Author Topic: Historical letters/ Sue Scheff/ WWASPS  (Read 105582 times)

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Postings
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2007, 01:31:14 PM »
I have never heard of "Broward County Public School Forum."
Is there a way to read these postings?

I certainly can not imagine why anyone in Broward County, Florida would have any interest in me, or even Whitmore Academy in Utah for that matter.

I would also find it interesting if Cheryl Sudweeks was actually posting using her name---she has never posted on FORNITS under her OWN NAME.

I am very aware that Sue Scheff spreads mistruths about me,
I am also aware that Sue Scheff has encouraged the Sudweeks to sue me. Perhaps Ms. Scheff is unaware that some of her "ants" reveal Scheff's conversations behind her back?  

And no, I have no intentions of posting any emails that have been written between myself and Isabelle Zehnder or between myself and Sue Scheff....or any other correspondence I have received.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Historical letters/ Sue Scheff/ WWASPS
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2007, 02:37:09 PM »
Since when can people be sued for telling the truth?
What a joke.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »
10/12/06

A Broward County, Fla., jury has awarded a Weston, Fla., woman US$11.3 million in an Internet  defamation lawsuit that legal experts say could spur more courtroom battles over what's said online.

Sue Scheff filed the lawsuit against Carey Bock in December 2003, after the Louisiana woman called her a "crook," "con artist" and "fraud" on an Internet message board for parents interested in alternative schools for troubled teens.

One message landed on the Broward County PTA Web site, calling Scheff's referral company for such parents "an old, old scam."

An Inspiring Effect?
Legal experts say the Sept. 19 jury award may encourage more Internet-related lawsuits, particularly as message boards, blogs and social networking sites proliferate. Of the $11.3 million awarded to Scheff, almost half was awarded as punitive damages.

"I think when people read about litigation and big awards, there is sometimes an inspiring effect, and others seek to imitate that success," said Sandra S. Baron, executive director of Media Law Resource Center in New York City.

Legal analysts warned, however, that prospective plaintiffs shouldn't expect similar large awards, because of the circumstances surrounding Scheff's trial. Bock never showed up, meaning no defense was presented to the jury.

"Having a freakish [award] number where the defendant is not really represented well or at all in front of the jury happens all the time," said Robert Rivas, a Tallahassee, Fla.-based media lawyer of the Boca Raton, Fla., law firm Sachs, Sax & Klein.

Scheff's attorney David Pollack, however, said he believes the jury award sends the message that those committing defamation or libel over the Internet cannot escape responsibility for their actions.

"What this verdict says is, you can't go and destroy someone's reputation and post defamatory statements about them over the Internet. It's something that hundreds and thousands of people can see and you can't get away with it. That's the bottom line," he said.

Destruction With the Click of a Mouse
Many victims of Internet chatter have already stepped into the courtroom on defamation or libel claims. More than 50 lawsuits have been filed across the country against bloggers alone, according to the Media Law Resource Center. Seven of those cases were filed in Florida, and most are still pending.

Pollack said that since the verdict, he has already received phone calls from potential clients.

"The real problem with these cases, for the people who are the victims of this defamation, [is] you can basically with the click of a mouse, destroy somebody's reputation, their business, their livelihood, their family with absolutely no justification," he said.

In her postings, Bock accused Scheff and her company, Parents Universal Resource Experts, of placing children in "risky" and "possibly abusive" programs. Scheff's firm provides parents a list of alternative schools and programs dedicated to troubled teens.

Bock had used Scheff's services, however, to help remove her two sons from Dundee Ranch Academy, an alternative school in Costa Rica. The relationship between the two women soured, court papers show, because Bock believed Scheff was hindering her ability to land a documentary movie deal about the school.

Bock could not be reached for comment.

Pollack is investigating whether his client can actually collect the award from Bock, though he is doubtful she has $11.3 million. Scheff said if she does receive the money, she would continue her work and probably share her wealth with friends who need it -- after she pays her lawyer.  

© 2006 South Florida Sun-Sentinel. All rights reserved.
© 2006 ECT News Network. All rights reserved.

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/53616.html

-------------------------------

Anybody have a link to the archived posts on the Broward County PTA discussion board?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Postings
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2007, 03:19:06 PM »
Sue was posting on the Broward County Public School forum because she markets PURE to the schools, the courts, and parents who are desparate.  When Whitmore got in trouble for child abuse Sue and Cheryl were posting probably to divert attention to the child abuse by making the kids look like liars and you look like a nut case.
IMO

I saw the posts and Sue was very busy with Cheryl trying to get her to sue you.  Sue told people some things about you and your husband that were pretty bad and she told people that Chery and Whitmore were going to sue you.  Sue was gloating about it. The stuff she said about you and your husband--well you are the one with the lawsuit.

Quote from: ""Joyce Harris""
I have never heard of "Broward County Public School Forum."
Is there a way to read these postings?

I certainly can not imagine why anyone in Broward County, Florida would have any interest in me, or even Whitmore Academy in Utah for that matter.

I would also find it interesting if Cheryl Sudweeks was actually posting using her name---she has never posted on FORNITS under her OWN NAME.

I am very aware that Sue Scheff spreads mistruths about me,
I am also aware that Sue Scheff has encouraged the Sudweeks to sue me. Perhaps Ms. Scheff is unaware that some of her "ants" reveal Scheff's conversations behind her back?  

And no, I have no intentions of posting any emails that have been written between myself and Isabelle Zehnder or between myself and Sue Scheff....or any other correspondence I have received.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 03:24:03 PM »
Anon, how can others find these posts you've seen?

Are they on the net somewhere?  So far, I can't even find a Broward County PTA discussion board, much less any posts relevant to this issue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2007, 03:47:45 PM »
Well, so far I have found one archived post but it's written by sue scheff.

http://www.browardpta.com/_disc1/00000002.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »
Beware of Bounty Hunters for WWASP/WWASPS
Date: 02 Sep 2003
Time: 12:00:01
Remote Name: 64.12.96.43

Comments
Dear Donna, I have known you for several years now, and have so much respect for what you did to get your boys back home safe. I only wish I had read your statement prior being recruited by WWASP/WWASPS. My daughter ended up in one of their programs and the results were horrific. I was desperate and they took advantage of me with the misrepresentation of their program. Since that time, back in 2000, there is now a Class Action Lawsuit against them getting ready to be filed. It is being filed by The Huron Law Group, with the support of Ed Masry and Erin Brockovich. There will be justice for our children and ourselves. Since this happened, I felt a need to give parents a resource avenue to help them when they are desperate, as I once was. I have created PURE, Inc. www.helpyourteens.com to help parents find safe and qualifed schools and programs and also offer a listing of adolescent local therapists. We have been approved by the Broward County School District and the Better Business Bureau. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to let parents know our experiences. Sincerely, Sue Scheff Weston, FL [email protected]

----------------

I think the Donna she is talking about is Donna Burke whose story was one of those profiled in the Desperate Measures series.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2007, 04:24:52 PM »
Interesting, here's a response

http://www.browardpta.com/_disc1/0000000d.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2007, 04:32:51 PM »

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Response to Sue Sue post
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2007, 04:37:07 PM »
In response to the statement:
"The stuff she said about your and your husband--well you are the one with the lawsuit."

I do not know what this statement means.
My family was never part of the criminal case that the County Attorney, Jared Eldridge, filed against Cheryl Sudweeks.

My family is not part of the current Civil Case that is pending against the Sudweeks/Whitmore Academy.

If this type of information is being spread by Sue Scheff or Cheryl Sudweeks--please consider the source.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2007, 11:16:03 PM »
Wonder why the Broward County PTA would even allow such postings to be on their website?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Response to Sue Sue post
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2007, 10:07:34 AM »
Sue said you WERE part of the civil lawsuit but you pulled out because of all the bad things she and Cheryl found out about you and your husband.

"The stuff she said about your and your husband--well you are the one with the lawsuit."

My family was never part of the criminal case that the County Attorney, Jared Eldridge, filed against Cheryl Sudweeks.

My family is not part of the current Civil Case that is pending against the Sudweeks/Whitmore Academy.

If this type of information is being spread by Sue Scheff or Cheryl Sudweeks--please consider the source.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2007, 02:38:45 PM »
Old, tired, untrue gossip.  Let the Suds supoena them if it matters.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Sue said you WERE part of the civil lawsuit but you pulled out because of all the bad things she and Cheryl found out about you and your husband.

Hey, "Guest" - be careful what you post based on second-hand information from people like Scheff and Sudweeks.  Cheryl's record proves she's not a font of truth.  I think anyone who's child was referred to an abusive facility (like Whitmore) by Scheff might have misgivings about her integrity.

Guest, your vague implications are becoming defamatory.  Fornits is anonymous, but don't think you're completely shielded.  You're engaging in speculation on a public forum about a private individual who, unlike Scheff, is NOT a limited public figure.

Defamation consists of the following:
(1) a defamatory statement;
(2) published to third parties; and
(3) which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.

We hold that a private individual may recover actual damages for a defamatory publication upon proof that the defendant knew or in the exercise of reasonable care should have known that the defamatory statement was false. The conduct of defamation defendants will be judged on whether the conduct was that of a reasonable person under the circumstances.

Make damn sure you have your facts straight before you post hearsay from admittedly biased second parties about private individuals.  Hungry attorneys prowl Fornits.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2007, 08:18:35 PM »
I think you misunderstand the intent of the quote about Joyce Harris. There is no insinuation that the writer supports Sue Scheff or Sudweeks.  Just that Scheff and Sudweeks are defaming Joyce Harris but this is not uncommon with Scheff and probably Sudweeks.

Anyway "hungry lawyer" sue away! A number of us have plenty of money and can defend ourselves from Sue Scheff or anyone else.

Quote from: ""ZenAgent""
Quote from: ""Guest""

Hey, "Guest" - be careful what you post based on second-hand information from people like Scheff and Sudweeks.  Cheryl's record proves she's not a font of truth.  I think anyone who's child was referred to an abusive facility (like Whitmore) by Scheff might have misgivings about her integrity.

Guest, your vague implications are becoming defamatory.  Fornits is anonymous, but don't think you're completely shielded.  You're engaging in speculation on a public forum about a private individual who, unlike Scheff, is NOT a limited public figure.

Defamation consists of the following:
(1) a defamatory statement;
(2) published to third parties; and
(3) which the speaker or publisher knew or should have known was false.

We hold that a private individual may recover actual damages for a defamatory publication upon proof that the defendant knew or in the exercise of reasonable care should have known that the defamatory statement was false. The conduct of defamation defendants will be judged on whether the conduct was that of a reasonable person under the circumstances.

Make damn sure you have your facts straight before you post hearsay from admittedly biased second parties about private individuals.  Hungry attorneys prowl Fornits.