Author Topic: That woman  (Read 4487 times)

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
That woman
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:54:44 PM »
FLCLcowdude (7:32:27 PM): Your poor children...
NikeKSA1 went away at 7:32:27 PM.
NikeKSA1 (7:33:07 PM): my children are adults
FLCLcowdude (7:33:21 PM): Well, when they were children...
NikeKSA1 (7:33:38 PM): and you are the expert on them why?
NikeKSA1 (7:33:45 PM): they seem to be just fine, thanks
FLCLcowdude (7:34:06 PM): Yeah, because you traumatized them into being that way...
NikeKSA1 (7:34:22 PM): first of all, only 1 went to any type of program
NikeKSA1 (7:34:31 PM): and the one who went to a program is far from traumatized
FLCLcowdude (7:34:48 PM): I went to a program
NikeKSA1 (7:34:53 PM): which one?
FLCLcowdude (7:34:55 PM): HLA
FLCLcowdude (7:35:00 PM): I have nightmares
NikeKSA1 (7:35:02 PM): HLA sounds pretty bad
FLCLcowdude (7:35:22 PM): Programs are nothing but a joke
NikeKSA1 (7:35:33 PM): I disagree- there are some good programs
FLCLcowdude (7:35:34 PM): They are basicly expensive rehab
FLCLcowdude (7:35:41 PM): Like what?
NikeKSA1 (7:35:50 PM): Second Nature, Carlbrook
NikeKSA1 (7:36:03 PM): my son did not need rehab
NikeKSA1 (7:36:03 PM): he was not a substance abuser
FLCLcowdude (7:36:16 PM): But why would you ever send your kid to one?
NikeKSA1 (7:36:27 PM): he needed strict supervision, therapy
FLCLcowdude (7:36:39 PM): He needs a mother, someone to love him!
NikeKSA1 (7:36:41 PM): because he could not stay at home and had ruined his educational options
NikeKSA1 (7:36:59 PM): he still had a mother AND a father who loved him and saved his future
NikeKSA1 (7:37:03 PM): he appreciates that
FLCLcowdude (7:37:07 PM): And don't tell me you loved him so much you sent him away
NikeKSA1 (7:37:32 PM): he was stealing from our home, stealing our cars- wrecked two of our cars, one in a near fatal accident which almost killed one of his friends
NikeKSA1 (7:37:44 PM): was kicked out of a prep school he loved
FLCLcowdude (7:37:50 PM): Why?
NikeKSA1 (7:37:52 PM): was stealing from parents of friends
FLCLcowdude (7:38:02 PM): If he loved it, he wouldn't have gotten kicked out
NikeKSA1 (7:38:14 PM): that's stupid- he thought he was entitled to break rules
FLCLcowdude (7:38:27 PM): Because, you led him to believe thta
NikeKSA1 (7:38:29 PM): prep schools have strict rules, and he pushed the limits too far
FLCLcowdude (7:38:29 PM): *that
NikeKSA1 (7:38:49 PM): he got kicked out of a school at the end of 8th grade and another at the end of 10th
NikeKSA1 (7:38:56 PM): what do you suggest we should have done?
FLCLcowdude (7:39:15 PM): I suggest you should have never sent him away in the first place
FLCLcowdude (7:39:24 PM): Boys need their mothers!
FLCLcowdude (7:39:36 PM): They need someone who won't feed them a ration of shit
FLCLcowdude (7:39:51 PM): You set your kids up for failure
FLCLcowdude (7:40:06 PM): With age comes maturity
NikeKSA1 (7:40:16 PM): that's funny- my son is one of the most successful young men you will ever meet
FLCLcowdude (7:40:31 PM): He got that way by not listening to you!
NikeKSA1 (7:40:39 PM): perhaps
FLCLcowdude (7:40:52 PM): Thank you, case in point...
NikeKSA1 (7:41:09 PM): the issue isn't my parenting- the issue is whether my son was harmed by a program- and he wasn't
FLCLcowdude (7:41:33 PM): The issue is your parenting sucks, so you sent him to somewhere worse
NikeKSA1 (7:41:35 PM): he gained a lot of maturity- realized what he was costing himself- got his shit together and got out of the program before completing it
NikeKSA1 (7:41:47 PM): Second Nature and Carlbrook were fine for him
NikeKSA1 (7:42:02 PM): he hated Carlbrook, but realized he needed to bew there to assure the future he wanted
FLCLcowdude (7:42:24 PM): Ever see thoes jenny cragi commercials, where they say results are not typical
NikeKSA1 (7:42:28 PM): I'm sorry you have trouble understanding that, but I don't think you understand how kids at the level of mine function
FLCLcowdude (7:42:28 PM): You got lucky
NikeKSA1 (7:42:43 PM): many of the kids from Carlbrook are doing really well
FLCLcowdude (7:42:45 PM): I am a kid at that level!
NikeKSA1 (7:42:49 PM): not all- but many
NikeKSA1 (7:43:05 PM): I can assure you that my son is not harrassing parents on the internet, so you are not at his level
FLCLcowdude (7:43:14 PM): I have been kicked around by my mother
NikeKSA1 (7:43:21 PM): I didn't kick my son around
NikeKSA1 (7:43:28 PM): he has a strong personality and had a lot of entitlement
FLCLcowdude (7:43:33 PM): You sure did by sending him to so many schools
NikeKSA1 (7:43:37 PM): he was that way since pre-school
FLCLcowdude (7:43:46 PM): How many year books has he been in>
FLCLcowdude (7:43:48 PM): ?
FLCLcowdude (7:43:54 PM): A dozen or more?
NikeKSA1 (7:43:55 PM): he went to a number of schools because he got kicked out
NikeKSA1 (7:44:18 PM): he graduated from a great school and is doing well in college-
NikeKSA1 (7:44:42 PM): I sent him to the schools he wanted to attend (except for Carlbrook)
FLCLcowdude (7:45:17 PM): But, you decided that you would let other people raise your kids?
FLCLcowdude (7:45:37 PM): *...
NikeKSA1 (7:45:50 PM): sending a kid to boarding school is not the same as letting other people raise your kids
FLCLcowdude (7:46:07 PM): Not a boarding school, a behavior modification place
NikeKSA1 (7:46:18 PM): he was in program for a year
FLCLcowdude (7:46:32 PM): That is a year he can never get back!
NikeKSA1 (7:46:34 PM): yes, I was more than willing to turn him over to someone else- he was out of control at home-
FLCLcowdude (7:47:00 PM): He was out of control, because you let him get that way!
NikeKSA1 (7:47:10 PM): that's right- and a year where he made dear friends who he still talks to and sees all the time- a year where he straightened out his life- a year with mentors that helped him see wehre he wanted to go next
FLCLcowdude (7:47:25 PM): Nothing but money sucking leaches
FLCLcowdude (7:47:31 PM): That is all they are
NikeKSA1 (7:47:36 PM): it doesn't really matter how he got out of control- the point was that he was (and he will admit that)
FLCLcowdude (7:47:49 PM): Yeah, it does
NikeKSA1 (7:47:56 PM): Sorry- but the founders of Second Nature and Carlbrook are far from money sucking leeches
FLCLcowdude (7:47:59 PM): You are the spawn of his problems
FLCLcowdude (7:48:09 PM): You made him that way!
FLCLcowdude (7:48:12 PM): You are his parent
NikeKSA1 (7:48:13 PM): so what?
NikeKSA1 (7:48:27 PM): even if that is true, does that mean we shouldn't try to help him?
FLCLcowdude (7:48:39 PM): You should do it your self
FLCLcowdude (7:48:48 PM): You will build a better relation in the process
NikeKSA1 (7:48:49 PM): we tried- couldn't do it- he will admit that, too
FLCLcowdude (7:48:56 PM): What did you try?
NikeKSA1 (7:48:57 PM): he wouldn't talk to us, listen to us, obey us
NikeKSA1 (7:49:09 PM): how much harm was the family supposed to suffer by keeping him at home?
FLCLcowdude (7:49:16 PM): You gave up!
NikeKSA1 (7:49:20 PM): let him kill someone with our cars?
NikeKSA1 (7:49:26 PM): let him ruin his educational future?
FLCLcowdude (7:49:33 PM): You should hide the keys better ;-)
NikeKSA1 (7:49:42 PM): I assure you, if he had not gone away when he did, he would NOT be where he is today
FLCLcowdude (7:50:13 PM): He is successfull, also in part because you sent him away.
FLCLcowdude (7:50:19 PM): Wanna know why?
NikeKSA1 (7:50:28 PM): he is not a program kid- he hated the therapy- but he knew he needed to be away
FLCLcowdude (7:50:33 PM): He didn't have to listen to you!
NikeKSA1 (7:50:36 PM): your insulting me doesn't bother me at all-
NikeKSA1 (7:50:40 PM): he didn't listen to me anyway
NikeKSA1 (7:50:52 PM): i'm not the one who got him kicked out of his prep school
FLCLcowdude (7:50:58 PM): Plain and simple, you are a terrible mother
FLCLcowdude (7:51:07 PM): I have other stuff to do
NikeKSA1 (7:51:14 PM): I doubt that you do-
NikeKSA1 (7:51:26 PM): you seem like a total waste of human energy- but go have fun
FLCLcowdude (7:51:35 PM): I hope you realize that you are the kind of people who are ruining our youth...
NikeKSA1 (7:51:51 PM): by sending my kid to Carlbrook?  I doubt that
FLCLcowdude (7:52:10 PM): I don't
FLCLcowdude (7:52:20 PM): My time has come to an end, good bye!
NikeKSA1 signed off at 7:52:57 PM.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »
Why are you talking to her? You don't honestly expect her to say something resembling the truth, do you?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:47:35 PM »
yeah, that's karen - the carlbrook troll mom.

kid flunked junior year at tbs, was a junkie

mom watches films of junkie kid cornholing girlfriend

dad is gay

mom is beard for gay dad

daughter became clergy so god could help her understand her twisted family

that sums it up

hi, karen ::bangin::
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:01:50 PM »
Pretty much...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:11 AM »
It's easy to pick on Karen or any other program parent, but when I read things like the IM exchange I have to laugh at how clueless some of you are. "Be his parent" and all that horseshit about being better at hiding the car keys or whatever.

I am totally opposed to BM programs and I advocate community-based therapy that keeps families together. But I can appreciate that some families find themselves in a seemingly impossible situation and they don't know what to do.

I don't know about Karen's situation, but some parents have a teen that is quite literally terrorizing the family. Don't tell me you believe that "be a parent" and "listen to him" is going to solve anything. By "terrorizing," I don't mean normal shit like smoking pot, banging his girlfriend, skipping school and being a general shit to his parents. I'm talking real juvenile delinquent stuff -- stealing cash, jewelry, and other valuables from parents and siblings, stealing and wrecking cars, shoplifting, DUI, selling drugs from his parents house, etc.

Some "troubled teens" really are out of control. Some parents would rather not intentionally get the cops involved, although juvi is probably a better place than any BM program. Criticize the parents all you want, but I don't hear a lot of good suggestions for parents whose kids are hard-core delinquents.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 12:27:16 AM »
What would you do if someone stole your car?  Call the police and file charges.  What would you do if someone stole your valuables?  The police.  Obviously a child like that needs to be locked up.  I think a Judge/Jury should decide, not a frantic parent.  I know, I was one of those frantic parents that almost lost my child to Bethel Boys Academy, Lucedale, MS. aka Pine View Academy.  Thankfully, I found out about these places and rescued him 3 days later.  Frantic parents are not good judges, been there, done that.

Cheryle

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:38:59 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
It's easy to pick on Karen or any other program parent, but when I read things like the IM exchange I have to laugh at how clueless some of you are. "Be his parent" and all that horseshit about being better at hiding the car keys or whatever.

I am totally opposed to BM programs and I advocate community-based therapy that keeps families together. But I can appreciate that some families find themselves in a seemingly impossible situation and they don't know what to do.

I don't know about Karen's situation, but some parents have a teen that is quite literally terrorizing the family. Don't tell me you believe that "be a parent" and "listen to him" is going to solve anything. By "terrorizing," I don't mean normal shit like smoking pot, banging his girlfriend, skipping school and being a general shit to his parents. I'm talking real juvenile delinquent stuff -- stealing cash, jewelry, and other valuables from parents and siblings, stealing and wrecking cars, shoplifting, DUI, selling drugs from his parents house, etc.

Some "troubled teens" really are out of control. Some parents would rather not intentionally get the cops involved, although juvi is probably a better place than any BM program. Criticize the parents all you want, but I don't hear a lot of good suggestions for parents whose kids are hard-core delinquents.

You forgot:

"This is my first time to this website"

"I don't know Karen or agree with her or anything ... but here is my defense for her actions almost word for word."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 12:43:12 AM »
Parents should avoid calling the police at all costs.  Even if their child has broken the law.

Unless there is no other recourse, parents who call the police have become their child's worst enemies.  We live in the age of the background check and the database and having a record of arrests and convictions or committments closes many doors to a person.  The days when a truly reformed man could get a job simply by having a firm handshake and the ability to look another man in the eye are long gone.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 12:56:01 AM »
FLCLcowdude (7:47:00 PM): He was out of control, because you let him get that way!
NikeKSA1 (7:47:10 PM): that's right- and a year where he made dear friends who he still talks to and sees all the time- a year where he straightened out his life- a year with mentors that helped him see wehre he wanted to go next

So instead of spending time reccomending programs online and defending your actions, why not instead elaborate on what led to your child becoming an 'out of control teen' in the first place. This would be much more useful information for everybody, what exactly causes a teen to be out of control -- maybe you could help parents from ever having to even decide on whether to use a program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 01:38:44 AM »
To the person who posted:

You forgot:

"I don't know Karen or agree with her or anything ... but here is my defense for her actions almost word for word."

If you know what's good for you, you would make it your last. Though at one time I thought it was a decent place to find information, it has become nothing but a place to defame and hurt people, criticize innocent parents who are lost at what to do with their wayward and lost teens, and who are radical in the how they think "shut down all programs!" It's not realistic. They forget there are kids who are killing themselves, cutting themselves, harming others, to name a few, and those kids truly do need help.

There are better places to go than here.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 01:58:07 AM »

How did the kids get that way? You gotta stop that shit before it gets bad.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 02:19:48 AM »
If you know what's good for you, you would make it your last.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 06:39:18 AM »
To the person who posted:

You forgot:

If you know what's good for you, you would make it your last. Though at one time I thought it was a decent place to find information, it has become nothing but a place to defame and hurt people, criticize innocent parents who are lost at what to do with their wayward and lost teens, and who are radical in the how they think "shut down all programs!" It's not realistic. They forget there are kids who are killing themselves, cutting themselves, harming others, to name a few, and those kids truly do need help.

There are better places to go than here.

if this is the case, then those kids need REAL help, like a 30-day psychiatric stabilization.  how the HELL do you think a teen warehouse is going to help with severe psychopathology you described?  man, you're clueless.

"programs" treat NOTHING.  it's a proven fact that kids that go to "programs" do NO BETTER than kids who receive NO TREATMENT AT ALL and sometimes get WORSE.

you can save that bullshit argument for someone shopping for a warehouse.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Cascade Vet""
Parents should avoid calling the police at all costs.  Even if their child has broken the law.

Unless there is no other recourse, parents who call the police have become their child's worst enemies.  We live in the age of the background check and the database and having a record of arrests and convictions or committments closes many doors to a person.  The days when a truly reformed man could get a job simply by having a firm handshake and the ability to look another man in the eye are long gone.

A juvenile's criminal record is sealed when he hits 21
An adjudicated child has access to a lawyer to defend his rights
An adjudicated child gets an education
An adjudicated child gets access to his family
An adjudicated child gets fed to a certain carefully monitored minimum standard.
An adjudicated kid has access to competant medical and psychiatric facilities subject to oversight be an independant third party.

In short, a child in juvenile lockup is better off than a child in a behavioural modification facility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
That woman
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 09:59:33 AM »
Yeah, but juvenile lockup will not sell the parents false hopes and dreams, and let them engage in cult like activities... that's what they are paying for... that and total control. Something else they lose with the justice system.