Author Topic: Iraq POW's  (Read 1521 times)

Offline ScottM

• View Profile
Iraq POW's
« on: March 24, 2003, 10:48:00 PM »
Please pray for these people. I don't give a fuck about oil, I don't give a fuck about bullshit claims of weapons of mass destruction but I do give a fuck about the fact the there are Americans locked up in some towel head prison wondering if they are ever going to get home. I relate to that in some fucked up way as I'm sure everyone else here does too. I had a real mixed up dream last night that was pretty much a typical straight dream but with a current event's twist. I was one of a few in the dream to be called forward to basically be put to death in some Iraq prison and I tried to get everyone around me to RUN FOR THE DOOR. No one would go so I ran myself as fast as I possibly could and of course woke up in a sweat right as I hit the doors. I'm so scared for these people that are locked up over there it makes me sick. I haven't had a vocal opinion about this whole supposed conflict but this has really hit it home for me.

I want these people home!! They are so scared and I'm sure it's similar to what we all went through as children but much worse.

Everything is so fucked up right now with this whole war and shrub and papa shrub and all these power mongers bent on running the world and pissing off every single country on the earth that I'm honestly scared.

I didn't sign up for this and I can't believe it's actually happening.

I just had to get that out.

Thanks,

Scott
 :flame:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Iraq POW's
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2003, 04:57:00 AM »
On 2003-03-24 19:48:00, ScottM wrote:
"Please pray for these people. I don't give a fuck about oil, I don't give a fuck about bullshit claims of weapons of mass destruction but I do give a fuck about the fact the there are Americans locked up in some towel head prison wondering if they are ever going to get home.
"

Just to be clear...is it only the Americans we should pray for, or can we pray for the 'towel heads' too? WTF?!?

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
Iraq POW's
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 07:35:00 AM »
I'm glad that all the anti-war protesters say something pro-soldier as soon as CNN sticks a mic in their face.  Fox News on the other hand, doesn't even bother showing such footage.  The Greens, the Libertarians and  the elder anarchists are pro-soldier/anti-war.

Saddam's regime regards public relations as a valuable tool.  We are fortunate that pr was used as a tool to influence them into at least claiming they will abide by the Geneva Convention.  They have stated so for the whole world to see, so now they are accountable for their public relations promise.  I wish this had happened a few soldiers earlier though.

It's a horrible thing that Bush and Saddam have done to us.  They've taken our choices away by offering us nothing but to choose between evil or evil.  By sticking these soldiers into the mix, we are forced to care.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Iraq POW's
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2003, 07:33:00 PM »
Well, pray is probably not exactly the word. But yeah, I'm thinking of all the people caught up in this horrible mess. But I always have. Whe the towers fell, I grieved for the people who died and for their families and for the people who would have to live with this on their concinece. Same thing when Israel entered Jenin. Same think when I started learning about what's been going on in So. America.

Yeah, I pray for the "towel heads" and the soldiers, all of them, and the commanders and the regular folk who are just so damned tired of dancing on a string just to hope to stay alive.

Only pray is not exactly the right word because I don't believe there's a being listening in on a selective sampling of our thoughts. I think what happens on this Earth is up to us poor, unfortunate creatures cursed with understanding. So I'm speaking out loud to some of them, anyone who cares to discuss it.

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
Iraq POW's
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
I've seen about why we are taking these steps: http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/opinio ... okman.html
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Iraq POW's
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »
While the article on Wolfowitz et al is persuasive in explaining the motivation of the US in, if you like "Realpolitic" terms, I suggest there is a certain amorality to the argument.  These guys already had the agenda laid out before 9-11.  They are essentially the fascists of the new millenium.  Not much different, really, from where the British stood a little over 100 years ago.  The British rode for a fall then when jingoism raised it's ugly head.  Colonial wars in Africa and in the Middle East lay the foundation in those regions for the resentment  against anything western.  It was the declaration by Lord Balfour speaking to the Ex-colonial Americans that established the concept of a Zionist state "within Palestine" (then a British protectorate)        and sowed the seeds of Palestinian resentment.  Who was Britain protecting  Palestine from anyway?

And today, make no mistake about it US imperialism is heading us all down a slippery slope to world disaster.  Its more than just in the middle east.  George Bush Senior may have been correst when he said that the Invasion of Kuwait "Could not stand"  , but it wasn't in defence of a democracy.  And the History of the US demonstyrates that it has been imperialistic since at least the 2nd world War.  Before 9-11 even one of the White House Cabinet was able to point out that the US is the most despised nation.  This is not because the US hasmore "freedom"  it is because, with friends like the US, who needs enemies?  Chile before the CIA and Henry Kissinger cooperated with Pinochet to have the democratically elected president overthrown and murdered?  That was regime change.  Granada? The Panama Deception.  And recently the disappointment of the New York Times was palpable when the attempted coup against a democratically elected president in Venezuela failed.  

So please, folks realise that the embedded reporters in Iraq are limited in what they can see and report on and are just going to be cheerleaders for a very nasty and brutish invasion.  Saddam is evil.  But so is this illegal, preemtive war.  Have any chemical weapons been discovered yet? Or Used?

for a non-embedded reporter read:
http://www.democracynow.org/fisk.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Iraq POW's
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »
On 2003-03-25 04:35:00, JDavid wrote:
"
Saddam's regime regards public relations as a valuable tool.  We are fortunate that pr was used as a tool to influence them into at least claiming they will abide by the Geneva Convention.  They have stated so for the whole world to see,"

And the US, under Bush, has stated how uncomfortable it would be in supporting the International Criminal Court (which would try people for war crimes under the Geneva Convention)  Why?  Because it fears that the US Hawks -- Bush, Wolfewitz, Perle, Rumsfelt, KISSINGER could be accused and tried for war crimes themselves.

Oh well that's what comes of making the world safe for hypocrisy