Author Topic: Just my opinion...  (Read 12341 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2006, 11:14:32 AM »
Your mom is a screaming nutjob. Do you have any idea how idiotic you sound? Your postings deserve just this kind of response.

Golly I never would have thought that an HLA apologist/staffer would need to resort to "your mom" jokes. I guess Len has hired on a new set of fourth graders to work at HLA.

Parents this is who you're supposed to trust your children with. People who whine and complain about how we have "hateful mindsets" and aren't interested in "honest discussion" yet when it comes right down to it, this is all they can respond with.

"Your mom" jokes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2006, 04:28:06 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Quote from: ""Guest""
FLCOWDUDE OR WHATEVER

who are you? werent you in 83? i was in 80 im just curious cause you sound like a fag.

Yeah....its amazing how to ed cons and parents they claim we arent interested in "honest discussion" meanwhile behind what they believe to be anonimity they behave like this.

Followed by claiming we are all disrespectful and angry.

Then again it just be a coincidence that all of these trolls have IP addresses connecting them to the areas between Dahlonega and Atlanta.

i wasnt trolling or whatever, i really was in pg 80. I really was curious since he said he got sent there for beating someone up, and as far as i remember everyone in 83 was a bitch haha

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2006, 04:54:16 PM »
Anything you say sport.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2006, 05:29:11 PM »
I wasn't sent to HLA for beating someone up...

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2006, 05:24:30 PM »
Just look back on this thread. There were no rude remarks made to Penal by me and he made a violent comment. Why can't you admit that sometimes posters are not given the same respect they show others and let everyone know that you do not support violent comments on this site?

I'll tell you what. Answer some of the outstanding questions regarding practices at HLA and I'll answer any question regarding our practices on here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:42 PM »
Okay.  List the questions and I will answer them.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »
Allright let's start with one of the more current questions.

Why does HLA claim to the state that they are a "Traditional Boarding School", where the primary purpose is education  yet advertise as a "Theraputic Boarding School" where the primary purpose is therapy?

Is the primary purpose of HLA education or therapy?

If it is therapy why then do they state otherwise?

If it is education why is therapy mandated for all students?

Why are all students diagnosed with ODD?

Why is a psych evaluation a required part of admission?

Are students still required to "fall out" on each other?

What is the value of this practice?

How are staff members with degrees in Theology or Criminal Justice qualified to work at HLA?

Are students still punished indefinitly until they acknowledge guilt of a crime?

Are there any students currently or in the recent past at HLA who did not need to be there?

Are there any students currently or in the recent past at HLA who needed a more restrictive enviroment?

Is "cookie cutter" therapy effective?

Has there ever been a suicide attempt at HLA?

Can you justify the "bonus" plan for us?

Under that system isn't a counselor under pressure to keep a child in place rather than advise early withdrawl even if the child is better?

I think that's a good start.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »
*crickets*

they don't like questions...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2006, 05:59:25 PM »
Okay... Here are you answers.
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Allright let's start with one of the more current questions.

Why does HLA claim to the state that they are a "Traditional Boarding School", where the primary purpose is education  yet advertise as a "Theraputic Boarding School" where the primary purpose is therapy?

***They are trying to get away with playing it both ways.  They want the benefits of both.  Obviously it is catching up with them.

Is the primary purpose of HLA education or therapy?
***Clearly the purpose of HLA is therapy.  HLA just looks stupid to say anything differently.  Yes they are a school that has a focus on academics, but their primary focus is most assuredly therapy.  What traditional school do you know of that offers eight hours of group therapy.  Again, they look foolish to claim anything differently.

If it is therapy why then do they state otherwise?
***I don't know what they gain from stating otherwise.  I gues it is so they don't have to follow the guidelines for therepeutic placements.

If it is education why is therapy mandated for all students?
***Education is not the main focus.

Why are all students diagnosed with ODD?
***This has always puzzled me.  Clearly all the students are not ODD.  I imagine this is just to make it easier in the insurance billing.
Really any kid can be diagnosed with this.  It is an easy diagnosis to asign.  How many teens are not ODD to some degree?

Why is a psych evaluation a required part of admission?
***Because they are a therapeutic school.

Are students still required to "fall out" on each other?
***Yes.

What is the value of this practice?
***The original intent of this practice was to keep the campus safe.  Students were to report knowledge of incidents that would possibly endager another student.  Sex, drugs, violence, running away.  What it turned in to was a time to tell EVERYTHING you know.  Doing fallout to find out who didn't take their shoes off when they entered the dorm is a waste of time, but some counselors do that.

How are staff members with degrees in Theology or Criminal Justice qualified to work at HLA?
***For the most part they are not.  I have seen a few that are actually pretty good counselors.  The vast majority are not qualified to do counseling with teens.

Are students still punished indefinitly until they acknowledge guilt of a crime?
***No.  HLA implemented time limits for restrictions a while ago.  Now students just bide their time until they get off.  Having said that I am sure there are students who will be able to give stories to the contrary.  

Are there any students currently or in the recent past at HLA who did not need to be there?
***Absolutely.   There are kids who are too severe to be there and students who are not severe enough to deserve to be there.

Are there any students currently or in the recent past at HLA who needed a more restrictive enviroment?
***Yes.
Is "cookie cutter" therapy effective?
***HLA's curriculum is actually pretty good.  I think it could benefit anyone.  Counselors who are strictly "by the book" however are not effective.  Within the curriculum you have to have the savvy to adjust to the individual needs of each student.

Has there ever been a suicide attempt at HLA?
***Yes.

Can you justify the "bonus" plan for us?
***No.  It is unethical.  Then again, there are no licensed therapists, so they don't really fall under the ethical guidelines of professional counselors.  Either way, it is a bad practice.

Under that system isn't a counselor under pressure to keep a child in place rather than advise early withdrawl even if the child is better?
***There is no specific pressure put on counselors to keep kids.  There is definitely an implied pressure with the bonus system.
I think that's a good start.

There you go.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2006, 07:28:24 PM »
I never thought I'd live to see the day.....

Well parents there you are honest answers about current issues going on at HLA.

If these dont raise your eyebrows at least nothing else will.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2006, 07:30:26 PM »
Would any of the current lapdog puppets care to even try to refute some of these claims?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2006, 09:27:29 PM »
i just wonder which lap dog puppet answered those questions...i wonder which one of them finally "got it"...good answers though, appreciate some honesty finally...
Robert...kinda caught YOU by surprise...i could see your jaw drop as i read the answers...like you said, never thought you would see the day!!!
AWESOME!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2006, 05:30:18 PM »
F. Lee.....Hunter.....Micheal......Slim?????

Can any of you respond to this slam dunk?

Is there any response at all?

Maybe he's just too busy being told what to say.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2007, 03:55:49 PM »
Is this typical of the treatment methods used at HLA?  Sternum rubs?  Your parents should have thrown you away?  Worthless little fucker?  

Quote from: ""FLCLcowdude""
I beat up someone and had to deal with Mark Keith... There is no excuse for "worthless little fucker" and "Why my parents should have thrown me away" and Why he should "rip off my head and shit down my throat"

Do you see my point? Good...

Quote from: ""Deborah""
Does the kid you described belong at HLA?
"Locks in socks" is a little more than ODD and low self-esteem. That isn't even hazing, it's assault with a deadly weapon.
They called those "sock parties" at my older son's military school- the one sued for abuse and lack of adequate adult supervision. And those hoodlums only used bar soap.

Are "sternum rubs" part of the non-traditional 'therapy' he provides? Or a new massage technique?
Now, that's an idea, nothing like a massage to melt tensions and frustration, to build closeness and trust. Perhaps they should add that to their 'therapeutic' techniques. I imagine that the majority of the kids there are touch deprived. If not before, certainly after they arrive. They could start by putting Keith in charge of the (((hug and rub))) team- every kid gets a minimum of 3 hugs a day, and a good firm foot rub while Keith spins Mt Ranger war tales, just like grandpa.

I disagree that the only way to reach an angry, hopeless kid is through physical and verbal assault. That's barbaric and antiquated thinking. Love and reasonable limits. Institutions can't provide the former, or the latter for that matter. It's like everyday is crisis management cause they're dealing with a bunch of anger kids warehoused and none of them getting their 'real' needs met.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
Another common 'threat' I've heard is: "I'll cut of your head and shit down your throat", or something like that.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700