Author Topic: Moral clarity  (Read 8433 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Moral clarity
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2006, 09:14:50 PM »
Personally I'd love for someone to be able to implant something in my brain and take away all bad memories, fears, worries from the past and present if it made me more stable & happier in myself

Be extremely careful what you wish for.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
Moral clarity
« Reply #91 on: December 25, 2006, 09:29:57 PM »
because it would be like saying you wish someone to have altzeimer's so they do not have to suffer knowing the truth.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Moral clarity
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2006, 09:38:35 PM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
So the kid in question has survived the program and is doing well in life....does it matter wether they in that state of mind because they have been programmed to believe it or wether it is fact or not?

Although i tried to make the example as generic as possible, i did base it partially on somebody i know.  To answer your question about the kid in question... i will be as vague as possable:

Does it matter how?  Staff told this girl she looked like a boy and forced her to change her dress habits.  They tried to primp her up. (i imagine her parents complained about it).  They made her sing "santa baby" in a skimpy santa outfit in front of everybody at the christmas party.  She did NOT want to do that.

She was sent to program for depression and some compulsive behaviours.  She had never tried drugs.  She was a virgin.  She didn't smoke.  She didn't drink...

The person in question who "survived" the program ended up on the streets, (parents wouldn't take her back when she ran away).  With nothing else to lose, she turned to meth, and got heavy into it.  After several years, she decided to go into the army to get clean.  It worked.

Did she have to go through that?  do the ends justify the means?  I keep telling myself there are no stupid questions... but "does it matter wether they in that state of mind because they have been programmed to believe it or wether it is fact or not?" pushes the envelope.  No offense.  But i think you see my point.

It is an issue of free will.  An issue of reality. An issue of whether I am talking to the friend I knew, or a shell running a program.  You seem to forget that the program works by obliterating your self concept, overwriting it with an entirely different identity.  It's essentially psychic murder...  a hijacking. a burglery, a violation of the mind, a mind rape, a mind fuck.  You see why the term is used here so much?

Personally I'd love for someone to be able to implant something in my brain and take away all bad memories, fears, worries from the past and present if it made me more stable & happier in myself

Be careful what you wish for.  Are you sure you would want to give up your free will.... let somebody into your mind to tinker with things.

Here's what you can do, and what you are obligated to do:  As a survivor, you bear witness for those who cannot speak for themselves.  It might be different if the things that happen in programs today were no longer happening but i see it like this:  If you know about abuse, and you do nothing to prevent it from happening again and again, you are as culpable as the abusers themselves.

Take your pain, and turn in into something positive, use your knowledge and experience of what happened to you to make sure it doesn't happen to others.

If you can't forget, it is for a reason...
If you choose to ignore,  it is selfish...

I'm not suggesting abuse makes it okay to get the end result before y'all start jumping all over me, I'm saying, if they truly believe they have been helped and are happy, then why not let them think that?

Whoops.  should have read the whole message... shit.  well.

Why?  Like i said above.  It is an issue of personal identity and truth.  Running a program is not living.. and I don't like seeing my friends into such a computerized state.

"I'd rather be a free man in my grave
than living as a puppet or a slave" - Bob Dylan (i think)
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Moral clarity
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
"cuss words" (can't you say CURSE? You're a teacher!! anyway...)

This has a Biblical origin.  Somewhere in the old testiment (i forget where) it says not to "curse" so people that take the bible literally ( :silly: ) believe that even the word "curse" should not be uttered.  Of course the definition, context, etc.... were all different but ...

I know this because i grew up in and around a lot of fundies and was corrected on many occasions for not saying "cuss" instead of "curse".  I got a good long lecture when i blurted out "asshole" one time.  It's probably good I never learned the F word until i was 11. (homeschooled)

Oh, I know the biblical origin... that's why I wish they would say CURSE instead of 'cuss'!

At any rate, I curse like a fuckin' sailor, so I don't care if they tell me to watch my god-damned mouth. Well, that and PEN AND TELLER debunked the whole 'watch your mouth' twits who get all pissed off becuase of a subjective auditory emission  :rofl:

To me, using 'foul language' is not bad. To be malicious or mean to another person or degrading is bad. Tearing someone down without a curse word is not good! And I can say "happy fucking birthday" and not be mean!

But I'm getting off topic at any rate... and I HATE loaded language. Speak what you mean, dammit.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Moral clarity
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2006, 10:54:49 PM »
They made her sing "santa baby" in a skimpy santa outfit in front of everybody at the christmas party. She did NOT want to do that.

That in a nutshell (IMHO...) is a program's idea of 'therapy' and 'emotional growth' in a nutshell, it seems to me.

Lets all face it dramatically and all have a sobfest afterwards and have lots and lots of humiliation! This is also a good example of how these places can be so abusive without even needing to hit anyone.

BTW, how did the rest of that party go?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."