Author Topic: thirsty  (Read 892 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
thirsty
« on: April 04, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »
I remember summers in the Morgan Yacht building.  I vividly remember the summer of '79 - god, it was hot.  I remember sitting elbow-to-elbow about 10 or so rows deep.   This included a 4th phase section across from front row.  I was prolly on about 3rd phase by then, no school cause it was summertime.  I had already failed the first semeseter of my senior year because I was on 1st phase for so long.   I would be soaked by sometime during the morning rap...flapping my arms and making that "snap, snap" noise with my fingers.   (I like that noise when 300 or so fingers were snapping away)...at the end of the day when I got home and finally cooled off, I would have this film of dried sweat all over my body and I would scrap it off w/my finger nails.  And I had jock itch bad...it seemed everyone did.  Mine wasn't the worse I saw, but I had it from about an inch below my navel to the bottom of my thighs.  My clothes never dried off during the day.  I remember peeling big sheets of flesh off my stomach and legs and also bleeding.  I hated it so fucking bad.  I remember dying of thirst...all the time thirsty.  Never having enough to drink on those hot days, and staff seemed to enjoy fucking w/us about it.  I remember staff drinking in teh back while we just were literally dying of thirst.  I remember crying when my mom got my doctor to prescribe medicine for my acne (didn't we all seem to have acne in group?), cause it meant I would have to take my pill w/water.   What a sick thing that was...I hate being thirsty now.  I chug as much as I want at my meals.  It is beautiful now to be able to do that.  I swore I would some day back in the summer of '79.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
thirsty
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 12:44:00 AM »
In the ancient confines of the Milton Roy building, it got pretty damn hot in there as well.  I mean we had fans, but without open doors, there was just no cross ventilation.  The front half of the warehouse was air conditioned, but the back half got baked by the Florida sun all day long.  It was Chris Casselor and myself who came up with the solution.  I was really pouring it on as a jerk, to the extent that I was pulled from group and placed in the infamous "think room.  It was great, because the room was naturally cool since that part of the building was shaded by large pine trees outside.
    The main gag that I pulled on this particular day was that I shimmied up an old plumbing vent pipe in the corner, until I was near the ceiling, and started carving shit into the pole with a rock that I had picked up earlier.  Some dumb ass came to the door with my lunch, and looked in the window.  When he did'nt see me he freaked out and dropped the plate and hauled ass to staff offices saying that I had split!!  The think room used to be a tool room years ago, and when workers wanted something they came to the door and it had a window and a ledge like in a jail.  Once the tools were signed out, the person inside handed them over.
          Anyway, Chris Casselor unlocks the door, all frantic and shit.  He was just a Staff Trainee back then and he finally looks up and sees me.  I knew I had his ass then.  Now as for heat, yeah, once I got close to the ceiling of that old tool room it must have been 120 degrees up there.  It was so damn hot, that I began scraping my palms along my arms and flicking the sweat down on Chris and the Goon they had sent to bring me my lunch.  Once Chris got rid of the goon, he brought in a couple of chairs and we sat down and had a "treatment evaluation."  He wrote down a whole bunch of the reasons why I was being a jerk, and the things that the program could do to make me stop.  (It must have been damn good, because he made Junior Staff two weeks later)  One of my suggestions was that they open the side door leading to the Chemical Storage Cage that was chain link and locked at all times.  This would bring in fresh air, it is already in the shade out there, if someone splits, they aint going nowhere, and last no one had to guard it.
It was so fucking weird, they opened the door, put a big ass fan over by it pointing towards group, and Chris walks me back to group with his hand on my shoulder like I am a guest or something.  He announces that I have decided to act right.  All at once, the cross ventilation started to take effect, and everyone started coming to life, wondering where the coolness is coming from.  You all feel that?  It was Bob's idea, maybe if he was'nt treated like shit just because he's a newcomer, he could have suggested it sooner.  I played the game for 4 more days, did'nt get what I wanted in Homes Rap, and went back to being a jerk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?