Author Topic: ft.laud. seed '82-'85-looking for other seedling survivors  (Read 16062 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ft.laud. seed '82-'85-looking for other seedling survivors
« on: March 31, 2003, 12:58:00 AM »
I was 'involved' from '82-'85, I am looking for others who left mysteriously during that time-Nona, my oldcomer, K.P., Roger, 'Johnny', Julio, Marisol-Mary, Nancy, etc...I left-ranaway after three years-I left all of my belongings, what little money I hadn't given to the seed, drove my car to the ghetto sold it and took a cab to the airport- I called Libby once I reached another state- they tried to get me to come back. They- Ginger, libby & cookie called me a couple of years ago to come to a re-union. I would love to talk to other from that bizarre time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »
i have tried to put my experiences at sr84 in perspective and 20 yrs later it is very difficult to focus on the 'process' the seed was very small by the time my mom signed me in. my parents lived far away & were restricted from visiting. they were 'allowed one visit- they flew to Florida- spent one afternoon with me. Libby told my parents that they could not see me again the next day -i hadn't 'progressed far enough in my treatment' I had been in the program for SIX MONTHS. My mother told me just this year that she considered jumping from the Balcony at the Bahia mar that night. She new the seed was a cult-but could not do anything- my father told her I had to stay- i had pulled alot of shit at home & had been through two schools, i did have MAJOR PROBELMS. but I lost three years of my life at the seed. "I love you" as  a code word- thousands of bologna sand. metal chairs for hours... more later

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 11:05:00 PM »
Thank you for writing, and welcome to our forum.  Even though you were in the seed some 20 years after me, you still were subjected to the same staff members....Libby, cookie, etc.   Pretty weird, Eh?

ANyway, welcome. I look forward to reading your posts.

What is a committee?  A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary.    
-- Richard Harkness, The New York Times, 1960

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »
On 2003-04-01 14:34:00, Anonymous wrote:
"i have tried to put my experiences at sr84 in perspective and 20 yrs later it is very difficult to focus on the 'process' the seed was very small by the time my mom signed me in. my parents lived far away & were restricted from visiting. they were 'allowed one visit- they flew to Florida- spent one afternoon with me. Libby told my parents that they could not see me again the next day -i hadn't 'progressed far enough in my treatment' I had been in the program for SIX MONTHS. My mother told me just this year that she considered jumping from the Balcony at the Bahia mar that night. She new the seed was a cult-but could not do anything- my father told her I had to stay- i had pulled alot of shit at home & had been through two schools, i did have MAJOR PROBELMS. but I lost three years of my life at the seed. "I love you" as  a code word- thousands of bologna sand. metal chairs for hours... more later   "

Twenty years ago???!!! Ok, thanks for blowing a hole in what I thought was (finally) an answer to some of my questions.

I went into Straight, Inc. about 21½ years ago and got out two years later. At the time, I was under the impression that Art had turned my mother down when she tried to put me in, citing the 'no kids who have been through other treatment' clause. I hadn't been through other treatment, but I'd hardly missed an open meeting since my older brothers went in sometime around 70 or 72. I had major problems too, but the only real shit I'd pulled was running away and hitchhiking cross-country to try and avoid going to The Seed.

A couple of years ago, I heard that The Seed had been under investigation, closed all but the one location (I had long since quit paying any more attention to OM rap than I did the minister's sermons at church... probably less, as I like the minister.) As part of the "we'll pretend to comply till you're not breathing down our necks" song and dance, they were supposed to have quit taking minors.

So now this has made sense until now. Now I don't know wtf happened, my sane parent passed on a few years ago and I don't speaking with any of my Seedling relatives. So I'm back to wondering. How did I land up in Straight instead of The Seed and did I get a better or worse deal than the rest of them?

The world may never know.

Anyway, glad you found us. Hope you find something you're looking for laying around here.

A vote for GW is a vote for America's Führer.
--Anonymous (it's best that way...)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »
When I went into the program- day after halloween '82. talk about surreal- There were only a small handful of people on the program. though about 30 or so oldcomers & graduates would attend all of the rap sessions and filter in and out during the day. I remember one girl coming on the front row after her sister-she was under 18-otherwise they were not taking any minors.

I didn't 'graduate for a year & a half-{my parent's money I Guess!!!!} I stayed in Ft.lauderdale in one of the girls-group house for another year & a half. It took me being told off visciously in a girls rap to make me bolt- and run away- i was 21.

I have had many nightmares that i am back at the seed and that my family & friends don't know where I am. Did any of these things puzzle or freak-out anyone else?

No seedlings that married had children.
The few that did date-were set up & had to be approved by Staff.
At One wedding no family attended.
Several long time graduates disappeared from Florida & were never mentioned again.
Nona from north carolina where are you? Roger from Ohio where are you?
Nancy from Pittsburgh? KP from Ohio?

We went through so much and lost so much of ourselves. Did the seed save me? I saved myself from the seed- I could still be in florida, in seed reality, never dealing with reality- forget about moral inventory-what about moral reality?

To the people who were kind to me & I thank them. I wish you could realize that you are beyond brainwashed-you are numb-i love You is a code. for FOLLOWer. I am freaked to remember drinking Kool-aid daily- how easily we followed. { remember Jonestown}

However- I could not imagine spending the rest of my life without having an original thought, idea or sponateous moment. life is messy-i am happily not a mess.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 08:57:00 PM »
Yes, three years lost. Many more years spent burying the pain and denying the reality. This is the legacy of being in a cult. Ask any seedling that will talk about it....many won't.

Many won't acknowledge that the Seed was even a cult. A cult is always the other group.

Glad you are here. You really didn't lose those three years as long as you are willing to confront what happened now. You only lose them when you refuse to remember....

The disrespect for the possession laws fosters a disrespect for laws and the system in general... On top of this is the distinct impression among the youth that some police may use the marihuana laws to arrest people they don't like for other reasons, whether it be their politics, their hair style or their ethnic background.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/studies/nc/ncmenu.htm' target='_new'>Marihuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »
On 2003-04-02 16:56:00, Anonymous wrote:
Did any of these things puzzle or freak-out anyone else? No seedlings that married had children. The few that did date-were set up & had to be approved by Staff. At One wedding no family attended. Several long time graduates disappeared from Florida & were never mentioned again.

Hmm... no. At the time, I understood all of that and accepted it as normal. Except maybe the Seedlings not having kids. My brother married a staffer. They quit hanging around with Seedlings fairly quickly and they had a son. He's around 26 now. My whole childhood I was never allowed to really associate with non Seedlings, so I'd just assume that the people who left were not spoken of because the Program dogma requires that members forget that they ever existed.

The function of the press is very high. It is almost holy. It ought to
serve as a forum for the people, through which the people may know freely what is going on. To misstate or suppress the news is a breach of trust.
--Mr. Justice Brandeis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2003, 11:25:00 AM »
Why did Seedlings who married not have children?
Is this true of all Seedlings who married, or of just a few? Was it a rule, or a philosophy?  And why?  Would someone please explain this.  This is the first time I have heard of this.  Thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »
Not true!  My husband and I were both in the Seed in St. Pete in l974/75.  He finished up in Ft. Lauderdale after the Seed closed in St. Pete.  We have 2 wonderful sons, l8 and 20.  We've been married now 25 years.  Years ago I knew several Seed couples that married that went on to have kids.  Whether or not those couples are still together now, who knows, it's been years since I've seen any of them.  We've been gone from Florida for almost l8 years because of my husband's job.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »
You are right...my stepsister Shirley Simpson married another seedling and had a son, and I know of others.

However, the Inner circle members may have a different experience.  They had to get approval from Art to Date certain people.

BTW, if you were in in 74, perhaps you remember me?

We ought to be grateful that our government monopoly schools are such a failure. If today's 18 year olds could do arithmetic, they'd be out buying enough rope to hang everybody over 40.
--Alan Handleman on Social Security

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 01:57:00 AM »
i wish to remain anonymous, but i know all the names you spoke of. I was at ST Road 84 at the time and was invloved in the Seed for about 25 years. Post me back if you wish to know any info

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »
I would appreciate talking to you. Why don't you email me at [email protected].

Thank you.

Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions.
--  ALAN BARTH, The Loyalty of Free Men, 1951.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
On 2003-06-19 22:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i wish to remain anonymous, but i know all the names you spoke of. I was at ST Road 84 at the time and was invloved in the Seed for about 25 years. Post me back if you wish to know any info "

I bet we know some of the same people. Remember those big assed 15 lb frogs out in the back field? Please feel free to email me [email protected] I will respect your privacy. I have a couple of questions that I'd rather ask privately too.

Time is running out. The Indians' botanical knowledge is disappearing even faster than the plants themselves.

--Richard Schultes, Harvard University educator, authority on medicinal plants

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »
How would you like me to respond to you -If you were there when I was. I would really like to correspond. please reply

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2003, 08:28:00 PM »
If you wish to email me you can @ [email protected].  We can discuss some of the things from the past and present.