Author Topic: Public letter of Response to Benchmark Tour Offer  (Read 36399 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Public letter of Response to Benchmark Tour Offer
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 09:43:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
How exactly does one "walk away" without any identification, posessions, or money?

You put one foot in front of the other, find a payphone and call a friend. Or whatever, this isn't children we are talking about. Call the cops, tell them somebody stole your ID and won't give it back.

You keep asking same question.  Already answered.  But ther's a new one there too: Calling Friends.

My friends were overseas.  5000 Miles away.  Do you have any idea how many quarters that would take.  I dunno.  Maybe they could swim over.

They did not like to accept students from nearby (i assume this since there were none afaik).  There would really be no point.  They'd split like a bananna.  Program justified this by saying kids needed to be far away from thier old "unhealthy" aquaintences.  Even if a kid had no drug issues this was the case.

They told me i could talk to my GF on the phone and write her (before admission of course).  They lied, she thought I was ignoring her / had forgotten about her.  The rest of my friends were somewhat surprised when I finally surfaced.

I'm going to ignore you from now on unless you start asking new questions and register, Rich / whoever else there who actually knows how to type.  Be a man about it.  I'm not posting anonymously.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 09:52:30 PM »
Be a man about it. I'm not posting anonymously.

:P  :rofl:  ::soapbox::  ::bigmouth::  ::bwahaha2:: :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Look
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 10:12:49 PM »
GOD I have never seen such immaturirty. Dude it was years ago! You are doing great now. just let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 10:13:44 PM »
Well it's about beddie bye time for me but I'll be back tomorrow.  Nite nite mister troll.  Thanks for the FAQ questions.  :D

Oh.  Before I go I have a few links fellow ex-students of Benchmark Young Adult School might be interested in.

To those who went through Friendship Workshop:

http://http://www.isaccorp.org/lifespring/selfmag.pdf
Also see the CEDU section of this forum.  Search for "profeets". or "workshops"

Take your time.  There's a lot of information and it's a head trip to read.  Yes there is a connection.  But more about that tomorrow.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Look
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »
Quote from: ""ITDONTMATTER""
GOD I have never seen such immaturirty. Dude it was years ago! You are doing great now. just let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

typing a username in doesn't count I'm going to assume you're Rich or another staffer and address you as such.

I know I am doing very well.  How would you know this?  Also how do you know how long ago it was.  It is you.

If my parents had listened to your advice I would probably be searching through dumpsters right now.  This is not about me.  Revenge only keeps you motivated for so long.

This is about an e-mail for help i got from a friend after you dropped him on the streets. It reads as follows:

Mike!  Please E-mail me.  Tell me a good time to call your house!  We need to get in touch!  Send my mail to **************@*****.com and E-mail j**** the rapist at *******@******.com  (have you saved enough yet?)  I'm on the streets - b****

If you're who I think you are you know full well the significance of the above message that i am not elaborating on.  You now know exactly why I cannot let it go.

There are two many parents who believe their kids to be fuck-ups when it was all a web of lies.  There are too many kids bitter at their parents, thinking they must have known everything.

There are too many of my friends who were dropped on the streets and now I have no idea what has happened to them.  I made it on my feet, because somebody helped me (as you would never have done), and i have a responsability to make sure i help others who were in my position.

It has to stop.  And I will not give up until it does.  If it were still not happening i would gladly move on.  But I will not move on and leave others behind. (as i once did.  I'm sorry B****.)

What can I accomplish?  The unreasonable.

gNight

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: Look
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 10:55:53 PM »

What's your attachment to Psy "letting it go"?
Is your happiness or financial well-being dependent on it?
How about, you "letting go" of your need for Psy to let it go?
Note the little X in the right hand corner of your screen. If his experience is too painful for you to read, and you don't have a vested interest in silencing him, then relieve yourself by clicking it. But lay-off the tempor tantrum. You're the only one exhibiting a lack of maturity in this thread.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 11:10:57 PM »
This troll may be an asshole but he does raise a fair question. What does make a kid over 18 sign into such a place? And what would make someone who is pushing 30 agree? i get that once you are in it is hard to get out. I am also sympathetic to the young people there.
But why? Do some of them have substance abuse problems and think they are going into a bonafide rehab facility?Are some under intense family pressure after leaving an underage TBS? are some genuinely mentally ill? Court appointed? It seems that there are a few "young adult" places coming up which again market to parents not kids.

This, and the profit angle, seems to where they differ from 1/2 way houses that many charitable organisations set up to help homeless and seriously at risk young people get back on track.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SO
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 11:51:50 PM »
You guys have no place to judge me. I know some if not all these adults went/go thru.  I have been there too... Psy... Were you calling me a b**** :(

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MAN wtf
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 12:10:49 AM »
G-d people are stupid itdontmatter soundz like staff! :flame:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 12:20:43 AM »
Look at their website:
http://www.benchmarkyoungadultschool.co ... e&Itemid=1

Our young people are referred to us by educational consultants, psychologists, psychiatrists, other emotional growth schools and by parents who know our work.

Despite their best efforts and intentions, families who seek to place their ADULT CHILD in our school have come to the realization that assistance is vitally necessary.

At Benchmark, we understand the emotional toll the situation has caused. We do our best to help students achieve success in our program and to help families adjust to the changes. We strongly believe that with support and an abundant supply of ?tough love? from parents, family and friends, our students are more likely to successfully complete the program. In turn, this will bring about emancipation and the rewards associated with that process.

Once the student has enrolled in Benchmark, we invite parents to join us for our Parent Seminar, a two-day workshop that provides families with an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding and orientation of Benchmark Young Adult School.

Parent Seminar introduces the Benchmark curriculum and our counseling philosophies. We provide insights into parenting young adults and teach new skills for families to utilize when interacting with their Benchmark student.

Finally, we show that the role of the parents and family can positively change as the student gains his or her independence through new found skills attained at Benchmark Young Adult School.

And, their contract.
http://www.benchmarkyoungadultschool.co ... ntract.pdf
Pay up front, preferably, and no refunds. No lawsuit either.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 12:30:38 AM »
What...

...the...

...FUCK?!

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 12:49:06 AM »
Yes i did see the website deborah. But given that the kid is 18 or even not a kid at all if they are 28, how on earth does the familiy in most cases get the young adult to agree. Surley even if they are mentally ill a person cant legally be placed there without consent as an adult?
i understand that in the US often the family has to pay the UNI fees up front so that this can be a leverage point. My question was not designed to belittle the alumni of Benchmark or any other similar place, i am genuinely curious as to what would make someone agree to walk through the door of a programme designed for the parents not the "kid"
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SO
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 06:59:46 AM »
You guys have no place to judge me. I know some if not all these adults went/go thru.  I have been there too... Psy... Were you calling me a b**** :(

No.  I am referring to a specific name of a specific person you and your cohorts dropped on the streets.  You know exactly who I am talking about.  Don't play stupid.

And no you don't know what most or all of the adults went through.  Judged on the Keywords you use to advertise your site to the search
engines for example:

meta name="keywords" content="mambo, Mambo, Benchmark Young Adult School, help for troubled teen, adolescent behavior problem, young adult behavior problem, depression in adolescents, adolescent depression, shy and withdrawn teens, teens at risk, young adults at risk, aspergers syndrome, substance abuse in teens, substance abuse in young adults, drug abuse in teens, drug abuse in young adults, problem teens, teen behavior problem, at risk adolescents, at risk young adults, at risk youth, youthful offenders, teen learning disabilities, young adults learning disabilities, tough love, emotional growth, emotional growth schools, oppositional-defiant, borderline behavior, behavior disorder, behavior modification, schools for at risk teens, difficult teens, at risk youth program, intervention program risk youth, troubled teen private school" meta name="Generator" content="Mambo - Copyright 2000 - 2005 Miro International Pty Ltd.  All rights reserved."
(emphasis added, html symbols removed)

What qualificiationsdoes an ex pothead have (yes i'm talking to you Rich.) to make those claims:

And no everything can NOT be cured through AA.  Not even they claim that, although your staff do (witnesses, Rich.  lots of em).

Read the above quotations Oz.  It should answer your question.  If not, gimme a call and i can be a lot more explicit.[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 04:16:27 PM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MAN wtf
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 07:00:54 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
G-d people are stupid itdontmatter soundz like staff! :flame:

you are correct (probably).  I'd say it's about 70-30.  Might be an ed-con
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 07:53:55 AM by Guest »

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 07:12:13 AM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Yes i did see the website deborah. But given that the kid is 18 or even not a kid at all if they are 28, how on earth does the familiy in most cases get the young adult to agree.

Because the ed-con who pitched benchmark to me and my parents advertised it as a Bording school with Therapeutic aspects.  That's a relatively new website.  The old one is here.

To answer your question simply:They do not adveritise as they are.  It looks like a wonderful place when you visit.  I was fooled.  So were many others.

Students interviewed by prospective students and parents are cherry picked.  They make it seem wonderful.  You end up thinking: "gee this place seems really nice".

Surley even if they are mentally ill a person cant legally be placed there without consent as an adult?
i understand that in the US often the family has to pay the UNI fees up front so that this can be a leverage point.

Yup.  no refunds after 5 days.  No parental contact for 30.  I forget what reason they state on the tour for this but they make i sound really plausable (especially for those who know nothing at all about programs).

My question was not designed to belittle the alumni of Benchmark or any other similar place, i am genuinely curious as to what would make someone agree to walk through the door of a programme designed for the parents not the "kid"

No need to apologize ozzie :lol:.  It's good you ask these questions.