Author Topic: Problems at Hyde School  (Read 10798 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Hyde's problems
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 05:47:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Yes, Hyde is very good at encouraging self-examination -- except when it's Hyde that needs self-examination.  Certain staff, and definitely Joe G., love to prance around and point fingers at students and parents, lecturing them about the importance of self-examination.  But should anyone DARE suggest to Hyde staff that they take a good, long, hard look at themselves they're met with the usual Hyde BS.  I'm still waiting for Hyde to live up to its own ideals; they're far from it, which is why they have such a lousy reputation in so many quarters.  Many of us see Hyde for what it is, which ain't great.

Yes, but hyde could be great.  In my day they called it " your unique potential"  Hyde is not liking up to it's unique potential.

Neo Loughjizm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 10:52:41 AM »
Yes, Hyde is very good at encouraging self-examination -- except when it's Hyde that needs self-examination.  Certain staff, and definitely Joe G., love to prance around and point fingers at students and parents, lecturing them about the importance of self-examination.  But should anyone DARE suggest to Hyde staff that they take a good, long, hard look at themselves they're met with the usual Hyde BS.  I'm still waiting for Hyde to live up to its own ideals; they're far from it, which is why they have such a lousy reputation in so many quarters.  Many of us see Hyde for what it is, which ain't great.

Yes, but hyde could be great.  In my day they called it " your unique potential"  Hyde is not liking up to it's unique potential.

Neo Loughjizm

I am not living up to my potential. The previous post should say "Hyde is not LIVING"  I would like to add, I am disappointed my comment have not spurred a more lively dilectic.

Neil Loughjizm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 12:12:44 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

I am not living up to my potential. The previous post should say "Hyde is not LIVING"  I would like to add, I am disappointed my comment have not spurred a more lively dilectic.

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2006, 02:07:22 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

Damn, yes that is what I meant.  Bad posterI  I need to confont my attitude, perhap dig a 6x6x6 hole or move firewood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

NeoLoughjizm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2006, 02:44:08 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

Damn, yes that is what I meant.  Bad posterI  I need to confont my attitude, perhap dig a 6x6x6 hole or move firewood.

NeoLoughjizm

Just curious about your moniker, Niel...

"Main Entry: ne·ol·o·gism
Pronunciation: nE-'ä-l&-"ji-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French néologisme, from ne- + log- + -isme -ism
1 : a new word, usage, or expression
2 : a meaningless word coined by a psychotic
- ne·ol·o·gis·tic  /-"ä-l&-'jis-tik/ adjective"

Any comments?   ::rainbow::
-Manny

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

NeoLoughjizm

-Manny

Yes it is true, especially #2

Kneel Loughjizm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2006, 03:14:18 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

NeoLoughjizm

-Manny

The harder they come ...
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/harderth ... ocross.htm

neough

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2006, 03:17:32 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

NeoLoughjizm

-Manny

Kneel Loughjizm

V E R Y   C L E V E R ... and funny!  
 :nworthy:  ::bigsmilebounce::  :nworthy:
-Manny

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2006, 04:29:13 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

NeoLoughjizm

-Manny

Kneel Loughjizm

-Manny

Manny,

U2  I life the Cliff reference.

N Loughjizm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2006, 04:34:35 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

NeoLoughjizm

-Manny

Kneel Loughjizm

-Manny

Manny,

N Loughjizm

damn

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 05:02:20 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

NeoLoughjizm

-Manny

Kneel Loughjizm

-Manny

Manny,

N Loughjizm

damn

My favorite dictionary (only American one that is etymologically correct); best to peruse tactilely, but the online version isn't too bad...

http://www.m-w.com/

-Manny

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »

Neo Loughjizm

Neil Loughjizm

You mean "dialectic?"

NeoLoughjizm

-Manny

Kneel Loughjizm

-Manny

Manny,

N Loughjizm

damn

A belated thnx to your expressed likings (I can be a bit obtuse sometimes)...
-Manny
 :wstupid:

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
    • http://www.garyeskow.com
Re: Problems at Hyde School
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2006, 04:53:32 PM »
One of the postings said that Tom Lord was fired from Hyde.  I don't know if that's true or not.  Does anyone know the facts?[/quote]

Tom Lord made offered us some of the most trenchant insights into our son that either my wife or I had ever heard.  As some of you know, I was the victim of one of Joe's rants, and was chucked out of Hyde as a result of it.  I was able to reach an acceptable financial settlement with the school with the help of John Williams, a Hartford attorney.

A year later I still fondly recall many of the moments I spent in the Hyde community and am deeply troubled by other, darker aspects of it.

Anyone who is interested in reading my account can e mail me.

Gary Eskow
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Problems at Hyde School
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2006, 08:48:07 AM »
Quote from: ""gary eskow""
One of the postings said that Tom Lord was fired from Hyde.  I don't know if that's true or not.  Does anyone know the facts?

Tom Lord made offered us some of the most trenchant insights into our son that either my wife or I had ever heard.  As some of you know, I was the victim of one of Joe's rants, and was chucked out of Hyde as a result of it.  I was able to reach an acceptable financial settlement with the school with the help of John Williams, a Hartford attorney.

A year later I still fondly recall many of the moments I spent in the Hyde community and am deeply troubled by other, darker aspects of it.

Anyone who is interested in reading my account can e mail me.

Gary Eskow
[email protected][/quote]

So when the hyde model is applied to the whole education system and you disagree with the oberJoe where will you get chuck out to?  Turkmenastan?

Offline gary eskow

• View Profile
    • http://www.garyeskow.com
Problems at Hyde School
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »
So when the hyde model is applied to the whole education system and you disagree with the oberJoe where will you get chuck out to? Turkmenastan?

I don't understand this... of course, public education will never adopt the cultic model that Hyde does--- you realize I'm sure that the premise is not reasonable.  The important issue has nothing to do with me, though I will say that I've had no problem working with the public school system to affect change.

You seem angry- I hope I'm wrong! By the way- who are you?
Peace,
Gary Eskow