Author Topic: The current "My teen wont forgive me" thread on ST  (Read 30979 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
The current "My teen wont forgive me" thread on ST
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 04:23:36 AM »
Edit: whoops. double post
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 11:56:37 AM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 07:11:07 AM »

psy ... how can kids be so stupid?

Because they were raised by parents like you,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 07:17:20 AM »
i don't personally think it can ever be considered a mistake to send your child somewhere that will keep them alive and hopefully bring them out as a better person

I have to be honest when I say I'd have preffered to have been sent to a hospital or any program even if they mistreated me than been allowed to carry on the way I did as a youngster, the very fact no-one cared enough to stop me has caused more mental harm than any program could ever have done......young ppl just don't see it until they are mature enough to understand that it was done out of love and fear for them

THEY ARE INSANE!
liars,dramatizers,exagerators
all  of them! a pathetic group of assbags if ive seen one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 07:18:20 AM »
AND THAT WAS POSTED BY MOSE - THE "MODERATOR" !

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 10:21:19 AM »
Sometimes when reading something, I'll skim through and come back later.

I have got to learn to stop doing that with ST!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
AND THAT WAS POSTED BY MOSE - THE "MODERATOR" !

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Mose is a fucking dirtbag loser and WillieNelson is KarenInDallas.  These people are right at the top of the hierarchy of morons.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The current "My teen wont forgive me" thread o
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 06:01:11 PM »
Well i finally got around to reading that tripe.  What a bunch of self centred little shits, whining about how THEY are hurt by their bitter children.
Frankly, I hate to imagine what DS will choose for us as we age!

Took the words right out of my mouth.  If I didn't think my parents were truly sorry for sending me where they did, they'd be going to a nursing home a la Abu Ghraibe.  Hmm.  Really unpleasant nursing homes could make a killing advertising on fornits.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 07:19:58 PM »
Saw a sign in a gift shop once that read:
"Be Kind to Your Children. Remember, They Choose Your Nursing Home."

Parents should take notice.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 04:21:51 PM »
young ppl just don't see it until they are mature enough to understand that it was done out of love and fear for them

Don't you mean "young people will be amazed until they mature enough to understand just how far their own parents will go to justify making the wrong decision out of fear and saying it was out of love to guilt trip the victim"?

:flame:

Offline habibi

• View Profile
I frequent both sites
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 09:05:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
We told our daughter that it was better to have a pissed-off kid than a dead one. Our girl was one of those hard-core cases whose body would have been found in a cornfield one day if we didn't have her secured somewhere.

:rofl:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

:P

I'm Darian.  I'm the mom who apparently posted something on ST that really tickled your funny bone.  Care to explain?  Then I'll give you our story.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 09:19:16 PM »
Darian,

What is funny is that this "insane/dead/in jail" tripe is used with everybody.  There are a lot of people who feel this is a marketing tactic, as well as a way for parents to feel comfortable about the decision to send their kids away to an unlicensed facility in an unregulated industry.

You can't predict the future and you cannot know what would have happened if you didn't send your kid to program.  Parents often have the uncanny ability to predict the worst to make themselves feel comfortable with an otherwise dodgy decision.  (ie. "well it's better than the alternative").

Most of the time people just grow out of things, and unless you daughter was  an immediate danger to herself or others should not have been institutionalized based on hypothetical "future crime".  If she was a danger to herself or others she should have been sent to a state licensed mental facility where the doctors there could have diagnosed and treated her properly.

Sure i'd love to hear the story.  And i hope she is doing fine now.

Offline habibi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 10:15:09 PM »
psy,
I know that the "dead r' in jail" mantra is often quoted by those who advocate the use of programs and also by those who ridicule the decisions made by some grieving parents.
In our daughter's case, she was a danger to herself.  I don't want to turn my post into a novel, so I will distill it down to the essentials.

Our child (one of 3) started exhibiting signs of mental illness around preschool age.  We found a child psychiatrist and therapists at a local university medical center.  She remained in therapy for about 4 years.  A complete neuro-psych evaluation determined depression and parasomnia (sleep disorder).  My husband and I were peaceful
attentive, and loving parents.  Loving and involved extended family.  No history of familial mental illness.  No evidence of abuse or molestation of our daughter.
Fast-forward to age 12.  On an overseas trip with grandparents and cousins, she is molested by an older teenage boy.  The hell begins.  Despite the entire family rallying around her with love and support, and despite finding the best local therapist who specializes in sexual abuse and trauma recovery, our daughter spins out of control.
She starts fondling and giving blow jobs to boys in 7th grade.  She leaves the house in the middle of the night and hitchhikes with strangers.  (Yes, we installed a security system).  Gets beaten up, raped and prostituted out when she walks off with strangers at age 14.  From 12 to 14 she is in outpatient therapy and is admitted to a
local adolescent mental health care facility off and on, sometimes for one week, sometimes for 3 weeks at a time.
One summer she disappeared for 9 days.  We live in the rural Midwest where the corn grows very high by August.  Almost every year when the corn is harvested a partially decomposed body is found.  We were absolutely certain that our daughter's body would be found under those circumstances given her tendancy to walk off
with men who were strangers to her.   When we found her, she had lost 10 pounds, was covered in bruises, and spent 5 days in the hospital with an IV.  Didn't seem to faze her.  As soon as she got home she started contacting the men who had abused her.  She admitted to her therapist at a TBS that the plan was for her to rejoin
one of them, drive to Tennessee, and prostitute to feed his heroin addiction.
I've said enough.  I think you get the picture.  We tried to keep her safe, but our state's ONLY long-term inpatient mental health facility had a waiting list of 8 months.  Yeah, we took drastic action or we were going to lose her forever.
Right now she is 19 years old, a sophomore in college, and on the Dean's list.  It was in her RTC where she was finally diagnosed with bi-polar ll.   Wonder of wonders, she was prescribed lithium with an anti-depressant and started to feel like a human being again.
Our daughter still struggles with several issues surrounding her mental illness and sexual abuse.  She probably always will.  But she is alive and moving forward.
Our daughter, my husband and myself have had many long conversations about the merits and drawbacks of residential placement.   We have all come to the conclusion that, for her, placement kept her physically safe while she continued her education and her brain matured.   No more, no less.  She didn't receive any magical, life-changing advice from any of the staff, and she didn't buy into the "program."  She was just kept safe from herself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 10:17:49 PM »
8/10

Offline habibi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 10:23:42 PM »
:question: