Author Topic: Still needing help!  (Read 2884 times)

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.marcwordsmith.com
Still needing help!
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »
Well, so now I know that the Seed DID take some under-18-year-olds in the 1980s.

The question remaining is, Were they all there voluntarily? Or did the Seed continue to take adolescents on a nonvoluntary basis? (even if they took fewer than before)

hey Ginger am I an organized malcontent yet, for god's sake? Does this post put me over the top? We shall see . . .
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
Still needing help!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:52:06 AM »
When talking about "voluntary" with respect to adolescents it can get pretty muddy pretty quickly.  In Cleveland we had a few in the 12-14 year old range that didn't actively try to flee - so to outward appearances they seemed "voluntary" to me at the time;  But for a kid that age voluntary can be quite subjective.

The fact that someone had the nickname "basic attitude" appended to his given name indicated that he never did (or at least admitted to doing) drugs ( I don't recall him ever admitting to it anyway ).  I can come up with convincing argurements for him being voluntary and for him not to be.

It is my experience that they got people thru word of mouth referrals and then they had an attorney who would work with the courts to  accomodate the program in various ways but i do not believe that the court sent anyone there on its own initiative.  

It is my impression that anyone there "involuntarily" was there because their parents put them there and not court ordered

G

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.marcwordsmith.com
Still needing help!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 02:17:19 PM »
Hi Johnny G,

Thanks for your post. Yeah, I knew that adolescents were forced into the Seed in Cleveland; I'm not just clear about whether they were taken into the Seed involuntarily in Florida any time after the seventies, or any time after 1975 for that matter (save the kids who were transferred from Cleveland).

All good though. We figured out some wording that avoids the issue.

Ginger, if you are reading this, I am honored to be among the ranks now of the organized malcontents, and ever more grateful for this forum.   ::cheers::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Still needing help!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 03:35:55 AM »
::rainbow::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Still needing help!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 03:41:59 AM »