Author Topic: Ivy Ridge Academy accreditation rejected  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ivy Ridge Academy accreditation rejected
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »
http://www.newswatch50.com/news/local/s ... 4F33F1698E

12/1/06

The Academy at Ivy Ridge will not be allowed to resume issuing high school diplomas.

The State Education Department has rejected the Academy's application, according to stories Friday in St. Lawrence County newspapers and The Watertown Times.

A letter from the State Education Department to Ivy Ridge quoted in the Watertown Times says, "The Department's review revealed that AIR is principally a behavior modification program and not a school..."

Ivy Ridge Director Jason Finlinson is quoted as saying he was blindsided by the letter.

Earlier, an investigation by State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer found that the Academy was issuing bogus diplomas. Ivy Ridge agreed to reimburse affected families more than $1 million.

Since then the Academy's enrollment has dropped sharply as it has been unable to offer prospective clients the chance to graduate from high school.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:35:17 PM »
A letter from the State Education Department to Ivy Ridge quoted in the Watertown Times says, "The Department's review revealed that AIR is principally a behavior modification program and not a school..."

::cheers:: About time someone noticed!!
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:19:07 AM »
That's what happens when you put a program in a politically progressive state like NY or CA, WWASPS knows this. Look where they are opening up there new ones (think about that before celebrating) Arizona, Utah, Montana, Nevada. No rising political star AG's vying for press there, just the good ol' boys who probably own programs themselves. Ivy Ridge is an easy victory. When programs start getting shut down in Utah, then I'll break open the wine.

Offline LiLHaNnA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 01:37:27 AM »
i was in ivy ridge .. recently got out a year ago, they werent accreddited then either, but good thing they got rejected altogether. i had to get my GED wen i came home , even though i technically graduated high school at Ivy Ridge. it was ridiculous

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 01:41:18 AM »
Hope your parents part of the lawsuit that revolved around this issue of false accreditation.

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 12:52:25 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
That's what happens when you put a program in a politically progressive state like NY or CA, WWASPS knows this. Look where they are opening up there new ones (think about that before celebrating) Arizona, Utah, Montana, Nevada. No rising political star AG's vying for press there, just the good ol' boys who probably own programs themselves. Ivy Ridge is an easy victory. When programs start getting shut down in Utah, then I'll break open the wine.

Most definitely... i'll join you on that wine when that happens which will be a fucking cold day in hell.  though, just the same it is a semi small victory over the battle... but the war is still raging on full steam ahead.

Additionally, just because the school isnt accredited doesnt mean that it will shut down.  Its likely to continue touting some form of "therapy" which will be misconstrued as being accredited.  therefore students will still be "sent" there.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 02:34:58 PM »
Since they were labeled as a "behavior modification program" wouldn't they have to be licensed as a medical facility or something?

Wouldn't this label open them up for malpractice lawsuits?