Author Topic: Darrington Academy - another HLA?  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Darrington Academy - another HLA?
« on: October 04, 2006, 11:05:39 AM »
Darrington Academy is also accredited an Education Facility with Special Purpose.

Does the state of Georgia realize how many of these program they have and how rampant this problem is?

http://www.coe.uga.edu/gac/members/educ ... urpose.pdf

http://th.darringtonacademy.org/summary.htm

1580 APPALACHIAN HIGHWAY
BLUE RIDGE GA 30513

Mission: Darrington Academy will provide a safe environment where students may improve themselves, mentally, physically, and socially as they learn to improve home and family relationships.

Darrington Academy is located on the outskirts of Blude Ridge, GA. Nestled in the southern most portion of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this quant little town a little more than an hour north of Atlanta provides the perfect setting for students to develop both in character and intellect. The climate provides an opportunity for students to experience all four season without getting too hot in the summer or too cold n the winter, while the surrounding mountains offer a multitude of year round opportunities for outdoor activities.

Darrington Academy provides a structured schdule and extensive supervision to a select group of students who while possessing great potential have made choices which are limiting future successes. While we understand that each student must make the changes within themselves, we provide numerous opportunities for each student to identify and overcome individual problems.

We employ a well educated and qualified staff to aid your student during their stay at Darrington Academy. (go to link to read more...)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 03:33:48 PM »
anyone else notice the barb wired fence in the maintenance staff photo? :question:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »
Necessary in order to detain the kids. They're right on a highway, not in a foreign country or a remote, desolate location.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 04:04:21 PM »
Look at the FAQ's! They look familiar!!!

Frequently Asked Questions

The Enrollment Process

Q: Can we visit the School at any time?

A: Yes, you are welcome to come to the facility any time you schedule a visit. After enrolling your student you can stop by any time you see fit.

Q: How long is the enrollment process for my student, what if I need to do it as quickly as possible?

A: In most cases it takes a minimum of 24 hours to complete the enrollment process, but your student must meet Darrington Academy enrollment specifications.

Q: If I need financial aid or assistance are there any programs for my teen's tuition?

A: Your admissions representative will help you find financial assistance. There are different solutions for different families.

Q: Are there specific times during the year to enroll my student or is it open at any time?

A: Students can enroll at Darrington Academy at any time of the year. Our academic program has been developed to assist your student?s specific needs. For more information about academics see below.

Q: Once I make the decision to enroll my teen, how do I get them to Darrington Academy?

A: Your admissions representative will assist you through the different options of getting your child to the school. Each situation is different. Some students will come voluntarily while others won't. They will help you determine what is best for your family.

Student Life

Q: How many students sleep per dormitory room?

A: Four to six students are in one dormitory room.

Q: How long is the average stay for a student at Darrington Academy?

A: The program is based on the student?s results, meaning it depends on the individual student?s willingness to comply and commit to working and creating positive results.

Q: How often are student visits allowed?

A: Visits to your student are allowed when the teen reaches the appropriate status and has earned the privilege.

Q: Do you have special activities on Holidays?

A: Yes, activities are scheduled for certain holidays.

Family Communication

Q: Is the family involved in the student?s progress?

A: A Family Representative is assigned to each student. Your Family Representative is in contact with your teen throughout the week. Weekly phone calls are made updating you on your student's progress. In time, students earn phone calls with their parents. Parents and students communicate by letter as often as they like. The parents and students attend workshops to assist in creating better communication.

Academic Area

Q: Is the School fully accredited?

A: Darrington Academy has been given ?Full Accreditation? by the Georgia Accrediting Commission as an educational agency for special purposes.

Q: Are the teachers certified?

A: Yes all our teachers are certified.

Q: How many hours of school do the students have scheduled for class each day?

A: 6 hours a day in the classroom, but divided into multiple classroom sessions.

Q: Do they have Physical Ed. time?

A: Morning fitness is 30min each day and P.E. is in the afternoon for 1hour each day.

Medical Area

Q: In case of a medical emergency, how is the school prepared?

A: We have a Nurse and nurse?s station on the school grounds and a Doctor who has appointments on campus in the week, and the Hospital and emergency room is less than 10 minutes away.