Author Topic: ft.laud. seed '82-'85-looking for other seedling survivors  (Read 16070 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ft.laud. seed '82-'85-looking for other seedling survivors
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »
oldcomer parents!!!!Not a chance, from '82 on we lived in group houses, rented or purchased by graduates of the seed, I never encountered any one not directly related to the program. I looked at real estate with one staff member, the thought being to use the house as a group residence. one of the guys bought a really huge funky old house the we all spent days cleaning and painting.
after you graduated the rent /utilities and groceries were split by the house mates. we slept 2-3 per bedroom and had a fairly strict regimne of cleaning/chores etc...
Parents did not come to weddings, we had no open meetings, rarely a graduate would visit.
After I graduated I had to get permission to fly home for 24 hours for christmas- IT WAS CROSS COUNTRY!!!!!
   The seed was everything, most of us worked at safeguard systems, telemarketing 'til we were all laid-off, then I went on unemployment, you should have seen the job interviews I was sent on, selling water filtration systems, breast enlargement cream, yikes....I finally landed a job working at a gourmet shop, It was the first time I worked away from the seedling group. I was so paranoid that I would be to nice to one of the 'asshole's' on the outside. I also sold crystal and giftware at the mall.

It is amazing how much I have chosen to forget, or block out.
   Does anyone know who is still involved? I can guess...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »
Well, apparently Perloff and a small group of infulential former seedlings are busy working on a project in Davie, to rezone land for a drug rehab run by a religious group. Apparently the mayor of Davie has ties to barker as does other backers of the project,and the residents are fighting it. Some believe they are trying to ressurect the seed.

The Seed may be dead, but a core group of them are involved in many projects together down there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »
I just figured out who you are-A.Be "international law"  and there really is such a thing. :wave:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »
Okay, which one of you anons know what happened to Maggie Canfield. She was from the St Pete seed and moved to broward in the late 70s to be with the Seed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
The pretty platinum blond - I don't know wher she is?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »
YES! Maggie was a great friend of mine while I was on the program. Tell me, how long was she involved in the Seed? When was the last time you saw her? Any info please......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »
who are you? you seem to be in touch/up to date with alot of the girls...are you still in ft.lauderale???
 :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »
I'm a guy - with a good memory -Do you remember putting on shower caps with receding hairlines-in the car driving home from the beach in honor of my birthday? If you do remember - thats who I am - and yes I am in Lauderdale. :rofl:  :wave:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »
Well, welcome here, receding hairline guy. I used to live in Ft Lauderdale myself. About What year did you show up in Lauderdale?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2004, 09:12:00 AM »
Greg - do you give your last name? or What is the first letter of your last name? I Probably know or remember you?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »
It is common knowledge but I don't post it on public websites. Tell you what, I was in the seed in St Petersburg 73/74 but moved to Lauderdale after the seed.77 or 78 was the year of the  "showdown at poolside" with me and Barker. Ever hear the story other than my rendition? Know anyone that was there? It was Barker and Girls staff at the pool in the apartment comlex directly south of the lauderhill mall on 441. I have heard from a lady who was girls staff at the time that it was deemed "unsafe" from then on out for staff to hang at the pool, and barker ceased froliking in the pool with the young girls after that. Haha.

If you want to have a private conversation, email me at [email protected].

My name is Greg B. and my father was one of the founders of straight, Inc.  If that helps.

Also, if you were around back then, what do you remember about Art running for congress. Post a thread here. I remember watching on tv he lost, and seeing the seedlings at intersections with signs, but it really creeped me out at the time.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »
On 2004-02-29 16:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

oldcomer parents!!!!Not a chance, from '82 on we lived in group houses, rented or purchased by graduates of the seed, I never encountered any one not directly related to the program.

That sort of explains a lot then! I went into Straight in Oct of `80. The story was that Art wouldn't accept me because I already knew the program and could con my way through. When I heard that I hadn't heard of Straight at all and just didn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I thought I was off the hook.

Before that, program parents were directly involved in the program. They put locks on their doors and arranged their lives around the edicts of the 17yo staffers who carried orders down to them from on high. Maybe that's why I didn't land up there; mom could not have been involved and so it wouldn't have satisfied her fixation w/ fixing her defective kids.

The most fundamental purpose of government is defense, not empire.
--Joseph Sobran

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »
I remeber who you are.  I remeber you driving Bob K's car to the beach.  I never knew what happended to you.  But, I guess I do now. It sounds like things have worked out for you.  I am doing quite well 20 years later. But in order to have a normal well adjusted life I have had to be friends with non-seed kids. Oh, what a shocker.  One of the things I did not like was how the staff always placed pressure on people to remain at the seed after graduation and pressured people to not be friends with non-seed kids.  Thank God I left.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »
I remember the shower caps, ginger's idea-i think...I just can't remember whose birthday, I have a few guesses, but i don't want to name names. I need more clues, where were you from Georgia, Miami ? I have lots of questions, some answers. I am glad to hear you are doing well.
   Are you still in touch with the core group? I would like to contact some of the people we mentioned earlier, N.Z., M.V. could use some assistance. I am very private and do not wish to break anyones anonymity { not because it was a rule!!! But because people have the right to privacy.}
  We were so conditioned not to talk to any of the guys, it seems strange to be talking to you - Anyone on the outside would think that is nuts, because it is!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
and I wish either one of you would email me at [email protected] so we can have a private confidential chat.  There are things I would like to ask each of you.

Were either of you around when Art ran for congress ( I believe 1977 or 78). I was living in lauderdale then but out of touch with the seed.

anyway, I agree with the anon thing. I have in the past deleted names of those that attended that I thought were posted calliously.  I think some of the senior staffers names are out in the public domain anyway so there is no harm, but we all have lives and we don't always need or want people to know we were in a "drug rehab" or a cult for that matter.

Privacy is important and I will respect anyone whom wishes to remain so. in fact, I have done so repeatedly.

GregFL