Author Topic: How 'bout them cubbies?  (Read 11683 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »
I didn't mean for my post to be an all out assault on the integrity of the board. It seems that one must put on the bullet proof vests to post an opinion that isn't in agreement with the party line here. I think this kind of smear campaign is reminiscent of the brainwashed in the Straight program. It's the same intimidation, and exaggeration, and hype that I saw when I was in the program, for you respond in the exact same way as the phasers did in the program when they suspected a fellow peer to be "full of it". All that is missing is the wild flapping of arms to get called on by the officials here. The only difference is that you've changed the rallying cry from "you can be Straight this very day" to "Reject everyone who doesn't kiss OUR ass".

Like fire breathing dragons, you come down for the kill, why, because I expressed my humble opinion only. I don't know it all, but like I said before. Healing is not the objective of this site. Propaganda is. You're present world is as warped as you choose to make it and if you want to remain in the gall of bitterness over the past, Fine. I am not going to waste my precious time explaining why I said what I said. I stand by what I said.

I wasn't giving an overall critique of the board and the wonderful people here in the first place. I was simply stating my opinion, an opinion that has been expressed by other posters from time to time which always gets shut down and squashed by the fire-breathing party line. These strong arm tactics are truly unnecessary and I am disappointed at the shallowness I am seeing here, but not surprised.

To clarify, there is alot that can be offered on this board, but I still say that this board, in a general sense, is a place for venting. If that is therapeutic to you, then fine. Vent until your heart is content. Rage against that machine.

I am not in any "denial" about the problems surrounding Straight. But I refuse to give up my brain to swallow everything that I hear from you guys as infallible truth. Did I accidently defy the Forum Papacy?

What are you guys about anyway? You act like you will never recover from Staight and admit it! That is called LOSING!!!! I know I can and will recover from my Straight inflicted wounds. I will not be pulled back into the steamy caldron of hot poopy that you bathe and romp in. You guys are nuts if you think I am going to romp in the hot stinky poo and say "it's good for you", because I am free not to romp in the stinky poo. I am free to say it is not good for you to romp in the poopy. I am free to tell others that poopy stinks. Hate me all you want, it will only make me stronger. Your ways will never win the war. You lack discipline.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jay

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2003, 02:14:00 AM »

Offline chinrse23

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2003, 06:06:00 AM »
To the anon poster, i am definitely not a "fire breathing dragon" unless you consider it to be in defense of my husband.  

We all survive everyday.  Our opinions and thoughts are formed by what has happened in the past.  Straight people were forced into a world where they learned how to deal with the future only by going over and over again everything bad that happened in their lives and how they caused it.

Not only that, they learned to do this at a time when their minds were developing into adulthood.
They were "taught" this is the way that you become a better person.

They cannot just simply "forget" this. Just as you will not forget what your parents taught you.

This board has helped me very much in my time of need.  They have accepted my opinions and I dont always tow the line.

I have seen first hand what straight can do.  I hope that you can realize just what the program was about and try not to judge people so harshly.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »
oh mg8,, you're so over emoticonable!

::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »
(that last post by a different anonymous than the one raged against)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »
cute! I love it!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »
Again, this is a different anonymous than the original one everyone is so mad at.

The funny thing is, since Morli has started posting on this board I find I identify with her immensely, and yet, I also found myself in some degree of agreement with Anonymous' post that got everyone so mad.

In response to I believe Moobie's post which I read today, I was going to advise counseling for healing from Straight, and also advise carefulness on choosing a counselor. I went through a very very angry period in which I was angry all the time and not just about Straight. I went to a counselor for a while who was just as angry as me or more, but she did not show this directly in our sessions, only subtly, and I finally was able to trust my instinct about her and leave. I then realized that a number of her clients (I knew who they were because it was a small town) were quite angry women. One of them, at least, had been going to this counselor for years and was still angry, as well as abusive, which I found out when I worked for her. Anyway, the counselor encouraged anger. I wanted to find a different way in the world. I told her about screaming at my housemates to be quiet at night and she suggested that I had finally found the way to get them to be quiet.

I have also spoken with another counselor who said that my anger was healthier than depression. That was a good point. But she was such a good adviser to me that it wasn't all about the anger, instead it was letting the anger be a motivator, or a sign that things needed to change, something that got me in touch with my hara. Also, she encouraged me to see the other person's side from a perspective of love, to see the bigger picture even though the other person was hurting me. To see that person's actions toward me as a symptom of something else within them and not take it so personal.

So I think I understand where the other anonymous is coming from. If we JUST stay angry... well, there is nothing wrong with that, that is a choice, but is there something else which we want to fill our lives? Like Morli was saying about how Moobie & her daughter can help send the demons running away. Then you are filled with love. Are Morli and Anonymous really so different in what they are trying to say?

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »
Alright, Miss, or Mr. Anonymous or whoever. I suppose get wrapped up in the fragile aspect of things regarding straight inc and the people who want to find help on the outside and the like here at this and other survivor forums. For you to unhumbly say this forum is not the place to look for help just took a wrong turn in my mind, plus the fact that I have personal experience dealing with current issues and people who are on the edge constantly as a result of their treatment at straight. They call anytime they want, they chat, they email, they do all kinds of things by using these forums to HEAL!!! Maybe I came off too strong, I apologize if I offended anyone. Normally I maintain my composure a little more than that, but I am very passionate about what we do to help survivors after they find this stuff on the internet. I really never confronted anyone in the program, so I guess it makes sense that the first time I get really upset at ANONYMOUS comments, it would not go over too well. straight inc affected everybody in different ways, some to the point where they chose to end their lives, others who contemplate ending it often, but see others who deal with issues now and work to help. I love to help people come back from that misery and pain and heal. This board is a gateway to hope and healing. This is present day stuff, not 20 years ago stuff. I believe that some of your anonymous post made some sense, but there is also some reason to fly off about it too, depending on the particular circumstances people are experiencing. If you have recovered from the survivor experience, that's fine. To fling out such "this isnt the place" ideas in this particular case could seriously compromise progress that people who are on the edge have made. Of course, you may not agree with that, and that of course is just that, an opinion. Opinions are often misunderstood, I am guilty of that, I admit. I think in this case I am justified in having an upset type emotion. I think if you realized the whole picture, then you may alter some of your opinions to better suit the times. I understand that is your choice so I will ask you at this time, if you read this, can you understand my reasoning, and have some sort of middle ground? I may have overreacted a bit with the "blast the shit out the author" thing, those emoticons got out of hand,  :smokin:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2003, 02:18:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: cult survivor on 2004-11-29 06:48 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »
Bob, here's something to think about. Try and find out about any street fairs and such that are coming up and find out how you'd go about setting up a booth. I've seen such artist rake in several hundred a day. Of course, it's not steady work. But damned good when you can get it. And it's a whole lot more fun than most regular employment.

What is a committee?  A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary.    
-- Richard Harkness, The New York Times, 1960

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2003, 04:19:00 PM »
On 2003-03-02 07:13:00, Anonymous wrote:
I went to a counselor for a while who was just as angry as me or more, but she did not show this directly in our sessions, only subtly, and I finally was able to trust my instinct about her and leave. I then realized that a number of her clients (I knew who they were because it was a small town) were quite angry women.

I spent some time a few years back working for an answering service. (This is not something I would recomend to anyone for stress management, btw.) Most of our customers were various kinds of medical practices. Some were nice and friendly, some were strictly business, some were tough customers and others were so well loved and resopected by their patients that it was a true honor to serve them. Then there were a few who stood out as total assholes.

The queen of that hill would call each and every day complaining about anything from a call answered on the 3rd or 4th ring to alleged overbilling to... you name it, it was always something. And this lady didn't just complain, she reemed! It was her policy to daily find some subordinate, pin their feet to the ground and pimp slap them around for awhile (figuratively). She was also the head head shrinker of a practice with the term "Anger Management" in the name. I suppose they subscribed to the Mike Tyson method of anger management.

Anyway, I've always done alright (I think) on the theory that I've had just about all the help I can stand. Examining this stuff has helped me to better understand some of my crazyness and to sort out what's crazy about me from what's merely different from people lucky enough to not understand that anyone can pretty easily be broken and brainwashed and caused to betray their very families.

It's a harsh reality and I sometimes envy people who have never had cause to see it. But it's also nothing new in this world. Cultism has been with us always and probably always will be. But roses still smell sweet, spring always follows winter and life is still worth living for a thousand reasons. I'm grateful to have had the good fortune not to have been born black in So. Africa, for example, or in Russia around the time of the Revolution. Could be worse, ya' know?

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues

--Abraham Lincoln

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »
On 2003-03-01 20:16:00, Anonymous wrote:Like fire breathing dragons, you come down for the kill, why, because I expressed my humble opinion only. I don't know it all, but like I said before. Healing is not the objective of this site. Propaganda is.

On 2003-03-01 20:16:00, Anonymous wrote:I wasn't giving an overall critique of the board and the wonderful people here in the first place. I was simply stating my opinion, an opinion that has been expressed by other posters from time to time which always gets shut down and squashed by the fire-breathing party line. These strong arm tactics are truly unnecessary and I am disappointed at the shallowness I am seeing here, but not surprised.

I hope you can understand how such a statement might be offensive to people for whom these forums are all about healing. Your comments come off sounding a whole lot like "Just get over it, it's in the past for Christ's sake!" which is something that most of us are sick to death of hearing.

But, unlike in the Program, you're free to say what you want and equally entitled to read (or not) anyone's response to it.

BTW, in case ya'll don't know this, you can register a username with entirely bogus information. You don't even have to give a real email address. It's just that if you ever forget your password, you'll have to ask us to change it for you instead of using the automagical email lookup, which sends the new password to the email address that you enter. All these anons are getting confusing!

Where powers are assumed which have not been delegated, a nullification of the act is the rightful remedy.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

Offline ehm

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2003, 04:52:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: cult survivor on 2004-11-29 06:49 ]

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2003, 09:52:00 AM »

On 2003-03-02 15:59:00, ShaneUNC wrote:

"Feeling love for me isn't difficult, but trusting it is. I can say that the term was thrown about in Straight in a very negative way.

I couldn't agree more with Shane! My issues with love have nothing to do with the person who is "in love" with me or loves me. (They are different.) My issue has everything to do with believing I am worthy of love. I was told I was a shitty person so consistently for long enough to believe it. Then I went to straight....

I cannot begin to tell y'all the amount of work it has taken to get my self esteem on par with my ego. Truly frightening is the fact that I can go right back into the self-hating, loathesome indivdual in a very short time. About 4 years ago I had been out of work for about 9 months and couldn't find a job. I was out in the woods hunting and went from I'm going to find supper to crying because I was so useless (not a good thing when you have a loaded rifle handy) in a matter of maybe an hour. My wife still loved me....

Shortly after this, I started my own business that did fairly well during it's first year. Early in the 3rd year I had to close the business, default the creditors and I hid in shame for I live in a medium sized town where all the business people know one another. I had to sell me house and move into an old farm house that is owned jointly between my father, my siblings and myself. Once again all this stuff came pounding in on me. I wound up on a serotonin uptake inhibitor which undepressed me some. Still, my wife loved me....

Somewhere during this time, I started to believe there was something about me that was worthy of being loved. The greatest thing in the world was pushing a stroller through the Charlotte Airport with my son hollering, "Your the man, daddy!" the entire time. I have been with my wife for 13 years and, on the 9th, benn married for 7. I can only say it was through time alone and very little effort on my part, that perhaps this belief has come. I mean, for crying out loud, I have been a first class shit head at times. One of those stupid sayings, "Don't give up before the miracle happens." Anyway my two cents..., for what their worth.

On 2003-03-02 13:40:00, Ginger wrote:

BTW, in case ya'll don't know this, you can register a username with entirely bogus information. You don't even have to give a real email address. It's just that if you ever forget your password, you'll have to ask us to change it for you instead of using the automagical email lookup, which sends the new password to the email address that you enter. All these anons are getting confusing!

Ginger, have I said lately, You're the Woman!

CL

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2003-03-03 06:57 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How 'bout them cubbies?
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »
JESUS, WHAT ASS-HOLE WROTE THIS PILE OF CRAP?SORRY PEOPLE. BUT PLEASE,WHO NEEDS THAT?