Author Topic: HELP!!!  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Needing Help

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
I am trying to find out any information regarding OUTBACK THERAPEUTIC EXPEDITION and its STAFF.  A close friend?s son is scheduled to be shipped off there Friday 4-28-06.  All the research I have done seems to link the staff to other facilities under the ASPEN EDUCATION GROUP (ASPEN ACHIEVEMENT ACADEMY in particular) that have had problems with abuse/death.  I have been in contact with some other helpful people (Shelby Earnshaw @ ISAC Corp, Kathy Moya @ FICA, and Angela S. @ HEAL), and have gotten similar responses from all?Everyone is connected somehow, and everything gets covered up. The Outback staff page has changed within the last 2 days (sounds odd to me) but the employees are: RICK MEEVES, TIM THAYNE, GILLAN SMITH, SARAH ROBERTSON,CLARK HAMMOND, SHAYNE GALLAGHER, MIKE BEDNARZ, BLAIN FISHER, TIM LOWE, GORDON DAY, AND JEFFREY HINTZE. Do you have any insight on any of these people?

I fear for this boy.  I would really appreciate being able to speak to anyone who knows anything.  Time is running out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Sentinel

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »
it sounds like you really care about this kid.  you already know about the child abuse and cover-ups.  i suggest talking to his parents and showing them what you found out ASAP.
its fun to obey the machine\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
OUTBACK IS UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE STATE OF UTAH FOR WHAT i DON'T KNOW BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHECK WITH THE DEPT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES/FAMILY SERVICES AND SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.  SO MUCH OF THIS IS COVERED UP BEFORE THE STATE CAN EVEN FIGURE OUT WHICH END IS UP.  TRUST ME I KNOW - I USE TO BE ON THE INSIDE OF ALL THIS.  RICK IS A GOOD GUY BUT HAS TO STAY ON PER HIS SELLOUT TO AEG.  THE CLINICAL DEPT AINT CRAP (THEY LOST THEIR LAST GUY TO LONE STAR) AND WOODY CROWELL, ADMISSIONS, HAS NO PROFESSIONAL EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND EXCEPT FOR BEING THE BROTHER TO SUE CROWELL SR VP FOR OUTDOOR DIVISION OF AEG, AND OF COURSE, THE FORMER OWNER OF A TRANSPORT SERVICE.  I HEARD THAT OUTBACK WAS GOOD B4 AEG TOOK OVER AND RAISED THEIR DAILY TITHINGS TO THE CORPORATION.  SAME OLD SAME OLD

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »
Well, I've been suspecting as much would happen soon.  These places are in business 5-10 years TOPS before the evidence builds to a level where they have big problems.  I guess you can make a ton of money in five years though, so there are people who will do it.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 10:33:00 PM »
I would want to know if the staff member listed: TIM LOWE is the same TIM LOWE, therapist who worked at Whitmore Academy????
Tim Lowe was the therapist working at Whitmore Academy during the time when 3 of the alleged abuse victims in the criminal case filed against Cheryl Sudweeks were enrolled.

Tim Lowe was the "acting admission director" when we enrolled our daughter at Whitmore in October 2004.
He was licensed through the State of Utah in October 2004, we checked his credentials before enrolling our daughter, since he was to be her therapist.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
I checked the website: it is the same TIM LOWE.
Absolutely amazing is all I can say.
Guess this organization either does no background checks: OR perhaps the owners of Whitmore Academy, Mark or Cheryl Sudweeks, may have given him a "glowing recommendation."

Since Cheryl Sudweeks has been charged with criminal child abuse against 4 children---and he trial is scheduled for September; I'm not really surprised that this "EX-THERAPIST" at Whitmore Academy is now associated with another program that is being discused about the possibility that children are being abused there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »
Wonder why Tim Lowe "forgot" to mention he ever worked at Whitmore Academy on his work history portion on the Outback Therapeutic Expedition website?  Think he forgot about all that?

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »
I sent an email to Outback. Malinda Miller, Admissions Counselor, responded.
She stated TIM LOWE was employed at Outback in Oct 2004. Outback was aware he was previously employed at Whitmore--that TIM LOWE witnessed no abuse at Whitmore because ANY ABUSE happened AFTER he left there.

I sent Ms. Miller another email, telling her that 3 of the children Cherly Sudweeks is charged with abusing were in fact enrolled during the time TIM LOWE was the therapist at Whitmore. Only one boy was abused after he left.

I asked Ms. Miller a second time, WHY isn't Tim Lowe's previous employment at Whitmore Academy disclosed on the Outback website?

I told Ms. Miller that TIM LOWE sent me an email in Oct. 2004 saying he was leaving Whitmore to pursue his PhD education, NOT to take a job at Outback.

Perhaps TIM LOWE will be more truthful in his depositions in the civil and criminal cases.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »
On 2006-05-04 17:40:00, Joyce Harris wrote:

"I sent an email to Outback. Malinda Miller, Admissions Counselor, responded.

She stated TIM LOWE was employed at Outback in Oct 2004. Outback was aware he was previously employed at Whitmore--that TIM LOWE witnessed no abuse at Whitmore because ANY ABUSE happened AFTER he left there.

I sent Ms. Miller another email, telling her that 3 of the children Cherly Sudweeks is charged with abusing were in fact enrolled during the time TIM LOWE was the therapist at Whitmore. Only one boy was abused after he left.

I asked Ms. Miller a second time, WHY isn't Tim Lowe's previous employment at Whitmore Academy disclosed on the Outback website?

I told Ms. Miller that TIM LOWE sent me an email in Oct. 2004 saying he was leaving Whitmore to pursue his PhD education, NOT to take a job at Outback.

Perhaps TIM LOWE will be more truthful in his depositions in the civil and criminal cases."

So he left an abusive program to persue another job.  Why is that wrong?

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »
Why is that wrong?
He was the therapist there while 3 children were being abused, and he did not report the abuse.
That is what is wrong.

He knew he was leaving, yet as the "acting admission director" he recruited, and encouraged our family to enroll our daughter in a program he knew he was leaving because of "problems" at this facility. That is what is wrong.

He lied to his current employers and said that all 4 of the victims in the current criminal case were all abused AFTER HE LEFT WHITMORE, and he knows this is not true. TIM LOWE knows all 4 vicims in this criminal case, and he know when they were enrolled at Whitmore--because he was their therapist. THREE (3) of these victims had gone home by October 2004 when Tim Lowe left Whitmore to go to work at Outback. THEREFORE, these children were not abuse "after he left Whitmore."

Tim Lowe sent us an email and said he was leaving Whitmore to finish his PhD education.

TIM LOWE continually lies.  That is what is wrong.
Perhaps he will find the need to be truthful when he must give depositions in both the criminal and civil cases that are pending.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 09:55:06 PM »
Tim may have known some of the students who were accused of being abused, however, he only  interacted with them on an individual basis and was not aware of any abuse.  One of the owners did not want him to do individuaI therapy for fear he would be manipulated regardless of state law.  In spite of this, therapy continued to occur.  The previous therapist was told he wasn't needed, leaving Tim to do therapy with all 30 or so youth.  Check other facilities and you will find the average therapist to student ratios are between 11:1 and 5:1.  Obviously, he was kept very busy, and may not have been seen as part of the establishment and thus, trusted to talk about poor treatment.  If he was aware of any mistreatment, the state would have investigated.  In light of the above opininated heresay, it would be nice if people would only speak/write when they have the facts.  Tim was never an admissions director let a lone an acting admissions director, because Whitmore did not in fact have anyone in charge of admissions.  This was a family operation.  One must also remember that the charges were only accusations, and were (by the court) in fact NOT found to have any substance or grounds. Thus, the charges were dropped.  I think one would have better things to do, (identifying the specifics of the accusation, the nature of the students enrolled, and the reputations/character of those involved) than worry about a therapist who is trying to help.  I know this therapist of whom you speak, I wish some of you would take the time to get to know him also.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HELP!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 06:08:28 PM »
The charges were not dropped.
Cheryl Sudweeks accepted a plea bargain.
Perhaps Tim Lowe will be truthful in his deposition in the civil case.