I went to Point Loma High, only for 9th grade though.  Pop was a sailor.  I lived in El Cajon when I was a kid too.  I have similar memories of sittin in cars up on various hills in Point Loma and smokin up with my friends.  I love OB.  If I didn't have a daughter here in PA I'd move back.

Anyway, now I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get to meet you when I was out there.  I thought about puttin up a thread:"Any survivors in San Diego"?? but decided not to, for some reason.  It just would 'a' been cool.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »
Quote from: ""El Niño""
It looks kinda like a dragon to me..

Both of these are nice tattoos; thanks to both of you for posting them!

Does it hurt to get a tattoo? ::bwahaha::

I like that traditional style San Diego clipper ship... Maybe I'll have to show off my mermaid on here sometime, she's a beauty.
So, where on your body did you get that dragon thingy, webdiva?

tats aren't very painful, but i had one removed about 4 years ago.....now that WAS painful...but soooooooo worth it
EOW  

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Quote from: ""groovy1634""
Does it hurt to get a tattoo? ::bwahaha::

tats aren't very painful, but i had one removed about 4 years ago.....now that WAS painful...but soooooooo worth it

El Nino? How many tats you got? like 30? lol ...
I'm still laughin at the DL show

I hear removal is really painful.  basically burn it off of you, what fun.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 10:51:20 PM »
Quote from: ""webdiva""
El Nino? How many tats you got? like 30? lol ...
I'm still laughin at the DL show

I counted them once and I think I only have about 20.

Yeah, I'm back in another "Letterman phase" now; it's been a few years since I've bothered to watch it every night. Do you still have the link for that night's show? Is it still up?

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 12:50:53 AM »
Here's where we got our Tats....

RPT do you remember these guy's when you worked at The Black? It's across the street.

I counted them once and I think I only have about 20.

Yeah, I'm back in another "Letterman phase" now; it's been a few years since I've bothered to watch it every night. Do you still have the link for that night's show? Is it still up?

well i was close seein that i've only seen photos. lol and i downloaded the episode so no i dont have a link.  
you need to trust in the almighty downloading of video files, it could change your life. may the force be with you!

~V. Vale and Andrea Juno, Modern Primitives

Offline an.irish.kitten

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 05:06:41 AM »
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvfffffff
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:42:08 PM by an.irish.kitten »

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 11:20:51 AM »
Hey, Diva!?    Could that be a Fornit on your arm there? :idea:    :tup:
Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 11:59:19 AM »
Oh SHIT what a good thread, I thought I was alone in my inkyness,I got a
bunch,I gotta get some photos.
By the way my half-brother Padric lives in LaJolla.
I only get inked by 1 guy and Ill be in new orleans in january so Im gonna get some touch-up and a new peice done while Im there,

Good to hear from the pirate too,hope yer good
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 03:20:27 AM »
Shit. I totally forgot about this thread. I was going to post the results of my most recent tats when they were finished... so here they are.

New tat #1: My extremely dead cat, Persi, whose ashes are mixed in with the ink.

New tat #2: The Maya move tool. Something from the 3D animation program I use, and as such, the geekiest fucking tattoo I have ever gotten.

Contrary to popular opinion, getting a tattoo on the back of the neck is not painful at all. It hurts about as much as the outside upper arm does. Mainly because that part of your neck is rather leathery.

The times I really wince when I see a tat on someone is if they have ink on their throat. That's pretty fuckin' hard core.

Backpieces can be pretty brutal, too, depending on how large the piece is and where it is located. Anything over bone for me sucks pretty hard.

The other two places I have been told that are really painful are the elbow pit and the belly.

I go to Gotham in San Fran. My old bud Shadow did both of these.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 08:32:23 AM »
Cool tat of cat.   Nicely composed.

Your extremely dead cat? I thought dead pretty much covered it.