Author Topic: Declartion of Independence ( passage )  (Read 2256 times)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Declartion of Independence ( passage )
« on: March 05, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed  by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of Government becomes destructive of those ends, it is the right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government...

[ This Message was edited by: Morli on 2003-03-05 11:20 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »
Abolish it!  I would like to remove every agency from government power and place it into a status of "community service".  heheheh, that's what they call these things already, but they're actually "prey on the people" schemes as long as the government controls them.

Now that Elizabeth Smart is back home, her family is getting a lot of air time.  One one hand, they are giving credit to the people and their daughter for the initial break in the search.  On the other hand, her aunt and dad are pushing this Amber Alert federal legislation.  Amber Alert was a great idea and design.  Why on earth are these people wanting to hand that over to government control?!?!?  Once the government owns it, it will be much less effective, bogged down by beaurocratic policies, the original founders lose every last shred of control they had over the program, and the government gets to claim credit for each person they rescue while who knows how many got excluded from the Amber Alert.  

They also want someone in the Department of Justice to be dictating the policies, including which missing persons get to be the subjects of the Amber Alerts.

I really wish I had known about it and gotten in on the Amber Alert thing when it was a new idea.  I would have loved to have contributed towards making it a reality... safe from government domination.

The Utah FBI is on TV too trying to slurp up a little glory for themselves when they didn't do jack shit towards finding her.  It was a bus driver and a (c)itizen (o)n (p)atrol who found her.  The FBI in Utah ought to be hiding in shame!  They were 2 veiled females and 1 bearded male wearing white robes everywhere they went, and people knew that.  They spent months within 15-30 miles of Elizabeth's house.  They were homeless... almost always out in plain sight.  The FBI are a bunch of retards.  I know they were in California for a while, but remember the F in FBI, Federal.  Federal sit-on-their-ass-&-collect-a-paycheck is what they are.

David
Kennesaw, GA

[ This Message was edited by: JDavid on 2003-03-13 16:42 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »
On 2003-03-13 16:37:00, JDavid wrote:
Amber Alert was a great idea and design. Why on earth are these people wanting to hand that over to government control?!?!? Once the government owns it, it will be much less effective, bogged down by beaurocratic policies, the original founders lose every last shred of control they had over the program, and the government gets to claim credit for each person they rescue while who knows how many got excluded from the Amber Alert.

Yup, and you can add to that "Subject to abuse." Ever take a close look at those missing children flyers that come with the junk mail? Just about every time I look at them it appears to be a parent and child. If I would have been able to count on my family to help me get away back in around 1985, my daughter and I might well have appeared on those flyers. Instead, 8 years later, the sob to whom the Broward courts forced me to turn her over every other weekend finally got busted for messing around with her and is now a guest of the Florida DOC for another 3 years or so.

Why do people want to turn everything over to government? Well, ever since the New Deal, the propaganda campaign has been pretty heavy and pretty completely successful. If, for example, you don't think it's a good idea to use criminal statutes to reduce drug abuse, why then you must be for drug abuse, right? Or, say, you think it's a bad idea to have a federal Department of Education to dictate school policies, curriculum and all then you must be anti-education, see?

It's gotten to the point where Stalin would blush with envy. American people just can't conceive of accomplishing anything except by government force. This is very confusing to people in places like Cuba and Venezuela. "What is it again that America hate so much about the way we do things that they'll spend billions per year on enforcing embargoes and all the rest?" I have to admit, I can't answer that. Sad, isn't it?

Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice.

--Hearst newspapers nationwide, 1934

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline JDavid

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/moondiggum
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »
"American people just can't conceive of accomplishing anything except by government force."

True, and that's why this particular issue is under my skin so bad.  All of the agencies they seek cooperation from with Amber Alert would have cooperated.  I mean, this is about rescuing kids.  Anyone would be blackballed as pro-kidnapper if they refused to help rescue kids.  

Even the funding for it could have been handled by voluntary contributors.  If they had a funding organization, times like this when Elizabeth Smart was found would be the time to publicize where to go to contribute, and so on with each successful rescue.

Even though the government can usually tack a larger number on any new program's budget, in the long run, much of that budget gets wasted.  Even though public contributions lead to lesser amounts of money all total, I think the volunteer organization could have made 5 times better use of each dollar.

David