Author Topic: TB Mom's Thread: Split from Experiences  (Read 22311 times)

Offline 69

• View Profile
TB Mom's Thread: Split from Experiences
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 09:33:09 AM »
JNZMOM:
When you get back I'd be interested to hear your side of the story and what happened and how staff reacted, etc. I know other parents will find this information very useful. I would be curious to know what signs or signals was it that starting to bring up red flags in your mind, and led you to this decision to pull your son out. This would help in the future conversation with parents of kids in programs. Good luck getting your son out, I hope they don't put up too much of a hassle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline jnzmom

• View Profile
Troll?
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 01:18:56 PM »
Quote from: "Milk Gargling Death Penal

Damn, you had me going there for a while.

[troll10

You lost me there.

Offline jnzmom

• View Profile
Monday
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 09:56:13 PM »
I am picking my son up tomorrow evening after I fly into Jamaica.  We are then are spending the weekend in Jamaica at a resort until Monday.  We will be back then.  I will post what happened while pulling him plus find out from him and also let you know how this came to be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 12:42:10 AM »
::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::cheers::  ::drummer::  ::drummer::  ::drummer::  ::drummer::  ::drummer::  ::kiss::

Offline jnzmom

• View Profile
Josh is out
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 10:47:55 PM »
I am sitting right now at a resort very close to TB.  My son is in the next bed watching TV for the first time in 8mths.  We did not get in to Treasure Beach till after dark.  We checked in and drove straight to the school.  No problems.  They checked my ID and made some phone calls and Josh came down.  He did not know I was coming.  It was an emotional experience.  All evening though, he asked me permission to sit, stand, wear his hat, fold his clothes, etc.  I am sure its a huge shock to him to be able to be normal.  He asked to walk around the resort alone for a bit, since he hasnt been alone in a long time.   It will take some time.  He has told me alot of things.  I told him about this site, and he is willing to share his experiences.

Thanks!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 11:13:18 PM »
The troll meter was a way of saying "I don't believe you." We get a lot of false people on this site. I'm now going to treat you as if you're real, whether you are or not.

The harsh reality is this: Once it wears off, once your son realizes he's out of there and not going back, the odds are that he's not going to be grateful you pulled him out. It's quite likely that he's going to fiercely hate you for sending him there in the first place. Your relationship might be irreparably damaged. There's not going to be any blue skies or sunshine for a very, very long time.

I strongly recommend you find him a real therapist as soon as possible, and document everything in case you decide to file a lawsuit.

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 12:02:53 AM »
I'm glad he's out of the facility.  I would agree with getting him to a licenced therapist to begin the healing process.  I dont think he will hate your guts per-say though.  How long was he at TB?

eta saw that he was there 8 months... how did you come to the conclusion you needed to pull him out? and why the heck did you wait so long?? or what tipped you off to the conditions at TB?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Josh is out
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 12:18:35 PM »
Quote from: ""jnzmom""
I am sitting right now at a resort very close to TB.  My son is in the next bed watching TV for the first time in 8mths.  We did not get in to Treasure Beach till after dark.  We checked in and drove straight to the school.  No problems.  They checked my ID and made some phone calls and Josh came down.  He did not know I was coming.  It was an emotional experience.  All evening though, he asked me permission to sit, stand, wear his hat, fold his clothes, etc.  I am sure its a huge shock to him to be able to be normal.  He asked to walk around the resort alone for a bit, since he hasnt been alone in a long time.   It will take some time.  He has told me alot of things.  I told him about this site, and he is willing to share his experiences.

Thanks!!!!!

Damn, more good news.  This is fantastic.  Good luck to you both.  It'll take some time but whatever happens, he'll always know that you pulled him out.  If my parents had done that it would have made all the difference in the world.  I just spoke to my father for the first time in about 6 years on Monday.  We've had a horrible relationship since I got out over 20 years ago and it's taken this long for us to try and make a new start.  If  my parents had pulled me out of there not only would the damage have been less in terms of the time I spent there and what I saw and endured, but to know that they realized they were wrong and took action to correct it, well...I can't begin to tell you how differently my life would have turned out.  

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the holidays.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 05:38:09 PM »
I think we being played. Whoever you are pretending to be program parents you really got to do a better job. It's still too obvious.

Offline jnzmom

• View Profile
Too Obvious?
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 11:18:05 PM »
I am gettting the feeling there are some that dont believe me.  However, I am so proud of my son who I just pulled from TB.  There was a parent here that wanted to bring home their son, she is staying at our hotel.   Josh sat and talked with her for over an hour.  He told the truth.  She called her husband and he is calling and if that doesnt help him come home, he is flying down to pull their son.  They believed my son and Josh confirmed things that their son was saying. Plus he showed his scabs. So I came to pull one child, my son, and now two are going home.   I also am taking him to the dr as soon as we are in the US.  I think he has scabies and I took pictures just in case.  There is more that I will share when I get home.   So if you dont believe me..... well that is your opinion and I cant change your mind if that is how you feel.    I am for real.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 11:56:34 PM »
Of course you are for real. Why would we think it suspicious for a parent to concern themselves with a forum they first found two days ago during such an ordeal.  Please. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 11:57:29 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
Jnzmom.. I believe you. Keep at it. Get your boy home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 11:59:48 PM »
What family was Josh in? What seminars had he completed already? Did you already attend the parent seminar? Why did it take you eight months to google tranquility bay?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 12:00:57 AM »
Why did it take you eight months to google tranquility bay?

I have got to put this permanently on the site somewhere.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2006, 12:03:38 AM »
There was a parent here that wanted to bring home their son, she is staying at our hotel. Josh sat and talked with her for over an hour. He told the truth. She called her husband and he is calling and if that doesnt help him come home, he is flying down to pull their son.

This makes no sense. You picked up your son all by yourself, as a mother. So why can't the other mom do the same thing? What would a call from the husband do, why is she waiting around the hotel talking to your son when she can just drive over and pick up her kid? This makes no sense.