Author Topic: Why it doesn't matter if there's good programs.  (Read 4866 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
Why it doesn't matter if there's good programs.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Where's CCM girl?  She's the one who's been promoting "good programs" lately.  She should be in on this.

Very funny! I wish I knew who my little buddy was here. Get off it! For crying out loud I mentioned a couple programs that worked for me, big freakin deal.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 12:06:53 PM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""
Where's CCM girl?  She's the one who's been promoting "good programs" lately.  She should be in on this.

Very funny! I wish I knew who my little buddy was here. Get off it! For crying out loud I mentioned a couple programs that worked for me, big freakin deal.  :roll:

It was a little more than that.  You told people that anyone who doesn't believe there are good programs out there is an idiot.  It struck a nerve with a few people and we said something about it.  Now a thread has been started to specifically address that particular issue and you're nowhere to be found so I asked where you were.  Big freakin deal. :roll:

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 12:25:32 PM »
Fine, you have a point. Probably what I should have said was something more along the lines that people are being close minded if they really truely believe that there are not some good programs, mixed in with the thousands that exist. That 100% of programs are bad, and abusive. It's just not possible.

I however DO believe that there are a lot of programs that are bad, and harmful to a child. But, I am not going to slap a label on all of them that say they are all BAD!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »
I will.  All programs that use the therapeutic community approach are BAD BAD BAD!

Offline survivor122770

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 08:58:01 PM »
Quote from: ""CCM girl 1989""
Fine, you have a point. Probably what I should have said was something more along the lines that people are being close minded if they really truely believe that there are not some good programs, mixed in with the thousands that exist. That 100% of programs are bad, and abusive. It's just not possible.

I however DO believe that there are a lot of programs that are bad, and harmful to a child. But, I am not going to slap a label on all of them that say they are all BAD!

i am sure there is a decent program thrown in here and there, but how would parents discern the difference. until the government comes up with a way to supervise, monitor, and regulate these programs they should all be shut down to stop the abuse of children. i would rather tag them all bad and shut them down than leave 1000 open to harm our children because there are 2 good ones open. the end doesnt justify the means. a few children get help at the expense of many others. or here is a concept: how about parents get back to being parents and quit sending there children away in the first place. the programs are the supply and the parents are the demand. without demand there would be no need for supply.
was tortured at bethel childrens home for 4 yrs 84-88 i was there when it was raided

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 10:04:45 PM »
Part of the problem is that "good" is defined as non abusive. Lets say a programme adequately feeds kids, does not physically abuse them or force "therapy" onto them or have bizarre punishments and petty level systems. This merely means that the kid wont come out traumatised by the experience. It does not really actively help with whatever problem the kids is there for.

If a place has kids from 12 to 18 and claims to treat everything from brattiness, to aspergers, to adoption issues to alcohol and drug use this to me is a red flag because the range of issues and kids is so broad and very few "therapists" are qualified to look after so many things. It encourages the idea that it is ok for a kid who is causing their family any level of grief to become some well paid stanger's complete responsibility. Because a kid prefers a programme to life at home does not mean that the programme is good. It could just mean that life at home is really shit.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 11:39:12 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Part of the problem is that "good" is defined as non abusive. Lets say a programme adequately feeds kids, does not physically abuse them or force "therapy" onto them or have bizarre punishments and petty level systems. This merely means that the kid wont come out traumatised by the experience. It does not really actively help with whatever problem the kids is there for.

If a place has kids from 12 to 18 and claims to treat everything from brattiness, to aspergers, to adoption issues to alcohol and drug use this to me is a red flag because the range of issues and kids is so broad and very few "therapists" are qualified to look after so many things. It encourages the idea that it is ok for a kid who is causing their family any level of grief to become some well paid stanger's complete responsibility. Because a kid prefers a programme to life at home does not mean that the programme is good. It could just mean that life at home is really shit.

i agree with you. there are no "good" programs by my standards of the definition, however to attend a non-abusive program compared to the four years of horror i went through, and to come out not traumatised compared to what i deal with on a daily basis would be "good". dont get me wrong , i despise all programs, even the non-abusive ones. they remind me of title loan places and rent to own stores,they are just waiting to prey on parents who feel helpless. parents need to step up and realize they are hurting their children for life. maybe i could have found something positive to draw from if i had not been abused, now, on the contrary, life is a daily struggle for me. if you ask me there is no place in our country for any of them.

Offline survivor122770

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 11:41:55 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""

i agree with you. there are no "good" programs by my standards of the definition, however to attend a non-abusive program compared to the four years of horror i went through, and to come out not traumatised compared to what i deal with on a daily basis would be "good". dont get me wrong , i despise all programs, even the non-abusive ones. they remind me of title loan places and rent to own stores,they are just waiting to prey on parents who feel helpless. parents need to step up and realize they are hurting their children for life. maybe i could have found something positive to draw from if i had not been abused, now, on the contrary, life is a daily struggle for me. if you ask me there is no place in our country for any of them.

oops, i dont know what my issue is with logging in.
was tortured at bethel childrens home for 4 yrs 84-88 i was there when it was raided

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2006, 03:23:26 PM »
Bumpity bump. I'm not so egotistical as to sticky my own topics.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 11:14:13 PM »
Aaaaaaaaand another bump.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 11:42:04 PM »
NECROPOST OLD MILK THREAD

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »
exactly..

A cell no matter how comfortable and nice it happens to be is still a damn cell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 06:38:53 PM »
needs a bump

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2007, 06:40:52 PM »
epic thread.