Author Topic: TeenProgram.info a scam?  (Read 12850 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »
On 2004-04-28 21:25:00, an anonymous coward wrote:

"Because the kid is a heroine/alcoholic drug addict that lied to everyone. only thing he didn't do was end up in jail or die. od'd twice. expert liar. and no abuse was administered to 'him', he wrote of abuse of other kids. cps is involved and will be visiting soon. guess he is better off here than in prison. "

If 'here' was your house and you did your job as a parent, perhaps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline notworking

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »
On 2004-04-28 21:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Because the kid is a heroine/alcoholic drug addict that lied to everyone. only thing he didn't do was end up in jail or die. od'd twice. expert liar. and no abuse was administered to 'him', he wrote of abuse of other kids. cps is involved and will be visiting soon. guess he is better off here than in prison. "

Well, unless he's a she and is saving kittens stuck in trees, he's not a heroine.  I'm assuming you mean heroin, the drug.  Addiction to heroin requires medical detoxification.  Why did you put him in a school instead of in a hospital?

How do you know no abuse was administered to him?  Maybe hasn't gotten around to telling you yet.  The fact that CPS is "involved" and plans to visit means absolutely nothing.  CPS will only see what the facility wants them to see.  

More than anything, though, you're going to need to get over this anger at your child or you're not going to be an effective parent when/if he does come home.  That's what amazes me most about program parents -- how ANGRY they are that their kids dared to turn out less than perfect.  Maybe if you worried a little less about your feelings and a little more about your child's, you would have been able to resolve his problems at home.  I'd be terrified if my kid was addicted to heroin.  I would probably be angry at him for being so stupid as to try something he knew was dangerous.  And it would hurt me terribly.  But I wouldn't think he was the enemy, and I wouldn't view his problems as some sort of personal attack on me.  I wouldn't call him names or figure he was better off in an abusive facility than at home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
you poor folks are clueless about kids on drugs. they don't care about anything else other than themselves. he admitted to lying to everyone around him and that every 'friend' he had was a bad influence on him....funny that the whole world around hi8m is bad, but not him. far as discipline, as a stepfather people say you don't care as much...total lie. i raised him since he was 4 and watch a young man grow up with values. my wife was the one who did not stand up to his lies and drugs. all for her need for his approval. the lies reflect his rebellion, the drugs an aftereffect. tlc is a behavior modification facility that focuses on discipline and respect for sources of authority. if some of you have so much evidence, then get educated and get off your butts and sue them. you just want to whine. my son is staying until he turns 18, then he chooses his life....for good or in prison.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »
On 2004-05-09 07:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"you poor folks are clueless about kids on drugs.

No, actually as a group, we're unusually well familiar w/ the issues surrounding kids on drugs, rebellious kids and the various ways our society has gone about trying to deal w/ these issues.

Many of us were in your step-son's shoes and most of us are now the grownups in the situation. I would recomend that you throw yourself into the issue of prisoner abuse. How fortunate for you that the media has decided to showcase this issue for you just at a time when you might be able to use it.

One fact that comes up over and over and over again whenever we talk about prisoner abuse for purposes of interrogation is that information derived through torture is notoriously unreliable.  

Now, just for clarification, till you brought it up, I don't think I'd ever heard of TLC Bootcamp by name. So I don't know exactly what goes on there, but I assume it's very similar to other facilities usually described as specialty schools for troubled teens. Having been in a situation where the only way to make the torment stop was to go ahead and "admit" to whatever my jailers wanted me to say, I have less than zero confidence in anything these kids confess to while under duress.

Bottom line, if this kid who you say you love so much is telling you that this place is abusive, believe the kid. If it turns out he's lying, nothing ventured, nothing gained. If it turns out he's telling you the truth and you ignore him, you may well wind up grieving the loss of a child or, as is more often the case, the kid just won't have much to do w/ you once he's able to put some distance between himself and you. That means you miss out on those casual visits, being a part of your grandkids' lives and all the rest.

More's the sorrown for the kid in that scenareo (again, I speak from experience) After all, you still have your TOUGHLOVE hategroup for support and consolation. The kid has to go it alone in the world. That sucks more than anything, believe me. Everybody has their downswings; times when things aren't going right and the whole world just seems hostile and judgment. It's times like these when normal people go home for a dose of that unconditional familial love that sustains us all. For those of us who's homes and families have been hijacked by the TOUGHLOVE hategroup, there is no such refuge.

I am sick unto death of obscure English towns that exist seemingly for the sole accommodation of these so-called limerick writers -- and even sicker of their residents, all of whom suffer from physical deformities and spend their time dismembering relatives at fancy dress balls.
--Editor of the Limerick Times
(Limerick, Ireland)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »
DEBORAH:  Ken Stettler has moved up in the world! He is now the DIRECTOR of UTAH HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES. Never make the mistake of refering to anyone else under his command as a director - BECAUSE HE IS THE ULTIMATE RULER AND DIRECTOR OF EVERYONE NOW LEST YE FORGET. I have actually e-mailed this individual.  The last time I mailed him I reminded him that he was a public servant and not a king sitting on a throne (after he told me that my letter was uncivialized - imagine that). I also told him that I knew he was the director because I had read about all the deaths of children in Utah facilities and I've read all of his lame quotes(he now refuses to communicate with me).  Sounds like he started out small - what do you know about HRH Ken Stettler? He was a supervisor of licensing?  The most recent casualty of licensing these youth facilities was Kelly Husbands (who has since resigned after the death of this staff member in Cedar City) The supervisor who said he knew nothing about US CODE title 42 was L.J. Dunsman.  

If anyone wants to email Mr. Stettler about abusive programs in Utah here's his address:
[email protected]
He is a piece of work!

In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice.
-- Richard Bach

[ This Message was edited by: cherish wisdom on 2004-05-09 21:49 ]
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 01:00:00 AM »
They make changes alright _ LIVING CHILD TO DEAD CHILD.  How dare the State of Utah promote these programs when several children have actually died.

Some Teens Make Big
Changes in Wilderness Camps
By Carol Sisco
DHS Public Information

Licensing Director Ken Stettler talks to participant at RedCliff  
BEAVER COUNTY - Scott, 17, had a choice. The Kansas City resident picked a desolate Utah wilderness camp in the Wah Wah Mountains over juvenile hall, figuring camp would be the easy way out. It wasn?t.

PROTEST THIS PRACTICE:
email address of Ken Stettler:
[email protected]

In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong

--John Kenneth Galbraith

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »
:mad: Speak out now!!! Anyone having any information about Thayer Learning Center PLEASE CALL, 1 (800)632-4747 or 1 (660)632-4747. We all need to ban together to stop this crazy people from ruining our community and our childrens lives. Please CALL!!!

Offline Viva

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »
GET HIM OUT NOW ! OR GO VISIT ! ! ! ! ! AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN OFF CAMP OUTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ill pray for him ... you can contact me through private messages if u want to.
Viva
 ::bwahaha2::  ::blushing::  :sad:

this could be bad. you may want to hurry!

Offline Viva

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
ST GEORGE UTAH is the 2nd part of ALA it is there and in Kanab! if you need to know any thing about that area i can help ya out!
Amanda

Offline hurleygurley

• View Profile
    • http://www.thetroublingtroubledteenindustry.org
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
CPS in Utah, as far as I know, is worse than useless, they're downright protective of these programs. Can anyone tell me of one case in which CPS in Utah investigated an allegation and something came of it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2004, 07:56:00 PM »
CPS is worthless in idaho, utah and almost everywhere else.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
How can they be objective and do their jobs when they PROMOTE Wilderness programs??

http://www.das.state.ut.us/cc/dec2002/wilderness.htm
http://www.das.state.ut.us/cc/dec2002/wilderness2.htm

Attention should focus around Stettler who has too many times admittedly publicly to ignoring violations because he trusted his 'fellow saints' to do the right thing.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline eyecandy

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/7001260
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »
who is a former employee?? i used to attend thayer learning center...any questions for me... email me at
[email protected]
 :wstupid:  

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
about it.
--GW Büsh, Business Week, July 30, 2001

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
TeenProgram.info a scam?
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »
I went to TLC which SGT. Are you???