Author Topic: Motivating  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Motivating
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:38 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can answer a question on the whole arms and motivating thing. In the trailer for the film, There is only a few kids  in the room. This was also the case in some documentary footage for lighthouse of florida.
 I had been under the impression that they made the kids move their arms like that in order to be picked out of a crowd of about 50. But there were only a few kids. Has this changed over time?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Motivating
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
I was wondering if anyone can answer a question on the whole arms and motivating thing. In the trailer for the film, There is only a few kids  in the room. This was also the case in some documentary footage for lighthouse of florida.
 I had been under the impression that they made the kids move their arms like that in order to be picked out of a crowd of about 50. But there were only a few kids. Has this changed over time?

Stick with what you know, OzGirl...and it ain't the program.  Maybe write about butterflies, raising children, rainbows?

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Re: Motivating
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:36:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""

Personally I dont think it makes a difference if there are 5 kids or 50.  It really doesnt change what motivating was.  I guess it would depend on whether or not there was a high level of enrollment in whatever particular program over time.  We had some 250 kids in our group.....other programs had less/more.  

I think GUEST is trying to make the point that the action itself is irrelevent, its the purpose that was weird to begin with.  It was part of a larger picture of brainwashing techniques which the outsider doesnt have a grasp on.  I think what he may mean to say is that if you understood the program, questions like that would be self explainatory and the context of your curiousity more or less unimportant.  We did what we did because we were supposed to, even if it didnt make sense.  If staff told you to motivate in the dark and alone, you did it....and you felt good about it, or else. According to them, you werent motivating for their convenience in spotting you, you were doing it for your sobriety....for your very life if it came to it.  Just like every other rule we followed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 10:27:58 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Motivating
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:15:52 PM »
Dead fucking on, Carmel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Motivating
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:08:53 PM »
I didn't motivate. And I protected/defended myself from those who tried to force me. I spent an aweful lot of my time on the floor ><

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Motivating
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 11:11:01 PM »
Not a damn thing wrong with that (as far as you were concerned).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Motivating
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 01:18:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I didn't motivate. And I protected/defended myself from those who tried to force me. I spent an aweful lot of my time on the floor ><

You get a gold star.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Motivating
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 12:16:21 AM »
WoW! The gold star makes up for all the times they freaking hit me, scratched me, and slammed my head to the floor, covered my mouth, sat on my chest... etc!... get a clue man. Eff, your gold star

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Motivating
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 03:57:45 PM »
Sometimes you people really piss me off! WTF do you think I do this for anyway? So we all can commiserate each other forever? Well it's nice when that works out ok but, frankly, wherever 2 or 3 former Straightlings may gather for any purpose, it's wise to carry a big stick in case you're the unlucky 4th.

No, that never was the point of this whole project. The point was to get the story out to and to generate some real (self)interest among the uninitiated. So now comes Oz, who started out looking for somebody to tell her just wtf kind of monsters had her niece. I'd give my eye teeth to have had just one relative willing to stand up for me like that instead of a bunch of former staffers and proud Seedlings. So now she wants to write a book, not for us to read and pass around, but for normals like herself so that they can understand this whole bizarre phenomena.

Not that I'm gonna tell anybody what they must and musn't do, but jeeze, man! Can't you give her a little help or at least common courtesy?

Thanks, Carmel, that is exactly the point! So much of what goes on in that place was all about arbitrary, senseless compliance and fear. The more nonsensical the better, as that has a disorienting effect. Ever have a friggen oldcomer make you motivate at home? Some people just got way too into it.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Motivating
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 07:55:12 PM »
Procrastination is like masterbation, the only one you are screwing is yourself

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Motivating