Author Topic: Has anyone noticed?  (Read 6003 times)

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »
You say you can't change the past, but you can change the effects of the past.

"Dwelling" was one of the things Straightlings were against.  I'm all for dwelling.  Dwelling just means there is some solution somewhere and it is taking time to figure it out.

It's an adventure of the mind.  They created mental mazes for us to work our ways out of.  This board and some others are like the collaboration of freedom fighters who must conquer the maze.  Unfortunately, we can't unite on one strategy because the maze is different in each mind.  Each of us has to be an army of one while remaining on the same side of the war somehow.

David
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »
Also still watching, but overall kind of disgusted. Am so glad to have found you, Cile, and will forever be grateful to this site for reconnecting with you. Definitely have missed seeing posts from folks like Tampa Survivor--hope you and your kids are doing well and that you're liking your new job.
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2003, 04:49:00 PM »
Oh Man, JDavid! I almost understood this earlier today then lost that train of thought and picked up another.

Yeah, we learn from our history. In fact, there's no other guide but history.

"No dwelling" was just one more code phrase for "don't think". Don't bring the context of the past into the current situation. It doesn't matter, you were crazy up until the moment you started flapping your arms like a seagull on acid anyway, so there's no sense in trying to reason anything out. Just do and believe as you're instructed and be goddamned happy about it or else!

Cops; you wake `em up you gotta dance with `em. They lead.
-- Jack McNulty

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2003, 06:26:00 PM »
Hiya Kris, Bill, Gin, Clay, Carmel, and all of you fine everybodies! I cannot tell you all how thankful that I am that you have responded.......See, I knew that somewhere out there was a group of fine, feathered, friendly folks!! ::kiss::
Ya know, I am not one to start quoting shit on here, BUT, I feel the need to say just one thing...well it may turn into two or three......but here it goes!

The Dalai Lama on suffering and pain:
"all too often we perpetuate our pain, keep it alive, and replay our hurts over and over again in our minds, magnifing our injustices in the process. We repeat our painful memories with the unconscious wish that somehow it will change the situation-but it never does. Our unhappiness continues to endure. It feeds hatred. We may even add to our pain and suffering by being overly sensitive, overreacting to minor things, taking things too personally. We tend to blow things out of proportion and remain indifferent to the really important things. If you continue to suffer, perhaps it is dependent on how you respond to a situation or person. If you respond negatively to all situations, you yourself destroy your own peace of mind. On the other hand, if you refrain from reacting in a negative way, let the slander pass you by as if it were a silent wind, you protect yourself from that feeling of hurt and despair. So, although you may not always be able to avoid difficult situations, you can modify the extent to which you suffer by how you choose to respond to the situation."
Thanks everybody, it has made my day to see you all again!
Majik
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline Powerful Attitude

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2003, 01:49:00 AM »
v3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, (f) but in humility consider others better than yourselves. (g)  v4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Philipians 2:3-4

(f) references Galatians 5:26
(g) references 1 Peter 5:5

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.  Philipians 4:8

I fall short sometimes, but I am so thankful that Jesus came to help me see and understand the way things should be.  

P.A.
t. Petersburg 1985-86, Dallas 86-87

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2003, 01:54:00 AM »
Well well, there still is intelligent life at fornits I see!!
Good to hear I must say.  I had found myself busy with life and bored with the board, but this post has been nice to catch.  
Kris, the kids are well, except one is recovering from  fx femur, fib and tib(yeah, ouch, but fortunately no external fixators!)and I love my job.  You know that taking report on 4 or 5 patients, all with  more than one triple lumen usually equals one busy assed RN day...
My email is [email protected] for any blowing through Tampa or local who want to get together.  
Take care
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2003, 02:01:00 AM »
HELLO BRAINWAVE>>>
<>>
This is not nice.
A nice philisopical message is fine.
Lots nice stuff in that bible.
I wonder if you hold other sacred books' philosophy so highly?  I hope so.  Lets talk about it....
IN ITS OWN THREAD!!!!!!!
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »
It did have to do with the thread. That's what I had to say. It has a good message.
 :wink:

[ This Message was edited by: Morli on 2003-04-05 16:14 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2003, 02:37:00 AM »

On 2003-04-04 23:01:00, Tampa survivor wrote:

"HELLO BRAINWAVE>>>

I will not follow man, nor will I let any person rule me. I will not look to A MAN to save or too heal, nor will I fall to my knee and give worship to dead men. Those wise men who claim to be powerful in their own knowledge. Nor will I fall down to the stalk or stone, something you made with your own hands, if it falls who is there to pick the idol up? The stars and the universe I will not worship because these things were made by ONE. I will not follow the world either because it is lost. I will listen to what the spirit has to say and submit only my will to him. He is my teacher and my Father.

You pick a thread and I will see you there Survivor.

P.A.

Offline Powerful Attitude

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2003, 02:48:00 AM »
On 2003-04-04 23:10:00, Morli wrote:
"It did have to do with the thread. That's what I had to say. It has a good message.
No, I do not read the bible. Sorry.
Why do you have a beef with me?"

Morli, don't have any beef with you. Sorry if that wasn't to me. Simple was a joke.

P.A.
t. Petersburg 1985-86, Dallas 86-87

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »
This is a dark, scary place. Need to...find my...happy place.

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2003, 08:25:00 AM »
Then why don't you pull your head outta your butt! :wave:

If you registered I could e-mail you and we could get together and "Do Lunch" and drink lots of expresso and talk real fast about how it's wrong to Nuke Gay Baby Whales in the name of Jesus!
We walked in darkness, kept hitting the walls
I took the time to feel for the door
I had been treated, but what the hell for?

[ This Message was edited by: 85 Day Jerk on 2003-04-05 05:30 ]
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Majiktrvls

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2003, 10:26:00 AM »
Hey, Bill, Bob, and anyone else in the Tampa/ST Pete/Clearwater Area..........
I will be hanging out on Clearwater Beach in July! Perhaps we should all get together at Crabby Bill's Crab Shack at the Marina and drink a few Rum Runners and eat some oysters together. Whatchya think?
The New Definition of BITCH....Babe In Total Control of Herself!!

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2003, 11:09:00 AM »
This would be a wonderful thing. I would surely like to meet with ya'll. Straight has been a major influential in my life. It maybe has led me to go down some bad roads. None the less I blame no one but me. Thankyou for the invitation. Maybe this would be a good thing. Always in the name of peace. I would like to meet up with some of ya'll.  Jeff

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed?
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »
I should "be honest about [myself] before I place others into the rotten apple/bad people etc. category?" And "Don't pull the wool over people's eyes?" - I'm not sure why my comment about bad apples offends you, Earnshaw, unless, of course, you think it applies to you? After all, you ARE one of the people who bullies others and RAGES against things you disagree with through personal attacks. For example, this is the SECOND time you posted a slander about me publicly. I'm not sure what your problem is with me, Bill, but this board isn't your personal forum to "RAGE" on posts you don't agree with, anymore than it's your place to tell me to "be honest" with myself when you don't even know me at all! Cease and desist with your hostility toward me Earnshaw. If you don't like me - too freaking bad. I'm not here for your approval. I was here before you and you CAN'T chase me away - no matter how diligently you work to spread lies and rumors about me - I'm not going anywhere! Greater is He that is within me! No weapon formed against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror! And YOU shall be my footstool, Earnshaw. In the name of Jesus! Can I have a witness? - Leigh Bright