Author Topic: My son thinks he is gay!  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My son thinks he is gay!
« on: December 07, 2006, 12:09:22 AM »
My son told me last night that he is gay. I did not raise him like that. He wants to tell everyone that he is gay. I am a big socialite and I am gonna get ridiculed in social settings. He says he needs to tell everyone he is gay to get the monkey off his back. My question is does anyone know of any programs that would help a kid confused about his sexuality? I just can not be idle and let my dreams of him getting married, having kids be flushed down the toilet. He is 14 and I have to help him when I can help him.I wil kill myself before I give up fighting for my son's future.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: My son thinks he is gay!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 12:11:32 AM »
Quote from: ""Nancy From Palm Springs""
I wil kill myself before I give up fighting for my son's future.

sounds like a good suggestion.  Have at it.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 12:21:07 AM »
My son told me last night that he is gay. I did not raise him like that. He wants to tell everyone that he is gay. I am a big socialite and I am gonna get ridiculed in social settings. He says he needs to tell everyone he is gay to get the monkey off his back. My question is does anyone know of any programs that would help a kid confused about his sexuality? I just can not be idle and let my dreams of him getting married, having kids be flushed down the toilet. He is 14 and I have to help him when I can help him.I wil kill myself before I give up fighting for my son's future.

Ain't shit you can do lady.  Pretty sure it's permanant.  Just tell your friends he just got over a harsh breakup, or he's saving himself for marriage, or he's got a long distance relationship going.

Yeah I know of programs that claim to do that but i'll be damned if I'd let you in on it.

Sure go ahead and send him to program.  Try Cascade.  He'll see more gay action than Thailand.  sweet dreams.

Offline grapeape

• View Profile
My son thinks he is gay!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 12:21:13 AM »
Give it a "one" on the trollometer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My son thinks he is gay!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 12:22:48 AM »
yeah that one was pretty weak

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 09:24:40 AM »

I am not quite sure which problem you suggest he have. I can not see that his future is at danger just because he is a gay.

Of course it is sad that you end up not having tons of grandchildren visiting your house. But that is just such blows life give us from time to time.

I wouldn't worry.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""

I am not quite sure which problem you suggest he have. I can not see that his future is at danger just because he is a gay.

Of course it is sad that you end up not having tons of grandchildren visiting your house. But that is just such blows life give us from time to time.

I wouldn't worry.

what's Danish for "troll"?
 :rofl:
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 01:01:25 PM »

When your son gets home from school today, get his father and take him out to dinner at his favorite place. Then, whether you really belive it or not, explain that you love your son unconditionally, and there is nothing he could ever do or say that would make you stop loving him. Tell him you know that homosexuality is something he cannot control, you know it's not a choice and he has nothing to be ashamed of. Tell him whatever he does with his life, is okay with you and you will always be proud of him. This is called conditionless love, something foreign to most parents these days. Even if you hate gays, you cannot let your son know that. If you react in the way you are suggesting your child will be devestated. Many gay teens end up killing themselves, or getting hooked on hard drugs like meth just to avoid the negative feelings associated with people like you. So I hope you can change, for your son's sake.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
what's Danish for "troll"?
 :rofl:

Maybe he is a troll or not. I take it serious coming from a country which sets free speech above anything.

If people like to tell the world how they live their lives, it is their choice.

I am not gay, but I have worked with some at several jobs. As long that they don't come on to me, I don't care whether they are gay or not. The same goes for lesb. It is not my problem how their "marriage" goes. (In Denmark people with same sex can be marriaged.)

I know that some people in your country thinks that this kind of "problems" needs a fix or a treatment. In Denmark it stopped in 1948 due to intense research. That is why the gay movement in Denmark is named "Association of 1948".

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
My son thinks he is gay!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 06:24:34 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if all our problems were only that someone we love is gay  :roll:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
My son thinks he is gay!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 01:05:17 AM »
Why not just give him a prostate massage and learn to accept it and move on?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
My son thinks he is gay!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 01:27:59 AM »
Oh come on look on the bright side. When you are senile there will be somebody to keep you away from polyester clothing!
In the event that you are not a hilarious troll you may want to look at this organisation.
http://www.pflag.org/
I know a dad who genuinely made some friends through this organisation and became a whole lot more comfortable with his son's sexuality.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 09:06:45 PM »

Yup.  The Troll 'O' meter works.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My son thinks he is gay!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 10:38:10 PM »
Okay, I got it. I just posted an an ST archived classic.