Author Topic: Father and son WC  (Read 13542 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 11:23:53 PM »
Send him to me for half the price that the program you were considering. No, seriously.

What? You don't trust me?

Then why the hell would you trust them?

Listen, this kind of shit is common between teenagers and their parents. Most parents aren't stupid enough to consider sending their kids away for it. It doesn't work and it makes the problem worse.

Get him on this forum and let him talk to me for a while. I'll tell him how to set you straight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Re: Many good questions.
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 12:34:46 AM »
Quote from: ""Badad""
I need to let the little things slide for now and hope he stays out of trouble. And spend more time with him. And its not easy hiding who I am Oz girl..
 We had some quality time when Mom left for a while.

Thanks all.

Who you are is Who you are but you need to stop being so down on yourself. Otherwise the boy will pick up on it!! Everybody has good and bad points. You hold down a job. This kids mother was willing to produce the boy with you so you are obviously not completely devoid of charm! You love your son. So it may be an idea to work on your level of self esteem. i am not naive enough to suggest that this will make things perfect but it must be hard for the boy to respect a man who thinks so little of himself.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 12:57:59 AM »
Go build and race a sportscar and take turns.

I sure as fuck wish I could do that with my dad, but then again, I don't have one. Just an enemy.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 03:06:30 PM »
alcohol should be used to fuel the race car.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Badad

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 07:36:19 PM »
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
You do realize he's being an emotional teenager and I want you to play the role of a intellectual adult, right?  :wink:

Yes I hear you.  
  But I suffer from depression.  Especially during these cold months. Talking with you people helps.  Allot
  I worry about money allot.  My wife just started working and our retirement plan didn't exist until just recently.  Our financial future looks bleak for us now that Im sober and thinking about the things Iv ignored for most of my life. So Im on this saving money kick now.  I cant have fun doing special things with my family cuz " It costs to much"  So then I feel guilty for not...
building and racing a sportscar.

Even though I prolly could afford it.

But Im still not done with my fixer-upper. So Im stuck in this material world when I should be more concerned with my family.
 Again.. If we made good money I could afford to pay someone to do my roof, windows, siding,furnace A/C and interior. But since I screwed up and ended up a blue collar idiot.  Thats how I feel.

My son was the last in the very long line of people who have beat on me.
But I will try to work on my self esteem Oz Girl.

Oh..  My wife would kick my ass if I had a beer.  Because I have a hard time drinking only one.

Milk.. Funny thing is.  I do trust you. And most of you as well.

Im trying to talk my son into posting here and talking.  What forum should he start in where you kind people would talk to him?

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 11:21:10 PM »

But Im still not done with my fixer-upper. So Im stuck in this material world when I should be more concerned with my family.
 Again.. If we made good money I could afford to pay someone to do my roof, windows, siding,furnace A/C and interior. But since I screwed up and ended up a blue collar idiot.  Thats how I feel.

I always find the term blue collar slob or blue collar idiot somewhat oxymoronic. When my loo breaks and water sprays everywhere i dont know what to do. So i call a plummer. he has the knowldge and expertise to fix the problem and the level of work ethic that makes him willing to stick his hand into a lavatory while I jump around screaming like a girl. This does not seem to me like a man who is either idiotic or lazy :D
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »
I'm a genius without a college education.

Offline grapeape

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 12:59:01 AM »
First of all even though the house is taking a lot of work at least you own it free and clear and that's saying a lot in this day and age where people are in hock up to their eyeballs; where one thing goes wrong and the whole house of cards falls down. That was a smart thing to do because at least you will always have a place to live.
You have to stop putting yourself down.  Not just because your son picks up on it and can manipulate you with it but because when you put yourself down you are putting him down.  Believe it or not he does look up to you even though he would never admit it.  When you put yourself down as a parent you are telling him that the end product, that is, your son, is defective.  If you are failure as a parent then he is a failure as a son.  STOP IT!  Try finding something about him you really like and respect.  Find something about yourself you like and respect then try to convey how glad you are to be his father and emphasise whatever you can that makes you feel like a success as a parent.  Don't be phony cuz he'll smell it a mile away and it won't work.  Be genuine.  Stop beating yourself up and be the father you want to be; don't try to make him be the son you want him to be.  Let him know you are on his side, right or wrong (that doesn't mean you won't condone wrong, just that you will still be on his side).  Good luck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »
What forum should he start in where you kind people would talk to him?

The main forum is usually the best place to start. Fornits is such a brutally nasty place that it sounds like he'd fit in immediately.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 01:17:28 PM »
But I suffer from depression.  Especially during these cold months. Talking with you people helps.  Allot

Get yourself some cod liver oil. Yeh, sounds nasty, but the one I take is emulsified and flavored with peppermint. It will work in a matter of days. May not need it when you're getting adequate exposure to sun, but then you could switch to regular fish oil or something with Omega 3s. Might also help with the past results of abuse of alcohol.

Get that son onboard to help with some of those repairs. It could be a good way to vent some frustration, and if you're a respectful in your leadership with him, he could learn some valuable skills.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Badad

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 08:54:44 PM »
Iv been on fish oil for many years.  I was taking 4000 mg Omega mood (high epa)by country life but ran out and am taking now foods omega 3 now.  I need to order more soon and its the best time to ship it now in cold weather. I ask my family take it also but they dont always unless I remind them.  Grass feed beef from my dads farm.  Organic eggs from my buddies farm.  Real whole grain bread and pasta.  But the fruits and veggies could be more.   I ride my bike rain or snow to work so I dont drive or do the shopping and its tough getting the good foods.

I dont mind working on toilets. I like to, no, love to work with my hands. Keeps me in shape. But it doesn't pay well.  Cutting and splitting my firewood in the fall is one of my most favorite things to do with my dad.  But my kids hate it.  They would rather play video games all day.  I cut , split and stack a seasons worth of fire wood and its like pulling teeth to get them to bring it inside as we burn it.

I will remember what most of you said and work harder on my self esteem.  I wish my family would say what you people have said.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 09:01:10 PM »
Tell them they get to attack things with sharp objects.

Offline *jane*

• View Profile
Father and son WC
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 01:59:39 AM »
Wanting to clean and knowing why you should is better and ultimately more effective than coercing it.

I think you know why.

If its arbitrary, its bullshit... if its meaningful (like picking up shit that is dangerous, frail, or valuable, or removing old clothes and food for sanitation) then they'll learn it and practice it.

MY room is messy and I'd hit you in the face with a dowel rod if you touched my shit, but it doesn't stink!

I agree....pick your battles. If he's as out of control as you make him sound and what, 14 or so years old, I would focus on the other things. You may want to try getting him to talk about what he is so angry about. Why does he get mad? What does he want out of you and your wife? Start a dialogue and dont focus on the small things like cleaning his room. It's probably too late for that.