Author Topic: Memorial Service - Letter Requesting an Apology- Please sign  (Read 14089 times)

Offline Valhalla

• View Profile
Memorial Service - Letter Requesting an Apology- Please sign
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »
However you sign it, it just needs to be signed by as many of us as possible!  This letter could really make a difference in our lives and in those still suffering today,  what we all went thru 20 some years ago.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2006, 07:20:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Nonconformistlaw""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Do you have to give your real name? I have my reasons for not wanting to.

That is understandable. Like the other poster said...how about your first name only?

Or, if it will let you, why not write "anonymous"? Then, if you feel comfortable with it, include the branch and years?

Cool; thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »
.....and why are we begging for an apology?  If someone cannot admit that they fucked up, do you really think that they will apologize for anything??[/u][/i]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 11:27:06 AM »
.....and why are we begging for an apology?  If someone cannot admit that they fucked up, do you really think that they will apologize for anything??[/u][/i]

Asking is NOT begging.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »
Quote from: ""TS Waygookin""
Well if asking doesn't work I doubt that Noncomformist would be shy about demanding it.

Do what keepeth thou from wilting shall be the loophole in the law.

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »
I'd just like to say that I'm sorry.....

Now go away, I have an intake to do in the AM.
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »
Quote from: ""Fr. Cassian""
I'd just like to say that I'm sorry.....

Now go away, I have an intake to do in the AM.

That was not a sincere apology!  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2006, 01:38:41 PM »
in the AM.

Is that what they're calling it now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2006, 12:45:57 PM »
Whatever.  :D

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2007, 12:08:13 PM »
To: Nancy Reagan, President George Bush, Sr., Former Straight, Inc. Executives, Other Responsible Parties

Survivors of Straight Inc. gathered for a memorial service on November 11, 2006, which was held simultaneously in St. Petersburg, Florida and Springfield, Virginia. We assembled together to collectively remember those former clients of Straight. Inc. who have passed away. Some took their own lives shortly after enduring severe mistreatment and abuse while in Straight, Inc. Others committed suicide for unknown reasons or passed away due to various causes.

Feeling connected to one another by our common traumatic experience in Straight, Inc., Survivors also joined together to acknowledge our personal loss and the pain and suffering stemming from that horrifying ordeal. Many of us lost our integrity, our innocence, our sense of self worth, our youth, our ability to trust others, our family relationships, etc. In addition, many of us still suffer from diagnosed psychological disorders such as posttraumatic stress disorder, severe depression, social phobias, panic disorders, etc. caused by our imprisonment in Straight, Inc. Many Survivors still endure vivid Straight, Inc. nightmares, can still hear the screams of children as they were abused, and cannot forget the abuse we personally endured or witnessed as vulnerable children.

We, the undersigned, Survivor?s of Straight, Inc., respectfully request public acknowledgement from you that Straight, Inc. unjustly committed various crimes, abused children, and utilized extremely unethical practices against innocent young clients, which included, but were not limited to the following:

1) Brainwashing (aka coercive thought reform);
2) Physical abuse;
3) Usage of illegal and or unethical restraints ? children routinely restrained children at the direction of staff for minor infractions (i.e. not motivating, not paying attention, etc.);
4) Unethical forms of extreme humiliation, including but not limited to; beltlooping, no privacy/watched while urinating, defecating, or bathing, motivating;
5) Food deprivation (ie. peanut butter diets, inadequate portions of food);
6) Sleep deprivation ? caused by unwarranted, prolonged daily group hours (12), other time spent in the building (up to at least 3 additional pre and/or post group hours), lengthy commuting time, and in many cases, due to intentionally withholding sleep as punishment for not ?cooperating? to coerce compliance;
7) Verbal abuse ? unduly harsh confrontational tactics that included swearing, screaming, yelling, spitting, belittling, humiliating, etc., a child in front of a large group of child clients;
8.) Sexual abuse;
9) Psychological abuse;
10) Coerced confessions;
11) Unjustifiable and lengthy isolation in intake and/or time out rooms;
12) Denial of necessary medical care;
13) Kidnapping;
14) False Imprisonment;
15) Accepting clients with little/no drug history (the so-called ?dry druggie? theory);
16) Employing uneducated, unprofessional teenage staff.

In addition to acknowledgement that the above-mentioned abuses, crimes, and unethical practices occurred, we respectfully request your formal apology for the following; allowing the abuse, unethical practices and crimes to continue for years, lending your name to, sponsoring, recommending, and/or endorsing Straight Inc., for sending children to Straight Inc., or for failing to properly and/or adequately oversee and monitor Straight, Inc.

We, the Survivors of Straight, Inc. are the walking wounded, but we walk with our heads held high as a community, determined to overcome the injustice we were forced to endure as children while held in Straight, Inc. We are all fighters who feel empowered by the strength we draw from each other. Many Straight, Inc. Survivors are also determined to be healthy, prosperous and productive adults and are resolved to heal and move on.

The community of Straight, Inc. survivors has taken many steps toward healing. Each of us has taken a different approach: some have sought therapy, many regularly communicate and lean on each other for support, and some participate in activities geared toward educating the public about harmful ?treatment? methods, etc. On November 11, 2006, we took another step by holding a memorial service to remember all who were lost. Yet closure is elusive. Receiving acknowledgement and the apology we are owed from those who once had the power to help us, but for whatever reason failed to protect us, would be a significant step toward resolving the flagrant injustice of Straight, Inc. and would facilitate our healing process.

Sincerely,

Straight, Inc. Survivors

http://www.petitiononline.com/295561me/petition.html

It only takes a minute; let's see if anything happens with this thing!

The only required entries are 1st name + branch & years (you can enter last name or initial too if you want.)

Some people were verbose on the "additional comments" part. Nothing wrong with that, but a signature's a signature and the plan is to have 100 before it's sent out! So don't feel like it's a journalism competition or anything, just sign it!!!

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2007, 01:37:02 PM »
My name aint on the e-petition, but I signed at the memorial.  I think there were about 20 people at the memorial and I'm pretty sure they all signed, and It looked like a few of them might'a' signed the e-petition too.  I estimate there are around 56 signatories so far.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

dragonfly

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2007, 08:26:14 PM »

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »
I found this here

Another point I think should be made is that "OPRAH" did an entire show on STRAIGHT in the 80s and the admin numbers jummped. To this day "OPRAH" has NEVER made an attempt to amend or take any responsability for being dupped into the STRAIGHT GAME.

Maybe you could put her on your list..........
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 08:58:07 AM »
what should you expect outta Oprah?   She is a cunt, and I don't expect her to do anything 'cept for her peeps anyway.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
what should you expect outta Oprah?   She is a cunt, and I don't expect her to do anything 'cept for her peeps anyway.

As much as I agree with the first part of that statement, I'll say what's the harm in taking a long shot? Send the fat cunt a copy, what the hell.