Author Topic: I am very confused right now.  (Read 7120 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I am very confused right now.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 02:35:22 PM »
Satirical, yes. What of it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »
The BSarro troll was a satirical troll. Extremely satirical.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 03:28:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Milk Gargling Death Penalty""
The words you're looking for are "willful blindness".
I can't agree Milk, some parents will send their kids anywhere just to get some peace & quiet ( even they can't be blamed when you think what they have to go through) but getting past that, I believe most parents send their kids away because they honestly believe they are doing the best thing for not only the child concerned but for the rest of the family too - I don't believe there are a lot of parents who'll send their child into a harmful situation with the full knowledge they are doing so

Offline jnzmom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 03:42:36 PM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
I don't believe there are a lot of parents who'll send their child into a harmful situation with the full knowledge they are doing so

I agree

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »
Quote from: ""jnzmom""
I don't believe there are a lot of parents who'll send their child into a harmful situation with the full knowledge they are doing so

I agree

Depends...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 06:56:56 PM »
Quote from: ""jnzmom""

I agree

Does it make it any less worse to those it is inflicted upon?

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 08:23:39 PM »
No it doesn't make it any less worse, let's not trivilise it, any abuse is unnacceptable......but the fact still remains that it's rare for a parent to put their kids in danger or in an abusive situation knowing full well that's what they are doing, they are doing it because they truly believe their kids will get help

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 08:28:02 PM »
I agree this is true with some parents. But some programs, like WWASPS, are very parent involved. They come back to the facilities in groups every couple months and staff the seminars. They are required to attend seminars themselves. They might go into it with good intentions, but over time some of them are changed, significantly. They become zelouts who start trying to send other kids, who embrace the jargon and bullshit seminar "tools" and use it like a new religion. When one kid graduates after a couple years and they sucked all they can out of the experience they send their younger kid. Afterall, any kid could benefit from the program. (or so some of them say) I am not saying this is every parent. But it can be if they are not careful. It happens slowly, but after a certain point they become part of the cult and you can no longer reach them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 08:46:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Depends...

Like I said... it depends...

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 08:49:13 PM »
I agree this is true with some parents. But some programs, like WWASPS, are very parent involved. They come back to the facilities in groups every couple months and staff the seminars. They are required to attend seminars themselves. They might go into it with good intentions, but over time some of them are changed, significantly. They become zelouts who start trying to send other kids, who embrace the jargon and bullshit seminar "tools" and use it like a new religion. When one kid graduates after a couple years and they sucked all they can out of the experience they send their younger kid. Afterall, any kid could benefit from the program. (or so some of them say) I am not saying this is every parent. But it can be if they are not careful. It happens slowly, but after a certain point they become part of the cult and you can no longer reach them.
Ok that's a pretty chilling post .... can't someone set up an organisation to kidnap these kids back out of abusive programs, after all it seems so unregukated there I don't suppose anyone would take much notice of it all

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 10:05:09 PM »
Anon is right about the WWAPS parents and how a significant number of them could be described as "fully baked".  Exhausted, you need to do some research on the effects of large group awareness training (LGAT).  That's what these seminars are all about.  The parents (legion of faithful) develop a near religious affectation for the omnipotent program.  Rounding up new recruits is heavily encouraged, even rewarded with cash payments or tuition credits.  What's a few thousand bucks out of the program's pocket to snag a $50k a year kid?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 10:08:40 PM »
Ok that's a pretty chilling post .... can't someone set up an organisation to kidnap these kids back out of abusive programs, after all it seems so unregukated there I don't suppose anyone would take much notice of it all

Most programs tend to donate big bucks to politicians and chum it up with social services. Its easy to discredit 'bad druggie kids' so nobody listens to them and if a few people turn the other way then the entire system basically breaks down.

As far as fly by night "liberation" (ah, something America is OH so good at...) it's happened before and it will happen again... I've heard all kinds of rumors about Samoa, but I don't put much stock in rumors.

Just watch what you say or you might end up getting interrogated just like a program kid for your terroristic acts there, exhausted  :roll:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 10:09:56 PM »
Guest, pardon me for being an ostrich on this one, i really don't want to know...i've just seen a film on TB and I now have to sleep after seeing that  :(

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2006, 10:28:56 PM »
i've just seen a film on TB and I now have to sleep

Good fucking luck.

You want some nightmares with that?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2006, 11:37:15 PM »
Guest, pardon me for being an ostrich on this one, i really don't want to know...i've just seen a film on TB and I now have to sleep after seeing that  :(

The fetal position helps... so does a big pillow to squeeze on.

Welcome to fornits.  :cry: it sucks some days but at least if we figure out how, we can see the end of this.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."