Author Topic: Possible Area Of Focus?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Possible Area Of Focus?
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:58:58 AM »
So we all know about how HLA allegedly uses the 'bonus program' to give counselors a reason to keep kids in their peer group despite the progress they have made (or not made for that matter). But when I read that post a while back, I noticed that it said that once a counselor loses 50% of their members, the bonus no longer applies to them. I don't know if that post was exact or a model, but assuming that it was exact, what incentive do counselors have to keep students there once they are below 50%. I know that PG80 has like 25% of their peer group left, so what drives them to not recommend the ones that are doing well to go home. Has anybody ever heard of a counselor being fired for recommending that a student is fine? I know that while I was there plenty of counselors were fired or they would quit, but no explanation was given (Bill White was the biggest one). If anybody could answer this and/or look into it, it would be nice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Possible Area Of Focus?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 08:33:40 AM »
You would not be fired specifically for that.  What most likely would happen is you would be on Dr. B's radar and he would soon find a reason to fire you.  Basically you would be labeled as someone who does not support the program or just doesn't understand what they are doing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Possible Area Of Focus?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:05:52 PM »
Bill white was fired because he did not follow directions without questioning them and he was black

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Possible Area Of Focus?
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:14:47 PM »
There was more to it than that.  Not that I am saying it was justified.  It had nothing to do with him being black.  There have been several other black counselors that the school has been very happy with as far as I can tell.

One thing that HLA has not had is a black person in management.