Author Topic: requim for a dream  (Read 1981 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
requim for a dream
« on: June 04, 2002, 02:52:00 PM »
Anyone see the movie Requim for a dream? I saw it yesterday with my 19 year old son, and it got me thinking. First, the movie is about junkies. They sit around smoking dope, shooting heroin, dealing drugs, snorting coke,prostituting, all the while seeming like nice little kids. In the end, One of them has an infected arm amputated, another one ends up in jail, a third becomes a prostitute, and the fourth in a mental hospital.

The movie made me think about something. The result of their drug use is exactly what the program preached would happen to us. This is what our parents thought was going to happen, and they responded by locking us away in the Seedstraightkids, Inc.. Some of them really thought that we would end up this way and rightously believed that Art Barker et al was our savior.

So to my parents, I understand and forgive you. If I truly believed one of my wonderfull children were dying, I do not know to what lengths I would go to to save them, but I do know I would take a bullet for either one of them.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2002-06-04 11:53 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
requim for a dream
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 01:45:00 PM »
A-Men, bruthuh!

Scott W. put it very well when he said "They say that which does not kill us makes us stronger. Ok, but I never needed to be this strong."

One valuable lesson I took from my experience with the Program has been the ability to recognize that path at the head of the trail and avoid taking it. I once had a cop standing at my door offering to 'help' my unruly daughter. All I had to do, he said, was next time we had a big argument, file assault charges against her. I knew better. But if it had not been for my personal experience with that kind of 'help' it might have seemed like a reasonably good idea to me at that moment.

I really, really do understand. I think that, if I'd been born some decades earlier, if muggles and free love had been as foreign ideas to me as they were to our parents, I probably would have taken the same path.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline I'll kick your arse

• View Profile
Re: requim for a dream
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »
I am not an animal