Author Topic: I can Identify...  (Read 1716 times)

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:56:21 AM »
My boys do this every year and yes it makes me really sad when I've tried to provide a nice Xmas for them, but calling the police???

What I do identify with is this
"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

She said he has shoplifted, stolen money from her, punched a police officer and is nearing expulsion from school. She told the paper that she hopes this arrest will be a wake-up call for her son, because she worries about getting a call someday telling her he's been killed.

Child Arrested After Opening Holiday Gift Early
December 5, 2006
What is the penalty for opening your Christmas presents too early?

For one South Carolina 12-year-old, the penalty was arrest.

A Rock Hill, S.C., woman called police and asked them to arrest her son who opened a Christmas present early after being told not to, the Rock Hill Herald reported. Police went to the house and arrested the boy and charged him with petty larceny.

The paper reported that the boy's great-grandmother had specifically told him not to open his present, which contained a Nintendo Game Boy Advance. It was wrapped and lying under the Christmas tree, the police report stated.

But on Sunday morning, the gift was unwrapped and the box was empty. So when the boy's mother found out, she alerted police, the paper reported.

"He took it without permission. He wanted it. He just took it," the 63-year-old great-grandmother told the Herald.

The women said that the boy lied to them at first, saying he was unaware of where the video game system was. After threat of calling the police, the boy apparently gave the toy back to his mother, the paper reported. But the upset mother called police anyway.

Two officers responded and charged the child as a juvenile with petty larceny, although he was not jailed.

The mother told the Herald that she didn't know what else to do with her son, so she called police. The paper reported she is a single mother and has been struggling with constant behavior problems from the boy. She said her son still showed no remorse when the police came.

"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

She said he has shoplifted, stolen money from her, punched a police officer and is nearing expulsion from school. She told the paper that she hopes this arrest will be a wake-up call for her son, because she worries about getting a call someday telling her he's been killed.

The mother plans to have her son placed with the state Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia at his court appearance, the Herald reported.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=20911

The survey results are interesting
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 11:08:53 AM »
Quit giving them christmas presents?  :-?

Involving "the system" and providing weeks and weeks of fear, humiliation, and being held captive with people who are often simply allowed to prey on other inmates isn't really going to fix a damn thing anymore than any other "scared straight" or suffering based 'omg wtf do I do' type emergency fix-its.

Or bluntly, the recidivism rate of incarceration speaks for itself.

In YOUR CASE, you could simply just not... uh... give them gifts and extras! Provide nutrition and sustinence, not presents and extras unless they earn it. Positive reinforcement DOES work.

Its just that simple. They cant abide by your rules for your gifts, they don't get them. Why not give them some work clothes and say get a job if they want something?  :rofl:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:11:31 AM »
If I called the cops and told them my boy opened a xmas present early they would laugh, ask if I am seirous, laugh some more and then hang up, not before mentioning to not tie up the real emergency line with bullshit. Cops must not have that much to do in Rock Hill SC to be able to humor parents and act as surrogate fathers.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:25:51 PM »
What was that crazy bitch thinking? Buying her kid a GBA? This is 2006! She should have bought him a fucking DS!

The sensible solution to kids opening the presents early is to cancel Christmas. "Okay, you want to get your present early? That's fine. It's yours. But since you're not going to wait for Christmas, why have it? Putting up that tree is a big pain in the ass anyway and you obviously don't want it, so why bother? Christmas is canceled."

Seriously, if the holidays are just going to bring more misery, why celebrate them? And if you really do cancel Christmas your kids will know that you mean it. They might even just say "okay" and not particularly care- these aren't 8 year olds we're talking about.

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:44:28 PM »
This would be funny if it was not true.

Offline Fake Parent Troll

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 12:48:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
jesus.. how stupid can 1 lady be?

:wave:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 12:58:20 PM »
What a waste of taxpayer money. He's 12 and he's going to court/JJ for opening a frigin xmas present?
Give me an f'in break.

What's the "natural" (not parentally imposed) consequence?

He doesn't have a gift to open on xmas day when everyone else is opening their's. Such a big deal?

If ya just gotta issue a punishment, take the damned thing back and get a refund.

What's the issue?

No delay of gratification?

Welp, that's something he should've been taught way back, starting around 2.

What has gone wrong, that parents set no boundaries for their kids when they're little, then just can't figure out why they're so 'out of control' when they get older. They 'negotiate' with their 2 year old and say NO to their teen. They have it backassards. Then wash their hands of the problem when they can't deal with it. What tricks might he pick up in JJ?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 06:34:54 PM »
I think she called the police because it was the final straw, he overstepped the boundary once too often, when you are literally at breaking point, you will do whatever it takes to make them stop and get off this runaway train, it wasn't about the present, it was about the stealing, lying, deceiving and this was the final straw - when mine do it, they re wrap them making them look like something out of a horror movie, I just ignore their stupidity....it's not me who sits there all disaapointed cos I already know what's under the wrapping paper

As for negotiating with her child, then saying no to her teen, you have to remember this mother was only 15 when she had her son, how does a baby bring up a baby? She simply does not possess the life skills and wisom at that age, hell I was a crap mother at aged 20, I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to do with a baby! (I asked the nurse in the hospital if it was okay to pick him up LOL)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 06:39:33 PM »
when mine do it, they re wrap them making them look like something out of a horror movie, I just ignore their stupidity..

:lol:

So they're not even making off with it, they're just putting it back the way it was? (How do you know anything's in the box?) Your kids are displaying a fair bit of ingenuity there, even if they can't re-wrap for shit. This is something to be laughed off. You have way worse problems than that.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
I can Identify...
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »
Yer I know, i just thought I'd share with you that other kids do it too, mine being two of those other kids

Obviously it annoys me because I've made the effort and they are being deceitful, but it is funny in a way, little sods! At least I know that although they think they're big hard men, they are really still kids at heart ..... just impatient ones

I would have preferred that they hadn't taken the labels off too and then in their panic just plonked them back on any old where, my daughter didn't appreciate the boxer shorts and my eldest son was puzzled by the pink fluffy slippers - you have to laugh  ::bwahaha::