Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Benchmark Young Adult School / Benchmark Transitions

Public letter of Response to Benchmark Tour Offer

(1/12) > >>

psy:
Warning milk!!.  The following quote comes from strugglingteens.com

--- Quote ---BENCHMARK YOUNG ADULT SCHOOL
Redlands, California
CKC Consultant Tour Services Schedules Tour
Of Benchmark Young Adult School In December
CKC Consultant Tour Services
www.ckctours.com
Or-Richard Brimhall
800-474-4848
www.ckctours.com or contact Richard Brimhall at [email protected] or 800-474-4848.
--- End quote ---

To which I will respond publicly:

--- Quote ---Hey Rich,

I understand Benchmark is a full member of NATSAP.  Since NATSAP has offered public tours for anybody to visit any of their programs, I would like to tour Benchmark.  I understand a tour is already planned for December 4th.  I would suppose this time to be convenient (since tour arrangements are already made) for me to visit.  It's always nice to take vacations with company anyway.

If this time is somehow not convenient, I would still desire to see how far benchmark has come at a time you might find more convenient. I look forward to seeing how Benchmark has transformed itself.  I truly hope it has changed for the better since my stay there.

A few questions first:

Will I be able to pick a student / several to interview privately on record?

The reason I ask is so as to avoid cynical people thinking the students interviewed were cherry picked and/or implicitly threatened with consequences.  We all know there are a lot of people out there who will buy all kind of fanciful conspracy theories about programs if things are not kept completely transparant.

Will i be able to ask questions of the staff on record?

Before you respond, you should know I am posting this letter online (on wwf.fornits.com) as an open response to your tour invitation on Lon's site (strugglingteens.com).  Any response will also be posted online.

Thank you in advance,
Michael Crawford
--- End quote ---

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---Benchmark is a residential school for 18-28 year old students. Combining education, emotional growth, independent living and work skills, we provide the necessary resources for students to transition successfully into adulthood.

--- End quote ---

This is fucking hilarious!  :rofl: This program is for 18-28 year old ADULTS, who are called "young adults" and are going to be helped to "transition into adulthood"?! LOL - that transition happened a while ago, sorry ... time to grow up! Ironically this is posted on Struggling Teens, is that right? Even though it's all people's parents over there posting for them.. who lets their parents run their life after 18 and be in a program.. please. If these people want to be in a program, let 'em. They can walk out at anytime. If anything it shows how pathetic people are. I will take the tour to go laugh at them.  :rofl:

psy:

--- Quote from: ""Guest"" ---
--- Quote ---Benchmark is a residential school for 18-28 year old students. Combining education, emotional growth, independent living and work skills, we provide the necessary resources for students to transition successfully into adulthood.

--- End quote ---

This is fucking hilarious!  :rofl: This program is for 18-28 year old ADULTS, who are called "young adults" and are going to be helped to "transition into adulthood"?! LOL - that transition happened a while ago, sorry ... time to grow up! Ironically this is posted on Struggling Teens, is that right? Even though it's all people's parents over there posting for them.. who lets their parents run their life after 18 and be in a program.. please. If these people want to be in a program, let 'em. They can walk out at anytime. If anything it shows how pathetic people are. I will take the tour to go laugh at them.  :rofl:
--- End quote ---

There are ways of keeping people in places they don't want to be.  Even over 18.  What if they were to deny you your identification, money, and posessions if you decided to leave program?  This is what happened to me.  Redlands is not exactly a crime-free paradise and you don't want to be on the streets in such a condition.

My parents and I were told it was a "boarding school with theraputic aspects".  They sever communication for the first 30 days, and monitor phone calls after that.  Sound familiar?  The owner of the school is the former director of CEDU's Hilltop Instutite (CEDU's college in Running Springs).  Benchmark is basically a CEDU clone.

Don't laugh.  They just found a way to keep kids in virtual imprisonment longer.  It's not funny at all.  The bars aren't there but the hopelessness is just as tangible.  And when they drop students on the streets (when their parents run out of cash) in a not exactly crime free area, it's not quite as pretty a situation as when minors are safely returned to their parent's custody.  Parents are encouraged NOT to take thier children back into the home.  Most parents listened.  Luckily mine didn't.

Otherwise I wouldn't be posting here.

Any questions?

CCM girl 1989:
Redlands? I'll have to look that up. Don't know where that is?

Anonymous:
This place is beyond lame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version