Author Topic: A new victim at TurnAbout Ranch  (Read 14901 times)

Offline The Luffly Shandy

• View Profile
A new victim at TurnAbout Ranch
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 05:48:49 PM »
In a manner of speaking I was broke out. In all actuality my aunt got the courts involved.

I am currently typing up my experience and treatment and turn about ranch, and will be posting it first chance I get.

And thanks yall.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
A HREF=\"http://myspace.com/turnaboutsurvivor\">Join The Cause

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: We did something good
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 05:05:33 AM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
In this forum it was revealed which church, they use regardless of the belief the students have.

Some of the relatives used that information to get her to sign a document.

She went to court.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4851402

but the result was not good.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4870947

However, I got a message that confirmed that she was free from a friend of hers. So the mother must have taken the advice from the judge serious. They properly wont have any statement about the violent behaviour of the step-dad testified in court, so the mother must have given up.

I had to admit that I took a glas of wine in order to celebrate and I am also proud that I got the wikipedia page on Turnabout Ranch finished this morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnabout_ranch

wow coverguard did you write that?

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Yes, I update wikipedia
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 07:32:11 AM »
Some of it. Look at the history page.

Basicly it functions like that I write the outline of the page after I have found the articles and references relevant for the facility.

I have no problem writing something with a neutral point of view, because I never have been in a program. Other fixes my typos, which exist because I am a Dane.

If I have left something out, please give me a link to a relevant source or even better post your testamony in a place where I can find it.

I have concentrated my work to the two large organizations in the Business Aspen education and wwasp but I also did a little work about pathway. I am far from finished, but I miss parents contracts, guides for students and parents, description of punishments, living conditions, levels in the program, contracts with parents etc.

It is not easy and somehow time-consuming, but I have a lot of spare time and I am not in a hurry. I hope that parents in the future would take a second to read about a facility on a neutral site as wikipedia, before they ship their children off to it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
A new victim at TurnAbout Ranch
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »
I love your sig!!

:rofl:
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Chandra

• View Profile
Re: A new victim at TurnAbout Ranch
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 07:23:56 PM »
I want everyone here who supported my sister, I wanted to say thanks you.
Yes Chandra is my sister and thanks to all of you and everyone else, she was able to get out.
My mother, Lori, tracks every thing I do on the computer. If I even type something and then erase it, she still sees. So I'm on someone else computer and I want you to know that my sister is fine and happy. in fact, she puts up some videos on youtube for me and my other sisters. [urlhttp://www.youtube.com/user/boatingyourfloat[/url] she stopped putting them up because her camera broke.
I will see her in a couple weeks for the first time sense two X-mas ago. I am very excited.
I created this account (and I'm never coming on again) just to say thank you. You guys help her get out of a terrible place and let me see her.
Thank you SOO much again. You guys made this possible and I can't believe that some strangers were willing to help out so much.
I am in a bad place too, but I will be alright. I just can't wait till I am 18 so I can move out.
Thanks again!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
I am sorry that my Danish colleague was not able to find a laywer who could help you out of Utah also, but the laws in Utah are just too parents-friendly at the expense of the children.

Just remember to speak after her mouth until you are 18. Your mother still have a coupon from Aspen Education Group for the time your sister didn't get at Turnabout. It is plenty of time for you or one of your sister to be sent to one of their wilderness programs in order to be broken. Aspen Achievement Academy just round the corner in Loa has already cost parents the life of their offspring. Lone Star in Texas also.

We don't want to see you in a coffin, so please your mom regardless of the fact that your home according to Salt Lake Tribune has been under investigation. Remember at one point you also will be free like your sister. Keep up the spirit and act like a Stepford-child.

Offline kaylarobb

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm Chandra's younger sister, Kayla. I managed to get out by 18 (my mother involved the police and forceably threw me to the ground as well as revoked my drivers license a week before my birthday), but through all the drama she created I got out. I wish I could say Lori has gotten better, but she has only gotten worse. I wish Utah would change their laws because they denied me emancipation, even though there was abuse the entire 18 years I was trapped in that house. My two younger sisters are still there, but close to getting out. There's not much they can do except stay under the radar and give her no reasons to ship them away like I did. Thank you all for taking an interest in helping teens by giving them their rights! I really appreciate it :)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
Quote from: "kaylarobb"
Hello everyone! I'm Chandra's younger sister, Kayla. I managed to get out by 18 (my mother involved the police and forceably threw me to the ground as well as revoked my drivers license a week before my birthday), but through all the drama she created I got out. I wish I could say Lori has gotten better, but she has only gotten worse. I wish Utah would change their laws because they denied me emancipation, even though there was abuse the entire 18 years I was trapped in that house. My two younger sisters are still there, but close to getting out. There's not much they can do except stay under the radar and give her no reasons to ship them away like I did. Thank you all for taking an interest in helping teens by giving them their rights! I really appreciate it :)
Did you also file for emancipation, like your older sister did? I thought you could get emancipated by age 16 in Utah... Perhaps I am wrong?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
Corrected link for Chandra's YouTube channel, posted previously, some time ago...

Offline kaylarobb

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Did you also file for emancipation, like your older sister did? I thought you could get emancipated by age 16 in Utah... Perhaps I am wrong?
I did file for emancipation... It was denied and it only caused my mother to get furious and take her anger out on me. I filed once at age 16, and once more at 17. Both times were denied even though I fullfilled all the requirements; Utah doesn't emancipate minors very easily (it apparently has to be EXTREME circumstances)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Utah's emancipation law
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 09:28:16 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
I did file for emancipation... It was denied and it only caused my mother to get furious and take her anger out on me. I filed once at age 16, and once more at 17. Both times were denied even though I fullfilled all the requirements; Utah doesn't emancipate minors very easily (it apparently has to be EXTREME circumstances)
I'm so sorry to hear that.

An article posted earlier in this thread notes that ... "Utah's new emancipation law wasn't created to give adolescents an avenue to fight confinement at therapeutic schools and wilderness programs. Proponents pitched it as benefiting homeless, runaway and other 'throwaway' youth."

I guess Utah didn't consider you enough of a "throwaway."  :seg2:

From what I've heard, it's difficult in any state, and takes some time to bring about, even under the most "ideal" of circumstances. Some links for anyone else reading along who may also be thus interested: