Author Topic: Friendly reminder.  (Read 38656 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 08:43:01 AM »
Really TSW?
IZZY supports Sue Scheff, PURE.
And PURE refers children to known abusive PROGRAMS.

Izzy listed Sue Scheff as her "Advocate of the Month."

Izzy claims to be an Advocate, and does not even list Whitmore, which has closed down on her list.  Whitmore has an owner who accepted a Plea Bargain for child abuse.
Izzy lists other closed abusive Programs on her website.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 10:57:56 AM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
I am still trying to figure out how to get a copy of the WWASP movie hosted on a youtube style browers on a foriegn domain.

YouTube uses Flash, TSW; you'd basically have to make the entire thing into a Flash movie in order to do it the way they do it. Video streaming in general is difficult and expensive.

IMO it's easier and more efficient simply to have the whole thing as a download. Put it on everybody's hard drive and let samizdat distribution and file-sharing networks do their thing.

Offline 69

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
I would love to see the 90 minute version as well.. i only have the 53 minute copy. i love the ending where the kid paints the rocks with the statement that was written at the hobbit.. let freedom reign.. out in the open desert.. it was symbolic and very powerful. i really thought this movie was well done and cant wait to see the lengthier version. i emailed the sales company and they said email the producer so im waiting for a response...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 06:06:54 PM »
Well, I am pleased to announce to all references to Sue Scheff and CAICA no longer have a place on my website.

TSW - thank you for your support, and yes the massive archives of wwasp related materials at CAICA were my only motivation for her inclusion on my site. I'll get you a PM about those donation details if you're still interested in contributing, it's very much appreciated.

I'll admit that before I did my homework on all these other fake "ed-cons" I just wanted to get as many inbound links to my site (for search engine purposes) as I possibly could to increase my chances of my message being seen. I guess back then it didn't matter to me where the hits came from, but at this time, antiWWASP is starting to become much larger than I ever thought it would become, and no longer needs the extra traffic that comes in from CAICA's reciprocal links. The survivor's list (new kids wanting to pledge themselves against these programs) is increasing on average by about 5-7 kids a week, and I no longer need the support from these two groups. It's getting pretty exciting.

Due to the response received here which asked questions of my personal integrity, I re-analyed the situation and decided that your criticism was useful in determining what I ultimately want the message of my site as a whole to reflect.

Sue scheff, Pure, as well as CAICA will no longer be a part of antiWWASP.com. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am ALWAYS open to the kinds of questions and criticism I received earlier, and will continue to field requests to make the site more appropriate and focused on what I believe we're all trying to achieve.

Please be patient as there are about 30 individual html files to scan with various links inserted in each, the main visible links have already been removed and the adsense ads filtered (could take 24 hours to keep them out of ad-rotation).

I hope that now, everyone who has been following this thread can put all their greivances aside and tell people nothing but good things about antiwwasp.com in the future.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 06:15:40 PM »
BTW - To everyone who clicked through my adsense links searching out the evil which you seek to destroy and keep off my website, you also made me a pretty penny in the process, so thank you for your unknown contributions. :wink:

It's kind of like way back when all those parents bought Eminem's cd just to pile them up and smash them and burn them and such because they hated his message, he was loving it, and so was his record company.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 06:50:53 PM »
Please be patient as there are about 30 individual html files to scan with various links inserted in each

grep www.caica.org *

sed s/www.caica.org//g

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »
Kev, can you send me a private message?
Need your address, too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 11:00:47 PM »
Joyce - Thank you for your support, you have a PM waiting.

MGDP - I don't undertand what your talking about, could you clarify what you meant in that last post?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2007, 01:40:07 AM »
Don't tempt me. If I didn't have that part of my brain worn out from that massive MSTing on the HLA board, I really would make this post in Engrish.

Grep is a UNIX command that finds all instances of a phrase in various files. Using it like I put it will find all instances of www.caica.org in the directory.

Sed is another UNIX command used to replace something with another thing. Using it like I put it will replace all instances of www.caica.org with nothing. (You wouldn't actually do it that way, it was just an example. In reality you'd probably just use grep and manually edit the different, particular URLs out).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 01:44:05 AM »
Or could i could just keep it simple and use dreamweaver's batch edit commands? I know nothing of even simple programming languages outside of css and html. not even java.... im a pathetic freelancer that needs to go back to school (very soon too), my design talent is up there, but my technical skill leaves something to be desired...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 01:48:20 AM »
I've never touched Dreamweaver and don't think I ever will.

Windows Grep (google for it) will do the job in a user-friendly way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 11:34:26 AM »
Is your site down? It wont connect.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »
Its up for me at 1:54PM Pacific Time right now on Jan 6th. And has been all morning, I did have someone from my forums having trouble logging on yesterday so it could have been a server problem or maintenance of some kind.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »
I guess I'm confused.

What's up with the ad prominently displayed on the homepage of anti-wwasps for a website called teenshelp.us?

Excerpt from Teenshelp.us

TeensHelp.us is a tool to help parents like you find legitimate treatment solutions for your adolescent. We have been reviewing various schools since 2002 and have extensive knowledge of what you are going through as a parent, as well as what may be right for your son/daughter. The schools listed on this website come recommended by former parents and teens before being displayed. Please browse through our helpful Teen Help resources to guide your family out of dysfunction. We can help you make an informed decision regarding placement of your teen. Once you've registered you'll be able to get information about schools in your area.
--------------

So who is "WE"?  

http://http://www.teenshelp.us/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Friendly reminder.
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 02:03:07 PM »
Nice touch, having people register in order to get "referrals" in their area.

Again, I ask, who is "we"?  These nameless people who have been helping provide resources for parents since 2002?