Author Topic: GT roll call  (Read 8046 times)

Offline curd nerd

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 12:58:13 PM »
wow.  how the memories have come up a' flooding these last two days.  jeannie, how are you ? how's your girl ? can't remember her name, but I remember your brother Lenny as well ...
'they' say time heals all wounds, but whoever the hell 'they' are most definitely did not do any time in GT.  over 15 years later, and I hadn't given most of this much thought ... my life has moved on, and the program is a distant memory, like an alternate reality that only comes to the front of my mind at peculiar moments ... such as :  
when you're listening to a song with friends and don't recognize it, and your friends are like , " what were you living in a carboard box in 1988 or something ?? "  ... and you're like , "actually ... a cardboard box would have been flippin' awesome in comparison !" ... "what ??", says your friend ... "never mind", you reply - because let's face it, friends - this is not light banter to have with friends. this is dark, dark stuff.  let me use this as an example. my dad is gay - came out of the closet when I was 20 and I have a much easier time sharing that with friends than the GT experience.  
and why is that ?  let's discuss, shall we ?  homosexuality and the causes and effects of it on families and individuals have been openly discussed in the media, in movies, in court cases ( divorces, etc. ) - so people have a point of referrence, wether they have had a gay or bi relative or not.  NOBODY unless they experienced it has a point of reference to what we went through ... even most of our parents don't really get it and never will because they don't ever want to face themselves and what they did to their children.  I can count on one hand how many people I have shared the GT experience with over the last 17 years ... I was married for three years and she only got a very abbreviated version of the damn Cliff Notes.  as I have read through these posts and followed links to articles, I have become enraged that this horrible, horrible situation has not been brought into the light.  this is just as sick, if not more so, than the predatory catholic priests - why is that brought into the spotlight and into a courtroom and all the articles that have been written about GT get buried with no national media ??? does GT really have more powerful friends than the CATHOLIC CHURCH ??  NO WAY  !  
it's us, people ... it's us.   we are the key to this, and the fact that we have all remained silent for so long just goes to show that the abuse done to us psychologically really was more severe than the little boys sodomized by priests -  the fear of god almighty was before them, and they still had the guts to come forward and at least tell a parent who then brought it to light, where as we have chosen to coward and sulk and repress ...  because of the damage the program did to our self-esteem, because after all the years it took us to regain our dignity, and to learn that we didn't have to keep rebelling and fighting forever, all we want to do is live "normal" lives now ...  
wow, what a rant.  'happy' said something to the effect that now that she has kids of her own, she has to advocate for children's rights ... the thing is, 'happy', your kids are safe - you are aware and awake.  I don't have kids of my own, but this is still going on and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about how many lives and spirits are being derailed, destroyed and broken ... parents who in a desperate moment were duped into thinking this was the only way to "save" their child ... how do we reach THEM ???
somewhere in all these posts in a request that we all email michael moore about this to do an expose' documentary ... hmmm - not a bad idea, but he needs ALOT of us to write, with the most horrific stories you can to get his attention.  
ok ... I'm out for now ... peace. love.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline happy

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 02:22:37 PM »
cute name, cheese nerd. Well a few things have been done...over the GW movie, books, news hrs devoted to issue, articles, congressional hearings last month! boot camps shut down in FL! well people here stay pretty informed and post great links. and yes there is more we could do if we could...you know it's the shame thats kept us silent and the trama thats made us forget...And the coplete mistrust in everyone & everything, well thats a bit of a hurdle! I think that was the whole idea of 'the program'. however we were children, it was not our fault! You would not tell someone who got raped that it was their fault, would you? yes, collectively we have tried to play on the shame the victim already feels and say thier dress was to procative?????????? human nature - abuse cycle - go figure - go protect yourselves and your families - stay informed, and feel free to think for yourself! I can see the flood gates have opened for you and it gets very political. Take a break when it gets to be to much, you have to balance it all with where your life is at now as well...k! we'll talk soon
he important thing is to NOT stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them. - Lady Bird Johnson

Offline SevenVeils

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 09:39:56 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I'm Keith, GT client #708. Was there 5/26/04 - 05/05/05 when I turned 18. I was there for just a few days when they moved the building to Riviera Beach on 5/2/05. There are days when I just sit there and reflect back on my stay there and can't believe that that actually happened TO ME, that I actually went through that, but most unbelievable of all - that so many parents could be so brainwashed to support such a horrible thing.

Has this concentration camp been shut down YET?
ohnny, my love, get out of the business
It makes me wanna rough you up so badly
Makes me wanna roll you up in plastic
Toss you up and pump you full of lead

Johnny, my love, get out of the business
The odds are getting fatter by the minute
That I have got a bright and shiny platter
And I am gonna get your heavy head

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 11:26:42 AM »
Growing Together is still up and running, dispite the posts here from a year or 2 ago that it was closing then! Many parents pulled together funding to keep it going.
  I visited there a couple years back... went to Open Meeting.  What a blast from the past.  The signing has definately gotten worse though.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »
Growing Together is still up and running, dispite the posts here from a year or 2 ago that it was closing then! Many parents pulled together funding to keep it going.
  I visited there a couple years back... went to Open Meeting.  What a blast from the past.  The signing has definately gotten worse though.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 01:24:24 PM »
eewwwwwwwww who would go back? i only went back to throw a brick through the window. hee hee hee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 12:43:08 AM »
no i did not 7 step it was too much i dont know what they expected from me i was 16 -17 yrs old had a kid going to high school going to night school  going to the program my dad wanted me to get a job so i even did that riding katie on the back of my bike all the way to boyton beach to a babysitter grrr my main motivation in leaving was the way my daughter was treated they would put her by herself or pull ppl from group who would be acting crazy.... mainly it upset me when she was in the little room in the back between 2 rooms they would lock ppl in who were literally tearing down the walls... one time she was crying all by herself back there and i kept telling staff i needed to go see what was wrong and they were like u need to stay here and focus on u...finally when they let me go she was covered head to toe in feces ...she finally took her own diaper off ..i knew then im not putting up with this bullshit but i had nowhere to go... and ppl  called dhs (i know who did it) about how katie was being treated and staff listened in to see what id say on their speakerphone....but i found a way out and that night when i was leaving someone came and told me no matter how bad it may seem ull be ok and we made it... it was tough tho because my own mother was told i was on drugs and stuff bec i left and it was a while before she would even talk to me.... i understand what u mean about ppl not understanding at least me and lenny can talk to each other about it u know? but when u tell ppl about some of the crazy stuff that went on they dont bel it or they laugh...and OMG i hated being belt looped in front of those firemen across the street lol there are ppl id really like to know how they are especially after i left ... they make the program ur whole life and then all of sudden i had no one but guess what they didnt break me !!!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
GT roll call
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 02:58:47 PM »
BUMP.

Wanna crash an open meeting?  :D
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: GT roll call
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »
I went to GT in like 90 - 93. I really dont have time to go into detail right now, gotta cook dinner, but I will check back to see whats goin on. just found this place and wanna read more.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 01:03:33 PM »
www.orangetoiletnews.com

will be posting a huge list of GT names.

The list is a public record.  It was obtained by OTNews through (HRS) and through trash collection.

it will be a while before its in their library.

their story will explain the whole deal behind why it's a public list.

it's quite specific even "host homes."

Offline farlessgreg

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
I WENT TO LIFE SARASOTA IN 1986 AND CAME TO GT 1987 WHEN IT FIRST OPENED. I WORKED THERE UNTIL 1990  LOOKING FOR OLD FRIENDS PHIL P   STEVE K  ETC

Offline Melody

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 10:29:11 AM »
I was also one of the original GT'ers.  Came over from LIFE.  Was on 5th phase when arrived at GT.  All I can say is it did break my spirit.  It took me a long time to find out WHO I AM after leaving.  Looking to reconnect with some fellow group members.  Would like to know what people are up to.  My memory of the times and people is very vague and limited.

Offline Melody

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 10:31:27 AM »
I was also one of the original GT'ers.  Came over from LIFE.  Was on 5th phase when arrived at GT.  All I can say is it did break my spirit.  It took me a long time to find out WHO I AM after leaving.  Looking to reconnect with some fellow group members.  Would like to know what people are up to.  My memory of the times and people is very vague and limited.

Offline Melody

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 10:42:18 AM »
Jeannie, I remember you.  I was on my way out when you came in.

Offline 567

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:26:41 PM »
april 22, 2000 until april/may of 03