Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Hyde Schools

thoughts about hyde

<< < (2/12) > >>

kruncked:
my daughter was at hyde as freshman last year...her father and I are divorced.  He did not want me involved with the parent program since he was the paying parent.  We have a shared parenting plan, and at summer challenge he got away with that ....but not after Hyde saw I existed... then I was allowed to participate after that.  I did..and invovled myself a lot with the Hyde process.....and this dad did not like this and would not re enroll her the following year, and I was disappointed.  I would like my daughter back at Hyde and she would like to be there too.  I am still involved with the parent progam without being enrolled at Hyde and I get a lot of value from this process dispite the negitive feedback on this site.  I am happy for the skills she learned,because my daughter recieved a lot of confidence from this school that helped her make a transistion to another school.... and I give Hyde the credit for that dispite her horrible parents.....

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: ""Guest"" ---Whats the story with all this sexual abuse by teachers?  There are posts all over this site about several incidences?  Doesn't Hyde screen their teachers?  Do you think the problem could be the type of teachers Hyde attracts and the low salaries they pay?  How could it be that there is no one watching out for our kids and no accountability?
--- End quote ---

The question is, why are we hearing about abuses at Hyde including sexual abuse by teachers and staff?  Is there any accountability outside school grounds?  Is there a watchdog committee making sure our kids are safe?  How does the govt intervene with private boarding school?

No doubt what you are sharing is important, but it is equally important that we find out about anything harmful at Hyde and this website is exposing a lot of negativity regarding the boarding schools.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: ""kruncked"" ---my daughter was at hyde as freshman last year...her father and I are divorced.  He did not want me involved with the parent program since he was the paying parent.  We have a shared parenting plan, and at summer challenge he got away with that ....but not after Hyde saw I existed... then I was allowed to participate after that.  I did..and invovled myself a lot with the Hyde process.....and this dad did not like this and would not re enroll her the following year, and I was disappointed.  I would like my daughter back at Hyde and she would like to be there too.  I am still involved with the parent progam without being enrolled at Hyde and I get a lot of value from this process dispite the negitive feedback on this site.  I am happy for the skills she learned,because my daughter recieved a lot of confidence from this school that helped her make a transistion to another school.... and I give Hyde the credit for that dispite her horrible parents.....
--- End quote ---

Clearly you have a big problem with an "ex" and clearly you need help with this.  It would be wise for you to seek professional counseling rather than advice from staff at Hyde whose lives are more screwed up than yours.  You might as well go to a free 12 step program where they aren't after your money.

I challenge you to look around the room at Hyde and see what type of people are "committed" and "involved."  Listen closely and then read up on Cults.  Look for the resemblance.  I look at the Hyde website and see the names of the same confused staff and parents in key positions years later.  Although they feel they are getting a lot out of Hyde, they are right where they were years ago.  Only difference is they have Hyde to lean on and feel a certain security sharing their misery with others in the same boat.

I don't mean to be hard on you, but I am trying to get you to face reality.  Great that you feel you are getting something out of Hyde, but is it really anymore than having people pat you on the back and say, "I can relate to that?"  Why are those same key people still struggling with the same problems they had 25 years ago?

Anonymous:
yes, absolutely. i was thinking the other day that there are more than enough outspoken victims of hyde to orgonize resistance. i am very interested in starting some sort of website or something to dispell myths about the virtues of hyde and educate people before they get sucked in.... i have no experience with this sort of thing but i feel like it is my responsibiliy to fight this thing. lets get in touch somehow?....

Anonymous:
whattya call this?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version